Time is on Your Side

Lay Down Your Swords

SM Academy was everything that it looked like in the pictures and the advertisements. As opposed to the blue colored Oceanside, the academy was colored in a Salmon Reddish color that was more or less a hot pink but colored deeper to add a more prestigious feel. Hongbin gazed out of the window from the airship. It must've been nice to have an Academy right at the center of Seoul, the capital, for everyone to see and boast about. Still, Hongbin couldn't help but to feel uneasy as the airship started to lower istelf onto a dock on an upper level of the main building. 

"We've arrived." A robotic voice sounded through the vessel, it was the virtual intelligence. Sometimes those things freaked out Hongbin. After all it was a voice that sounded like it's own person but it was just a computer programming that didn't even have it's own thoughts. Otherwise that'd make it an AI, and those are illegal. The sheer thought of an artificial intelligence was frightening to say the least. 

All of the boys disembarked from the airship and stood on the dock waiting for further instructions. The wind was slightly strong due to the high elevation and it made Hongbin shiver slightly. He suddenly felt strong arms wrapped around him and he looked up to see that it was none other than Ravi with a goofy grin across his tan face. "You alright Beanie?" He heard Ravi sing in a teasing voice. Since when did he call Hongbin by that nickname? He didn't care. Hongbin merely scoffed and looked away with an unamused expression. 

"I am now." He said quickly regretting it as Ravi's grin grew huger before Hongbin quickly added, "But don't get too excited Casaravi." He jabbed back with his own nickname, causing Ravi to groan in non-literal pain. 

"Ow, I felt that." N chuckled as Hongbin chuckled with him as well. Hongbin could see Hyuk pouting but quickly smiling when their eyes met. Hongbin's eyes trailed around, waiting, noticing that Leo was still reading his book, the same book that he read when they were waiting for their headmaster to talk to them while Ken was peering over the edge of dock all the way down to the ground. 

"Holy jeebus! How tall are we? The elevation must be nuts!" Ken exclaimed as he flailed around, causing N to groan out in a nagging mother like tone. 

"Lee Jaehwan, get away from the edge right now before you kill yourself." N groaned as he walked over to Ken who fanned away at their leader. 

"Puh-leeze, even if I did fall, Leo would just cast some fancy wind magic and come save me. Right Leo!?" Ken exclaimed as Leo was still nose deep in his book, not even wincing towards Ken's direction. "Uh... Leo...?" He asked as Leo continued to ignore him, causing Hyuk to chuckle mischievously. 

"I think Leo would just use his magic to accelerate your fall." Hyuk jabbed causing Ken to whine childishly in a high pitched tone. 

"NO HE WOULDN'T! LEO LOVES ME! DON'T YOU LEO?" Ken wailed almost as he was once again met by silence. This time however, Leo actually looked up from his book with his narrow, cat like, eyes. He blinked a couple of times and simply uttered two words. 

"Too loud." He said quietly as he looked back into his book. Causing Ken to pout as he backed up to the edge. 

"LEO SAY YOU'D SAVE ME OR ELSE I'LL FALL!" He said as he backed up causing N's eyes to widen as he grabbed Ken by the collar of his SWORD uniform and pulled him in closer to the center away from the edge and karate chopped his neck, causing Ken to whine in pain as he fell to his knees. 

"Jesus Ken, you need to calm down or else I'll punish you." N sighed as Hongbin chuckled. Leave it to Jaehwannie to cause a scene when there's literally nothing to make a scene out of. 

Ken coughed a bit as he whined in pain and massaged the area that N chopped. "Yeah you'd like that wouldn't ya you y-leader. I mean what? Who said that?" Ken said with a sly smirk as he stuck a tongue out, causing Hyuk to burst into a giggle fit. 

"I swear Jaehwan when we get back-" N was quickly interrupted as the door in front of them slid open. A couple of male figures walked through the doors, four to be exact. This must've been the members of that SWORD squad known as EXO. Their SWORD uniforms had a very similar design to VIXX's but something about the placement of some vestments made it more prestigious. The coloring alone had it's own character that reflected the red theme of SM as opposed to the blue color of Oceanside. Not to mention that they already had a couple of decorated medals in place on their uniform. 

"Greetings VIXX, I am Suho, leader of EXO, I'm joined by some of our members Chen, D.O, and Tao. A couple of us are currently training and preparing for deployment so we have been assigned to guide you through our campus and to SHINee." Suho announced in a professional toned voice. 

First impression, he was handsome. Despite his short height he held himself strongly, as expected of a leader and had this prestigious preppy pretty-boy thing that was going for him. Despite that however, he gave off a vibe that almost seemed robotic. The way he spoke had no feeling whatsoever and he sounded just as inhuman as the Virtual Intelligence alerting their arrival before on the Airship. 

"Do we really need four dudes just to walk us to somebody?" Hyuk blurted out as Leo who was right next to Hyuk grabbed his shoulder tightly, shutting the young boy up. 

"Good to meet you members of EXO, I'm N, leader of VIXX, this is Hongbin, Ken, Leo, Ravi, and Hyuk. Thanks a lot for taking time out of your busy schedules to guide us." N spoke with much more charisma. He always had that about him. As naggy and motherly he could be, he always knew when to kick it into leader mode, and honestly, Hongbin found it extremely attractive when N took charge like that. 

Suho merely smiled in response, a creepy smile Hongbin might add since it seemed fake as hell despite his handsome face, and nodded his head in a direction, gesturing them to follow. 

When they finally made it into the interior of SM Academy, Hongbin suddenly felt a chill. Everything was just so... pristine... it was clean and spotless, perfect, huge and ginormous. The school's interior was designed similar to Oceanside, in that the main building was just a tall tower that was organized in a giant ring with various floors of rings that had pathways leading to the other buildings. Unlike Oceanside however, SM had way more floors and the area of the building was much, much larger. They obviously had much more facilities than Oceanside had. It was loud yet contained and the culture shock was honestly making Hongbin slightly anxious and nervous. To be frank, he got bad vibes from SM, he really did.

Before he knew it, he found himself trembling almost but suddenly felt a hand clasp onto his. He looked up and it was Leo's, who looked at him with his blank gaze as Hongbin merely smiled in response. 

As they were walking, the other members of EXO finally warmed up to them, the first one being the one called Chen. He was handsome as well. He had wide eyes and wooshy brown hair that was obviously moused over to the side, looking almost flawless. His most recognizable feature however was the corners of his mouth. They stood up like a cat, accentuating the boy's smiles and making him that much more attractive. "So, I heard that you guys just got assembled together huh? Exciting isn't it?" His voice was very light pitched and endearing, a stark contrast to the coldness Hongbin felt from the academy. 

"Yeah, it's pretty exciting. Hyuk and I are first years actually. We just got into the Academy a couple months ago and next thing we knew, we were part of a fully fledged team." Hongbin responded as Hyuk chuckled. 

"Yeah, we're pretty awesome." Hyuk boasted, causing Hongbin to roll his eyes yet still carry a smirk. 

"Hold onto that brightness." Another light voice entered the conversation. It was the boy known as D.O. To be honest, if Hongbin was just glancing, he looked like he could be related to Ken in some way. They had a somewhat similar face but it was probably the plush lips that stuck out the most. D.O had lips that were shaped like a heart and when placed together was simply attractive. He had this boyish cuteness to him but his voice and the way he carried himself was much different than his endearing appearance. "Believe it or not, Cockiness is a strength, especially when you're a soldier, don't ever doubt yourself." D.O added with a genial smile. 

"It must be nice, being in a unit is extremely exciting." The one known as Tao finally spoke. Tao was interesting, for one, he definitely didn't look Korean and two, his pronunciation was a little awkward, just barely. He must've been one of the Chinese members of the group. He had a very tough looking face, one that looks like has seen a lot of street fights. It honestly kinda reminded Hongbin of Ravi in a sense that he had this tough-guy strong face yet despite that, he held a voice that was actually quite higher pitched and was somewhat flamboyant. The juxtaposition was odd but at the same time made the guy endearing. 

Before Hongbin knew it, they had apparently arrived. "And we're here." Suho's voice beamed as he gestured towards a door. "We'll be taking our leave now since we have other matters to attend to, I wish you all luck in mastering your Elementals and-" Suho was quickly interrupted as suddenly a figure phased in front of him. The figure was tall and his face was absolutely handsome beyond compare Hongbin blinked his eyes for a moment as the tall figure that just teleported in somehow clapped his hands together and bowed apologetically. "What is it now Kai?" Suho asked with an exasperated sigh. 

"Sorry for interrupting hyung, but we seriously need you guys to get back ASAP, Sehun's kind of... well... you know, and let's just say we need..." The guy known as Kai turned around and realized he just teleported in front of them. He blinked and waved innocently and gave off an endearing smile. "Oh, hey guys, sorry about that, didn't mean to blink in." He said as Hongbin blinked astonished. How did he do that? He heard rumors that those in EXO were experimented on and were given abilities that transgressed beyond magic, but those were absurd... at least, that's what Hongbin thought. 

"No , is that you Kim Jongin?" Ravi suddenly uttered as Kai started to blink and laughed out loud. 

"No way it's Kim Wonsik!" He chuckled as the two tall giants came together and high fived. "I didn't know you could make it this far Shikkie, you're actually about to go see Tae-tae right now y'know." 

"Wait, you know Taemin personally Ravi?" N asked suddenly as Ravi coughed. 

"It's a long story." Ravi and Kai said in unison as Hongbin blinked again, staring as Suho tried to control the situation but Kai talked over him instead. 

"Dude, if I known you were gonna be here then I would've just... oh wait, yeah priorites. We'll catch up later Shik-, don't miss me." Kai winked as Ravi rolled his eyes. "Sorry about that boss, let's go shall we?" He grabbed onto the other members and then they teleported away. VIXX just stared at each other for a second and Hyuk broke the silence with a cute little giggle snort. 

"Shik-?" He said as Ravi scoffed. 

"Like you've never had a lame nickname when you were- oh nevermind I don't need to justify myself for you, you little-" Ravi was interrupted by N grabbing both of them by their ears.

"Enough fighting you guys, let's go meet up with SHINee already." N scolded as he gestured everyone to enter the door. 

When they did however, they were met with a huge room that had random lights going all over the place. It looked electronic and technologic. They looked like rehashed backdrops for photoshoots or something but were huge. 

"I've heard about these." Hyuk uttered, "They call these, SM rooms. Rumor has it, almost every training room looks like these but with variations in colors, usually coming in white and black." 

"Doesn't that get boring and lack any sort of variety as opposed to virtual rooms where tons of awesome concepts can be created?" Hongbin asked as N merely snorted. 

"Doesn't matter, it's SM, they'll still get students and other talented students and will go on to succeed well in the fight, no matter how rehashed and reused some of their technology is." N explained in response. 

Strange how such a prestigious academy could have little creativity in design. 

Finally however, they were quickly met with five lights that flashed in, and outcame the illustrous SHINee. They were literally, shiney in their militaristic outfits and caps that looked similar to the General and Marshall's. Hongbin quickly recognized all of the squadmembers. They were very renkowned after all. "Pleasure to meet you gentlemen!" Onew spoke out loud as he crossed his arms together. "So, I hear that you boys are in need of mastering the art of Evoking, luckily for you boys, you came to the right place." He added as the other members smiled down at VIXX. 

"Oh my god I can't beleive this is happening!" N fanboyed quietly to himself as Key waved down at them. 

"Ciao everybody! I'm Key, and I've been assigned to make you guys master your Elementals and also bring out the Elementals of the Codenamed.... Ken and Ravi?" Key spoke in his high pitched voice as Ken and Ravi rose their hands. "Goodeo, I'm gonna take care of you boys don't worry." He said with a charismatic wink in his naturally flamboyant speech as Hongbin chuckled. Key was even prettier in person. Taemin started to chuckle and wave down at Ravi. 

"Heeey! It's Shik-, didn't think you'd ever be able to get on my level!" He shouted as Ravi rolled his eyes. 

"Oh please, just watch me Tae, I'm gonna finally be able to beat your , once I wake up my Elemental of course." Ravi replied as Ken quickly interjected. 

"Speaking of which, how exactly are you going to wake us up exactly? I thought Elementals only appear if you are in a crisis like situation and they need to be awakened..." Ken asked as Hongbin nodded in agreement, he too was also slightly curious by how they planned on awakening Ravi and Ken's elementals. Jonghyun smirked down on them as he shook his head. 

"Let's just say that it won't be pretty." He said, breaking the silence that was about to form when Key leapt down from the pedestal he was sitting on and was now on ground level with the rest of VIXX and finally materialized a whip in his hands. 

"By creating a crisis situation for you boys of course." Key's expression suddenly changed from it's light hearted endearingness to a slightly threatening intimidating one. N blinked as he was taken slightly aback. 

"We've received orders from your Marshall to awake your Elementals, one way or another. A good way is usually to sick Key on you guys and see how you guys fight. It's almost unfair honestly, Six against Key? Odds are against you guys number wise." Minho said finally causing Hongbin to swallow. 

"En Guarde!" Onew shouted as Taemin quickly added a, 

"Don't disappoint me Shik-!" He shouted cutely as Key cracked his whip in mid air and spun it around. 

"Alright VIXX, battle plan, alpha!" N quickly shouted out as everybody armed themselves with their weapons, Hongbin quickly reached for his dagger as Key quickly dove in with almost inhuman speed as he gracefully cracked his whip and whipped in Hongbin's direction. Before the whip could make contact however, Leo quickly jumped in the way and was caught by the blow. 

"Leo!" Hongbin shouted as Leo cried out slightly in pain. 

"Come, on, give me all you got, I thought you boys were SWORD now?" Key taunted as he cracked his whip around him.

"Are you okay?" Leo asked in a concerned tone as Hongbin scoffed and growled towards Key. 

"I'm fine, but he's not about to be..." Hongbin grumbled as he armed himself with his daggers and with a triumphant battle cry, he dove towards Key. 

 

 

A/N: I'm so sorry for leaving it like that you guys, but honestly, I just wanted to get this update out as a Christmas present for you guys <3 Merry christmas everybody, hope you are all having a happy holidays as am I. Hope you enjoyed as always and I hope you don't mind my passive agressiveness towards SM showing. I honestly love them I do, hell most of my bias groups come from SM but it's fun to throw shade casually :P Love you all and stay frosty, until next time!