The First Marble

Galaxy Enclosed by Glass Marbles | CLOSED | FINISHING UP REQUESTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MARBLE #1  

Secret Love [B.A.P ft. Song Jieun]

"Hey there little buddy."

Junshin flinched. It was her first day in this school and she wasn't exactly excited about meeting new friends. She had recently moved from Incheon to Seoul. But it wasn't just any part of Seoul, this school was located in Gangnam where all of Seoul's richest people stayed. She had constantly changed schools because of her father. Every year she would change school, every year she would lose her friends. That was the main reason as to why she didn't like meeting new friends. JunShin had managed to get into Gangnam High with scholarship, although that meant that she would probably be staying in this school for a longer time then normal, Junshin just couldn't be sure.

JunShin hid behind a pillar, afraid to get spotted by whoever was there. "You hungry, buddy?" A boy said with a dialect, which JunShin recognized as a Busan accent. JunShin furrowed her eyebrows as she heared a soft meow. She peered over the edge of the wall to see who it was. There, she could see a male dressed in the same uniform as her crouching over as he lightly the cat. JunShin felt her heart soften due to her unconditional love of animals.

"Well, that's a good thing since I brought some milk for you." He took out a bowl and a carton of milk from the paper bag he was carrying. He poured out some milk into the bowl and offered it to the cat to drink. 

"Aigoo. You're drinking well, huh? Well, drink it well. I have to go now. See you soon, bud." The male had turned around too fast for JunShin to hide herself causing their visions to meet. JunShin's eyes widen and almost immediately she hid behind the wall. The last image in her mind was him smiling at her, she could feel her heart beating hard in her chest. 

"Jung Daehyun! Feeding the cat again?" A voice said. *Jung Daehyun? Is that his name?* The corner of her lips tugged upwards. "Oh. YoungJae-ah! Why are you here so early?" Daehyun said, no longer speaking in his dialect. 

The said boy shrugged. "Let's just get to class. We'll continue talking on the way." The two of them walked off. JunShin didn't even know that she was holding her breath this whole time. 

2 Years Later || The present

JunShin's eyes landed on him, her biggest crush. She loved everything about him. His smile, laugh, personality, everything. Her heartbeat growing more rapid with every second. Jung Daehyun was talking to his best friend, Yoo YoungJae. He cracked up when YoungJae told him a joke. Although she couldn't hear it physically, her brain somehow managed to remind her of how his melodic laughter would bellow through the room. 

JunShin twirled the pen which was between her fingers as she looked around the cafeteria. Everyone was sitting with their friends. While her? She was seated alone. She didn't have any friends. She was infamously known as the coldest girl in school, rumors about her supposed 'dark past' went rampant throughout the school not even a month after she entered the school. Since then everyone had avoided her not even daring to look at her in the eyes yet Daehyun and his friends were the only who had greeted her as she passed by, somehow this little act made her feel more welcomed at the school than any other school even if everyone else avoided her.

JunShin sighed and looked down at the book before her, still twirling the pen between her fingers. It was something she always carried around with her. Everywhere she went so would her diary. Her diary was filled with her life, from school life to her family matters and most of all, Jung Daehyun. JunShin stopped twirling her pen and started to write in her diary.

Dear Diary,
                  Its another normal day again here in Gangnam High. With everyone sitting with their friends and me seated alone, as usual. I really wonder who was the immature prick who decided starting such a baseless rumor would be fun, what a sadistic person he or she is. What's even more, every single student in this overrated school believing such a rumor, how ridiculous. 
                    As always, Daehyun is with his friends, smiling and laughing with him. While I'm just tables away from them, seeing Daehyun's smile which I love so much. I must have a sad life. I heard, having a one-sided love is the worst, maybe it truly is, how would I judge when this love is the only love I've experienced. But even if I did, what would actually change even if I knew that its a difficult love to have? Nothing. Because Daehyun obviously only pities me, there's no way in hell that a perfect guy like him would accept my conffession, even if I did gather the courage to conffess. 

-JunShin
 6/10/2014

JunShin closed her diary and her eyes automatically shifted to Daehyun. She felt her legs weaken at the sight of him flipping his hair with a smile on his face. Just then, Daehyun turned to look at her. Their eyes met. 

JunShin eyes widened in shock. She was caught looking at him. Her cheeks flushed red but her eyes refuse to be torn away from Daehyun's. Daehyun's smile didn't disappear. He kept his eyes on her for a long time even after JunShin broke the eye contact.

JunShin could feel her cheeks heating up even after breaking their eye contact. She bit on her lower lip and took a deep breath.

"Yah, Jung Daehyun. Were you even listening to me?" YoungJae asked, looking at the said boy. YoungJae huffed in annoyance when Daehyun didn't reply to him. He sighed and looked at the direction where Daehyun was looking at, a sly smirk forming on his face, "Eyy, Jung Daehyun! Eyeing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter