001

Her honest mistake

“Soo Jung,” Krystal stopped walking and turned around to see Victoria waving her hands in the air. She had no choice but to really come to her friends. It wasn’t that she didn’t like to be with them but after seeing Kai and the new girl make that certain something, she just really wanted to be alone. Being with her friends means that she’d blabber and pour her heart out again which would lead to crying and crying to reliving all the bad memories that ever happened in her life. And she didn’t want that.

“What happened?” the leader asked but she kept shut,

 She needed to save her pride even if it meant still crying later at night.

“Nothing happened,” she took a deep breath and smiled,

“What happened?” the older one asked once again but put more emphasis in those two words,

“Nothing happened. Oh wait, maybe something did and I just didn’t want to tell you. Not until tomorrow at least. I just want to be alone so please? Back off, Vic. I’m not in the mood for anything right now but crying and fighting. I’m sure you don’t want to be part of one of the options,” she said rather ily and bit her lip,

She was already fuming yet it had no effect in Victoria. If there was something she hated about bestfriends, it was definitely when they aren’t going to back out knowing there’s something wrong with you. She hugged Victoria tightly and bit her lip harder to prevent herself from breaking down in the middle of the hallway. People were too busy with their own business anyway to notice them, okay well maybe their faces and bodies but not what they were talking about. Fortunately.

She was Krystal Jung. The drama queen of the drama department. In both senses.

She loved to create a ruckus and she was the best actress they could have.

She was also the queen bee and it mattered to her. Her popularity meant something to her and she needed it, she wanted it. The spotlight should always be focused on her and not anyone else. She wasn’t a bully though, never one but when a fight is raised right on her face, no backing down. It isn’t in her vocabulary.

Too bad, it always ends up with the attacker’s demise.

They either get expelled or get bullied so they’d choose the 1st option.

It was definitely not her fault that she was the daughter of director of the school and it was certainly not her fault that they were too insecure. She had what it takes and she was a living statue of a goddess but that’s just her exaggerating. She’s good at that anyway. Actress and a .

Before Krstal could open to tell the whole story, a voice cut her out.

“Kai oppa!” a girl’s voice said and giggled,

She couldn’t be mistaken. It was the new girl and God did she own a very soft voice! Kai’s weakness, she thought. She could just be the epitome of every boy’s dream. The one they’d actually be proud of and the one they’d let their parents meet. Totally not her in any way…

“I’m serious, you’re really cute,” Kai answered with a chuckle.

Kai never does that. Not with any other girl at least… He would never do that unless he’s really interested.

She turned around and saw the soon-to-be couple laughing side by side.

“So you’re from Seoul University?” Kai asked like a lovestruck teenager but before the new girl could answer, she stepped right in front of them and smiled fakely,

“So you must be me smart? I’m Krystal Jung,” she introduced and held her hand out which the girl happily shook,

“Yu Se Na but I’m not, I’m just lucky to get in there,” she answered with her oh so soft voice,

“Are you showing her around the campus?” she casually asked Kai who pursed his lips in response, “I can do it you know if you’re busy or something,” she offered but they both knew the hidden meaning of her words. Kai was used to it anyway, immuned would really be a good term.

“I’m not-“ “Of course you are, Mr. Vice President! Victoria’s waiting for you, I can tour Se Na here,” she smiled and turned back to the new girl, “It’s okay with you right?” she added and blinked her eyes innocently.

“Se Na, excuse us for a moment okay?” Before both of the girls could come up with a reply, Kai had already dragged Krystal to the nearest empty place his eyes landed into, the janitor’s closet which was probably very far from where Se Na was but it was the best for everyone because the next scene would probably be shouting or cursing at each other. The usual. It was a cycle, argue then sweet, argue then sweet. It started exactly 3 years ago.

Kai glared at her and shook his head in disappointment but she held her chin up.  If she gives up now, she might as well give up her chance on him forever so there will no backing out with Kai. Ever.

“What the- What do you think you’re doing?” he asked  calmly but it made him more intimidating,

“I just wanted to show her around. Is that a problem?” she asked and crossed her arms,

“Really? Show her around-“ “Don’t assume will you-“

“I’m not assuming, Krys. I know what you’re doing and don’t do that ever again,” he threatened,

“Or what? You’re going to dump me? There’s no us. You’re going to humiliate me? You can’t do that.  Or you’re going to hurt me? You’re doing that everyday. Your very existence hurts me,” she slapped his chest and took a deep breath,

“I’m warning you, Krys. Don’t do that or-“

“I’m not going to stop doing so, not until you’re mine again. I’m not going to lose you again,” she hated how weak she sounded when she delivered those words but Kai merely shook his head oncea gain and headed for the door,

“There’s nothing to lose, Krys. There’s no us remember? Your words, not mine,” he stated before leaving and closing the door.

But she was Krystal Jung and she’s never going to back down even if it meant living up to the bad name people had stuck with her name.


Just a little insight of their lives.