The Seventh Marble

Galaxy Enclosed by Glass Marbles | CLOSED | FINISHING UP REQUESTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MARBLE #7

Jealousy [TEEN TOP]

The bell hanging above the glass door rang the when the door swung open. A tall male was by the door, panting as perspiration trickled down his temple. His fringed was wet with sweat as he had ran all the way to this cafe which he usually hang out at. He gulped before standing up straight as his eyes immediately found its way to the other end of the cafe where a beautiful lady sat at his usual table which was at the corner of the cafe, right beside the window. The male smiled before walking towards that table.

Meanwhile, the lady couldn't focus on anything. She was worried about how he would react when she breaks the news to him. Would he let her go? She sighed as she looked out the window trying to clear her thoughts.

"Hey," Zelo breathed as he took the seat opposite of her. The girl faked a smile in return and Zelo could immediately tell that something was off. Her heart was beating at a fast pace upon seeing Zelo in front of her. She was nervous and worried about him being unable to bear with the news she was about to break.

"Hey," she managed to mutter as she slid the cold drink, that laid on the table, towards him. "Here, I ordered your favorite." Zelo muttered a small 'thanks' before his eyes darkened as he narrowed his eyes on her. "What happened?" He asked before he groaned. "I swear, Yeonmi. If anyone hurt you I will beat him up." Yeonmi sighed. This was something she hated about him. He being over-protective of her. When they just started dating, she found it cute but after about 2 years, she was getting sick of it.

"Zelo, I have news." She finally said. The said boy raised a brow. "Zelo? You never call me that, babe. Something's off. Shoot." He said, leaning forward with his elbows, which were on the table, supporting his weight.

Yeonmi looked down at her fingers, debating if she should tell him now or not. "Yeonmi, please. Nothing's gonna work out if you ke-" "Let's end things." She said as she looked straight into his eyes with courage.

She watched as his pupils widened and his body froze.

Zelo suddenly felt like the once noisy cafe suddenly turned quiet and all he could hear was both his and hers' breathes and all he could see was the two of them.

"Wh-what?" He asked after he registered her sentence in his brain. She gulped and inhaled before replying,"I said 'let's end things'." Zelo bit on his bottom lip. “W-why? Why so suddenly? Did...Did I do something wrong? Tell me if I did, I swear I will change. Please, YeonMi. Please don’t do this to me. Please don’t leave me. Tell me what I did wrong, I will cha-“

Yeonmi immediately cut him off. “There’s nothing wrong about what you had done, Zelo.” She said coldly and firmly, looking into his eyes with courage. The boy bit on his bottom lip before letting out a frustrated sigh. He ruffled his hair messily. “Then why? Why do you suddenly want to break up?” “I…I…” Yeonmi hesitated to let the bad news out.

“Yeonmi,” Zelo warned, wanting to hear the reason. “I don’t love you anymore.” She blurted as she kept her head down and played with her fingers, waiting for Zelo to blurt out a string of words saying how he would change to get her back. But to her surprise, he didn’t. His lips didn’t even part to say a word, he kept silent. He didn’t show any other emotion except for…hurt.

Yeonmi didn't know why but she felt like he deserve an explanation of why she didn't love him anymore. "I'm sorry, Zelo. But I was starting to get annoyed with you being over-protective of me. When we first started, I found it cute that you were jealous and mad but now...It became annoying."

"If I change and stop being over-protective...Will you give me another chance?" He asked quietly after a moment of silence. The girl looked at him guiltily. "I'm sorry, Junhong-ah but I've lost the spark. I can't seem to be as happy as I was with you and my heart doesn't seem to beat like it was when I was with you. And...I think another reason why I don't love you anymore is that, my heart started beating fast around another guy."

"Are you happy with him? Would you be happy if I let you go?" He asked, looking into her brown orbs. "Yes." She said softly. He let out a sigh before continuing,"then go now and don't turn back. Go while I'm letting you."

"Jun-" 

"Go, Yeonmi. Go before I become selfish and keep you to myself." The girl bit on her bottom lip as tears unknowingly fell from her eyes. Although she didn't love him anymore, but those times where they were together was pure bliss and it was a part of her life. Parting would be the hardest thing anyone could ever experience. So although she didn't love him anymore, she can't help but let tears flow down her cheeks.

"Thank you and I'm sorry, Junhong." She quickly grabbed her bag and placed a kiss on his cheek before running out of the cafe. As soon as he heard the bell ring, signaling that she was out of the cafe, he immediately let the tears, he was holding back, flow down his cheeks.

He took in a deep breath to calm himself down. He forced himself to stop crying before getting up and leaving the cafe.

The phone rang for the twenty-third time but Zelo continued ignoring it as he gulped down another bottle of soju. Annoyance and anger rushed through his veins when the ringing stopped and started again for the twenty-forth time. He immediately grabbed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter