The Ninth Marble

Galaxy Enclosed by Glass Marbles | CLOSED | FINISHING UP REQUESTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MARBLE #9

2nd Confession [BTOB]

Mondays...What thoughts come to your mind first? The most hated day? School? Work? To everyone, it may be the day they hated the most. But not for Kim Yugyeom. He was once part of the 'anti-mondays' group but after becoming a barista at a small and cozy cafe, Mondays became his favorite day. No, it wasn't because he loved working there. Yes, he does enjoy working at this cafe but it wasn't the main reason why he loves Monday. It was because of a costumer. A costumer that comes to the cafe every Monday and always orders the same drink - Caramel Macchiato.

Yugyeom woke up today with much anticipation. He had rushed off from home and reached his work place early, wanting to see the costumer as soon as possible. He had stayed up all night, in his room, practicing his confession. He practiced his singing so he could serenade her. He wrote a awkward letter and bought a teddy bear for her too. He had actually stayed up days to plan for this day. The day he was going to confess his feelings to her. He knew it was weird to fall for a girl he hardly knew but there was this charm about her that made him fall for her.

Was it how sweet her voice sounded? Was it how her smiles always managed to make his heart race? Was it how she always looks happy or was it the times where he caught her glances which were directed towards him? He didn't know.

The door opened, and chatters filled the air. Yugyeom immediately snapped out of his thoughts and brought his eyes towards the door with much anticipation and excitement.

But when it was a group of guys that entered the cafe, he sighed dejectedly. "Why are you here?" He asked as he took a damped cloth to clean the counter top. JR, a friend of his, scoffed as walked towards the table closet to the counter. "How rude of you to treat your hyungs like this." He scrunched his nose before pulling out a chair as a sigh escaped his lips.

"We brought you up wrongly." He shook his head in disapproval. JB smiled at the boy behind the counter. "Were you disappointed that it wasn't the girl you were expecting?" A teasing smile was on his lips. Yugyeom immediately flushed as he looked away and ignored him. Jackson threw his head back and laughed, with Youngjae joining him, "He ignored you, hyung!" 

JR clucked his tongue. "Told you so. We brought him up wrongly." Mark shook his head at the boys who were seated before leaning against the counter. Yugyeom looked at him before glancing at his friends. "So what you all want?" 

"The normal," They chimed. "Got it." He simply replied before making their drinks. "So how's your confession going?" Mark asked, running a hand through his hair. Yugyeom shrugged. "I'm not sure, honestly but I'm prepared." He said, letting a sigh escape his lips. Mark furrowed his eyebrows and cocked his head to a side in confusion. "Prepared for?"

"Rejection, of course." Mark shook his head in reply. "You shouldn't think so negatively, Yugyeom-ah. You should think about the positiv-" Yugyeom immediately cute him off.

"You didn't let me finish, hyung. I'm also prepared for the better." His lips curled up at the thought of getting accepted. "You're already happy at the thought of getting accepting by, Beak Hyunju? How cute." Mark cooed and Yugyeom's eyes widened in shock. "Hyung, don't say her name out loud!" His said anxiously as his eyes wandered around, seeing if anyone had overheard their conversation.

Mark leaned over the countered and slapped him across his head. "Pabo. We're the only ones here." Yugyeom pouted as he continued making the drinks. Mark shook his head with a smile before joining his friends at the table.

Yugyeom sighed dreamily at the thought of seeing her today, singing to her, confessing to her, getting accepted by her and being with her for the rest of his life. Yes, he was love struck. A love fool, I would add.

He quickly served his friends their drinks and the cafe started getting more customers which also meant that Yugyeom became busier each minute. But he never fails to get dejected every time the doors opened and it wasn't Hyunju that walked in.

It was already 7.45 pm and Hyunju had not walked through the doors. It was way past the time which she normally came in at. She usually ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter