Because of You

Lay Down Your Swords

Saturday

It was the big day, Homecoming was literally the night of and Hongbin promised that he'd make some sort of choice regarding who he was going to the dance with that night. He even made a game out of it somewhat. Feeling that it was the only fair way he could possibly choose someone, thinking that it would offer him more scope and perspective, which it did. It also however, made Hongbin's choice all the harder, something he didn't expect that would happen. He discovered a side of Ravi that he never even knew existed and discovered all of the troubles the guy was going through and he hid it all with his no nonsense, energetic, cocky attitude and honestly, it was sad; but at the same time it was admirable.

Then there was N who was Hongbin's idol essentially similar but with less instensity when compared with Park Hyoshin, and being near N itself was also a surreal experience. He was just so cool and everything Hongbin could imagine or hope for. Of course, there was also Leo who... well loved children, and was simply admirable in every way possible after discovering his softer side. 

Hongbin couldn't help but to feel that he was stepping onto toes whenever he was around either of them due to their past relationship and there was just something about them that screamed, stay away. They dated, and Hongbin might've been paranoid but he felt that there was still something there between them; he didn't want to intrude on anything. It must've been even more awkward since they have to sleep next to each other. 

And finally Hyuk. The baby of their group essentially. Hongbin didn't even know where to start with this boy. It wasn't that he was a mess; if anybody was a mess it'd be Hongbin. But it was just that, it's just so difficult to deal with something so fragile. Hongbin liked Hyuk a lot, perhaps even more than he thought he did but he wasn't sure if he wanted to be with someone who couldn't deal with Hongbin's own baggage. There was also the fact that he only knew him for a month, but even so, Hongbin felt a stronger connection there. 

There was just so much to think about and Hongbin simply sighed into the holo-phone as he video chatted with his mother. Still tucked underneath the covers of his bed in a vey non-glamorous fashion. 

"Oh, look at me, I have men fawning over me, why does my life stink!?" His mother's shrill voice sang through the holo-phone as Hongbin smiled but uttered a whiney cry as he flailed around on his bed. 

"It's not funny mom, it's a real issue. I mean, if I want to be honest, I'm starting to like each and every one of them a lot now. It's just, I'm not sure if I want to move to something really fast I mean, I've never been in a relationship and I don't want to hurt anybody and I just-" His mother immediately interrupted him. 

"Hongbinnie~ They're asking you to one dance, not for your hand in marriage. Just do what's best. Sometimes it's better to not think about something and just following what your gut says. And worst comes to worst, just let things happen the way it is and fate will take it's course." His mother smiled through the holographic display. 

Hongbin smiled back at her sadly and sighing angrily, knowing that she was right. "I hate it when you're right." He smiled as he started to frown.

"I miss you so much mom." Hongbin said suddenly as he tried his best not to tear up as his mother simply pouted endearingly and clicked her tongue. 

"Binnie, I miss you too sweetheart, don't say things like that out of the blue or else I'll be crying all over the phone and then how am I gonna talk to you?" She laughed, clearly trying to stifle whatever sobs might awaken as Hongbin smiled, showing his teeth and his dimples as his eyes got watery just barely. 

"There's my handsome boy." She smiled as Hongbin smiled even bigger, he could almost feel the warmth of her hug enveloping around him being simulated by the duvet that was covering him. "Now go clean yourself up and make a decision, you have a homecoming to go to and I better see pics on social media or else I will go on a craze!" 

Hongbin smiled again as his mother returned to her usual self. "Bye mom, I'll call you later okay before bed." He said finally as just before the call cut off he heard his mom shouting a 

"You better!" He smiled as he chuckled to himself, sniffling just barely as he in whatever tears that might've emitted. He crawled out of the bed and noticed that Hyuk still hasn't returned after what happened the night before. Hongbin took a moment as he touched his lips, remembering the feel of Hyuk's against his, and remembering the sensation of Hyuk slipping his tongue into his own mouth just barely. The kiss was so real, so electrifying and unlike anything he's ever had, before. It was literally the best kiss he's ever had, and Hongbin didn't know why. 

"This is a problem." Hongbin said to himself as he sighed once more and looked at the closet slide door which was also a mirror, looking at himself for just a moment. "I need to figure this out" He said out loud to himself as he fixed his hair, and smiled into the mirror. It was his usual posed smile that he practiced in the mirror so that he didn't look like a total goof if he was smiling in a picture. He sighed again as he opened the door from his room and into the common room of the suite, only to come across every single one of his roommates in similar posistions as they were when Hongbin decided on the 'dating' game. 

There was slight silence until Ken completely chimed in and asked what everyone's been wanting to ask. "So Kong, who ya going with to the ball." Ken said bluntly as he smiled innocently; Hongbin giving him a narrow stare that made him look almost as intimidating as Leo but retained his endearingness so that nobody could take such a look seriously, especially one coming from Hongbin.

"I've decided..." Hongbin started off as he swore he heard the room shift a bit as everyone neared a little closer. "I decided that I'm not going to the ball with either of you." They all stared flatly at him as Ravi was the first to say something in protest. 

"Yeowch, did Sunshine wake up on the wrongside of the bed this morning?" He said as Ken snorted. 

"Or in your case Ravi it'd be a street curb." Ravi leered at Ken as Hongbin shook his hands and his head. 

"Let me finish guys... The thing is." He said as he slightly trembled, he didn't know whether it was becuase he was nervous or sick, though a mix of both would also be probable. "I don't want to go with either of you, but I'd rather go with all of you, as in, we should all go, together." Hongbin said as everyone furrowed their brows sans Leo who looked unamused... as per usual. 

Ken scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Wow Kong, talk about a cop-out, we all know I was the primary choice anyhow." He said with a smile as he winked at Hongbin, a sign that he knew that Ken was joking. 

"You guys are all remarkable in your own ways and I honestly like all of you very much. But, I don't think if I choose to go with one of you would be a good idea. Becuase then four other of you would've gone and have to see us anyway and it'd just be an awkward mess and..." Hongbin sighed as he didn't know how to exactly word his words, still trembling as Leo stood over and placed a hand on Hongbin's shoulder, causing him to stop shaking as he looked down at Hongbin with almost understanding eyes as he nodded. Hongbin smiled as a vague smile tugged on the end of Leo's mouth as N chimed in. 

"So what you're saying is, it's really unfair of us to put you on the spot like that and make you choose out of your newly found friends and squadmembers, and it'd be better for us to all go as a group and build a tighter bond as a team?" N said as Hongbin's eyes widened looking over at N as he literally took the words out of Hongbin's mouth and said what was on his mind exactly. 

"Y.. yeah... I genuinely care for you all, just, let's just have fun tonight alright?" Hongbin smiled as Ravi shrugged and Ken nodded, Hyuk still a little farther off in the distance. You know someone was bothered when they were even quieter than Leo. 

"You always know what to say don't you." Leo said suddenly in a low volume so that only Hongbin could barely hear it, as he turned around and walked back into his room. Hongbin was confused but it was apparent that he was talking about N. 

"Welp, we better hurry fast becuase the dance is gonna start in three hours and I have to be there in one hour to help set up. I'm gonna go glam myself out, I'll see y'all at the dance!~" Ken sang out as he ran over to his room and shut the door, only to open it once more as he peeked his head out, saying one last thing before shutting the door tight. "By the way, dibs on Hongbin's first dance. Kay-baaaaiii~" He sang, slamming the door shut as Ravi merely glared at Ken.

"What the hell, that's not fair!" He shouted as N cut in. 

"Dibs on second dance then." N smirked as Ravi shouted at N and flailed his arms. 

"What the hell N!?" Ravi shouted as the door to Leo and N's room opened slightly ajar as through the crack, a very high pitched and slightly audible voice could be heard. 

"Third dance is mine." Leo said before shutting the door back close as Ravi was debating on flipping a table. 

"Well fine fourth dance is mine then hah! on that Hyukkie." Ravi shouted victoriously as Hongbin swore, he was on the verge of breathing fire if he could. Ravi then proceeded to yawn without a care emitting this animal like sound as he scratched his belly. "Well, I'm going to go back to sleep so I'll see you guys later." Ravi winked as he walked past Hongbin and into his room, once again leaving Hongbin and Hyuk alone in the common room.

Awkward, as always.

Hongbin wanted to say something but  he didn't know what exactly was it that he needed to say. Hyuk just sat there looking off somewhere trying to avoid Hongbin's gaze although he'd take small yet noticable glances occasionally. 

Somehow however, Hongbin worked up the gall to finally pierce through the silence. 

"Hyuk about last night, I..." 

"It's, I'm sorry alright, I let my feelings get ahold of me and I wasn't thinking and-" 

"No it just... surprised me is all I... didn't say I didn't like it..." Hongbin bit his lip as he blushed slightly, he couldn't believe he actually said that last part aloud. 

Hyuk's eyes widened suddenly as Hongbin clenched his hands into a fist. Hyuk's eyes were very pretty. They were big when widened like a child but were narrow and endearing like a cat when they werne't.

"You.. really?" Was all Hyuk could really say as a timid smile started to form on the younger boy's features.

Hongbin started to chuckle nervously, scratching at his chin as he looked off to the side, trying not to get too flustered. "Yeah I mean... it was shocking is all, I wasn't expecting it but... I think that we both need a moment to just think I mean... we just met and there's a lot going on and-"

"I'm also competing over you with four other guys." Hyuk finished the sentence as Hongbin stood there with his mouth slightly gaping open.

"That wasn't what I was going to say but-"  

"Well then..." Hyuk said as he crossed his arms, taking a deep breath as a cheery smile formed on his endearing features that were characteristic of him shined. "I have some work to do. I won't fall behind just because I'm the youngest, besides, I'm pretty sure I have the hugest advantage considering I sleep next to you everyday." Hyuk said with confident smile as Hongbin clicked his tongue and flicked Hyuk's nose. 

"Keep telling yourself that hotshot." Hongbin smirked. "And don't say creepy things like that, you're starting to sound like Ravi." Speaking of which, they could both hear the guy snoring from his room. They take  a moment to laugh to themselves. 

"I'll see you tonight." Hyuk finally said with a smile as he grabbed some things and it looked kind of suspicious. Hongbin blinked and stared at him for a moment. 

"Where are you going?" Hongbin asked curiously as Hyuk smirked in response. 

"Making some preparations." Hyuk said with a somewhat mischievous smirk as Hongbin stared in response while Hyuk let himself out. 

Hongbin sighed in relief, shaking almost as he found himself collapsing onto the sofa and exhaling in relief once more. He was glad that nobody ended up getting hurt and that everyone was so understanding. Still though, it didn't help all of these feelings that were growing inside of him and soon he was going to have to come to terms with things on a personal level... but for now it was much more easier for his heart to just be carefree and procrastinate on such mental decisions. Now all Hongbin needed to worry about was what to wear for tonight. 

That Night

Hongbin arrived in the multipurpose room; it was a room on the second floor that was used for extremely large lectures, conferences and of course, as a ballroom which is what it was at this very moment. It was very beautiful how they turned a room that was simply a huge room into an elegant ball room that held a classical elegance yet containing the technologic modern flair of the current time with pillars stylized similar to olden ballrooms but lights that casted various glows yet pertaining a formal atmosphere as opposed to a club like concert atmosphere found in most contemporary dances in this day and age. The ceiling was also opened up to see the starry sky as lights helped light up the night sky. 

Hongbin was dressed in a classic suit and tie that was deep navy in color with a crimson boutinerre attached to his slimming jacket. He tightened the silver and navy patterned tie as he noticed that everyone around him looked exquisitely amazing. People were already dancing to the classical music being played a very ballroom like style.

Higher ranking SWORD officials instead of dressing formal were instead wearing their intensely embroidered governmental official wear which looked nicer than any suit that Hongbin could obtain with all of the designated medals and pins and what not especially with that equally as embroidered hat. 

Zico spotted Hongbin and smiled at him as he walked over to him. The slightly taller and slightly older instructor saluted Hongbin to which Hongbin did the same as Zico merely chuckled and shoved at Hongbin's shoulder and smirked. "Looking good Hongbin. B-Bomb would be proud to see his wittle baby bro all grown up and a SWORD member." Hongbin smirked, revelaing his dimple as Zico referred to Hongbin's older brother by his 'codename' and current stage name as a professional dancer. 

"I still haven't told him yet, he's usually too busy to talk." Hongbin said as he smiled sadly as Zico rolled his eyes and smirked. 

"That's right, he's off being super pop-star now." Zico scoffed. "You know that was always my dream not his." He chuckled as he looked around as headmaster Marshall Hyoshin waved towards him. "Welp, looks like I have to head off. Try not to get kidnapped, you're too precious to be left all in your lonesome." Zico clicked his tongue as he waltzed off in the direction of the highly decorated Marshall. 

Hongbin snorted and scoffed as he grabbed a drink from a server passing by and sipped on it. Apple cider. How classy. 

As Hongbin continued to sip on his newly found drink he saw a blur gunning towards him, a white one, and immediatley, he recognized it to be Ken who was in front of him in a matter of seconds. "Beanbeanie!" He whined out loud as Hongbin took a quick glance at Ken's attire and noticed the white trimmed black suit he was wearing, it was very nice and was left ed so that Ken's white shirt was more visible and his black tie was hanging loose. "I saw Zico talking to you, you did not give your first dance to him did you did you? Please tell me you didn't." Ken whined as he wiggled around Hongbin causing him to giggle snort. 

"No, I didn't you dweeb so calm yourself." Ken sighed in relief almost immediately as he grabbed onto Hongbin's hand and clenched it tightly.

"Well then Beanie, put that drink down so we can go dance dance dance!" Hongbin nodded as he finished the rest of his cider and placed it onto a table nearby as Ken smiled and pulled Hongbin onto the dance floor, causing him to chuckle as they awkward adjusted to a dancing position that fitted them best, since they were the same height almost Ken decided to take the lead and placed his hand underneath Hongbin's arm on his side and grabbed onto Hongbin's hand with the other as Hongbin blushed and placed his other arm on Ken's shoulder. 

"Like what I did with the place?" Ken uttered proudly as Hongbin took a moment and looked around and nodded acting cooly and stoic as to annoy Ken. 

"I mean I guess. I find it hard to believe you did this all yourself." Hongbin said sarcastically as Ken scoffed but quickly smiled, leading Hongbin into the dance. 

"I'll have you know, I came up with the design and lay out, and then of course had my working bees... i mean committee take care of all of the actual work. But I helped put up some of the banners and stuff!" Ken smiled again with a look that seemingly invited any praise that Hongbin might give to him. 

Hongbin chuckled and nodded. "Yeah it looks great, I'm not surprised. You always have an eye for things looking good." Hongbin chuckled as Ken smirked and brought his mouth close to Hongbin's ear and whispered into it deeply, which started off as sounding seductive but quickly turned into a Kenesque joke, causing Hongbin to go from blushing slightly to chuckling embarrassingly. 

"You think this is great, just wait and see what the wedding will look like." 

"Who's wedding?" Hongbin feigned ignorance as Ken backed up and faced Hongbin again and pouted. 

"Ours, dumdum." Ken chuckled as Hongbin chuckled with him before the song ended and almost on queue, they found themselves stopping in front of N who was dressed in a much more flamboyant suit that was checkered and blue while his collared shirt was a rosy white and his tie was straight up pink with a matching pink hankie stuffed into his pocket protector. 

"I think it's my turn now Ken." N said civilly as he smiled at Ken who was pouting in response. 

"Fine, just because I totally love your outfit, it makes you look super cute." Ken winked, and Hongbin swore, that when Ken winked, a light dinging sound effect chimed in his thoughts, or maybe he was just going insane. Ken meanwhile let go of Hongbin and leaned in to kiss him on the cheek, breaking him out of his thoughts. "I'll catch you later beanie. Don't have too much fun without me." Ken winked once more as Hongbin heard that chime again. He was literally a wink fairy. 

N cleared his throat as Hongbin smiled at him. "I honestly love your outfit." Hongbin started off. "It's very..."

"Non-corporate?" N smiled as he finished Hongbin's sentence. 

"Yeah." Hongbin smiled as he admired N's suit once more, the pink and patterned blue truly matched in a very bubbly sort of fashion. N quickly took Ken's place as they danced to the next piece of music. N's movements were very fluid and professional almost, much more experienced than Ken that was for sure. 

"So how are you liking the formal so far." N asked casually as Hongbin smiled. 

"Well I kinda just got here but everyone's looking nice. I'm sure guys are happy to see a pretty girl after being deprived for so long." Hongbin chuckled as N laughed with him. 

"A shame they don't realize that some people can be even prettier than they can even imagine." N said nonchalantly as Hongbin took a moment to stare at N as they continued to dance. Did he just made a flirtatious comment towards him? Hongbin didn't want to question it and simply went with the dance as N quickly progressed the conversation of his volition. "So Leo told me that you went swimming with him and the kids." 

Hongbin wanted to open his mouth as though he needed to create some sort of excuse or something but he responded with a simply "Yeah." N chuckled as Hongbin grew a little flustered. 

"He loves kids, strange considering his inclination to action and ruthlessness, but he's got a soft spot to him, it's probably one of his most attractive features." N noted as Hongbin felt a little uneasy. 

"N... I.. I don't mean to be intruding on anything between you guys, I mean..." 

N chuckled and merely smiled at Hongbin. "I told you already, we're no longer together, and it's for the better. We work better as being just close friends, though it is sometimes awkward since we're still roommates." N shrugged. "But right at this very moment I'm a little more interested in someone who's been in my thoughts for quite some time now."

And almost quickly, N went from being light hearted and carefree sounding to a serious and meaningful tone of voice that caused Hongbin's heart to race suddenly as the song ended, causing N to pout. "Well then, I'm afraid we'll have to part for now." N sighed as he let go of Hongbin and grabbed Hongbin's right hand with both of his own, "I'll see you later. Tell Leo that I say hi." N chuckled as he brought his hand up and kissed it suavely before letting go and walking off.

Hongbin smiled as he felt his heart beating a little faster as he turned to probably take a break for just a second but instead found himself bumping into Leo who was dressed delicately in a black trimmed dark grey suit that was very slim and fitting on Leo revealing his more muscular features. His hair was also a different style, usually spiked up but it is now in a fringe that's covering his left eye. In total, he looked really nice. 

"Sorry." Leo said suddenly as Hongbin cleared his throat. 

"No you're fine, really fine, I mean fine as in that it wasn't your fault not fine as in that you look really good. Which you do, but that wasn't what I was trying to say because I'm just really-" 

"Let's dance." Leo said suddenly to interrupt Hongbin stuttering over himself and blabbering like a bafoon, causing Hongbin to laugh nervously. 

Leo grabbed Hongbin's hand and assumed a position. Since Leo was quite a bit taller than him it felt more natural and fluid and Hongbin couldn't help but to feel this eerie chill that struck a chord in Hongbin that caused him to be both nervous and attracted at the same time. The next piece started to play and the two started to dance to it. 

Leo was very good at dancing, almost as good as N in terms of movements. He couldn't help but to feel a little awkward as there was silence between them until suddenly Leo said something. 

"You're beautiful." He said quietly. Hongbin quickly got a flash in his head, calling back to the time when he had that wet dream (for a lack of a better word) of Leo in the library when he said the exact same thing in almost the same way, causing Hongbin to fluster. He usually hated to be complimented since he heard it so often when he was growing up that compliments held no real value to him since people made it seem like his looks were his only real asset. But strangely Leo said it in a way that caused Hongbin to fluster up like never before. 

"Th... thanks... you look very... handsome." Hongbin didn't want to sound like he was hesitating but he was actually hesitating to find a better word other than 'nice'. Leo smiled gently causing Hongbin to smile big. "I really liked doing that swimming thing with you, it was fun, and the kids were cute." Leo chuckled, he actually chuckled. Hongbin felt pretty proud of himself to be able to elicit such a reaction. It was nice to see Leo lighting up and very surreal to be honest. 

"I'm sure they'd love to have you back." Leo said as Hongbin smiled as well. It was very refreshing to see Leo seem so happy for once, and he couldn't help but to feel a sense of pride in himself to be able to highlight this side of Leo. 

As they were dancing, Hongbin could hear Leo humming to the tune of the music. It was melodic and very nice on Hongbin's ears. He wondered if the guy could sing like Ken as well, if he did, Hongbin would be in trouble. He had a thing for guys that could sing. "You can sing?" Hongbin asked impulsively since it was in his thoughts.

Leo quickly stopped and looked down at Hongbin with a somewhat flustered expression. "Y.. yeah..." Leo said quietly causing Hongbin to smile a the song ended just as quickly as it began and Leo sighed when everyone stopped, Hongbin couldn't help but to feel a little tired after dancing throughout the night with a couple of other guys already and he still had more to contend with. 

"Thank you for dancing with me." Leo said as Hongbin smiled. 

"Of course! It's nice to hear you talk more. By the way, you should sing for me sometime, I really like your voice." Hongbin blurted out without noticing what he was actually saying, causing both him and Leo to blush. 

"Goodbye." Leo said quietly as he backed up a bit and walked away leaving Hongbin on the floor as he suddenly felt a strong firm hand on his shoulder quickly recognizing it as Ravi's. He just couldn't catch a break couldn't he? 

"Ravi do you mind if we don't dance for a bit, I'm a little tired." Hongbin admitted as Ravi chuckled, hugging him from behind. "

"Hah, it's okay, I'm not too good at ballroom dancing anyway, I was actually going to invite you over to the dessert table, they have some bomb treats." 

Hongbin chuckled as he turned around to face Ravi and chuckled, of course food would be on his mind when suddenly, Hongbin blinked as he couldn't believe the sight before him. 

"Ravi... your hair..." Hongbin's warm brown eyes blinked as he noticed that Ravi's hair wasn't the usual wooshy blue that was gelled up in a wavy form but was now cut down in a militaryesqued buzz cut and was now black in color. Hongbin instinctively reached up to touch through it, the prickly hair tickling the nerves on his palm. 

"Hahah, you like?" Ravi asked as he blushed a little. "I thought I should go for a cleaner look to look more mature and to look less of a punk. Shion did it for me before coming here actually." Hongbin smiled as he grabbed Ravi's cheek and pinched it. 

"You didn't have to cut your hair just becuase of me." Hongbin chortled as Ravi scoffed. 

"Pft, who said it was for you?" He teased as a smile formed on his face. 

"I still liked the blue hair, it gave you character, but this, I like this too." Hongbin said as Ravi's cheeks seemed to heat up sensationally as he cleared his throat. 

"Well then let's hit the snack bar!" He said trying to change the subject. 

As they walked over there Hongbin admired Ravi's suit, it was black with maroon t and he wore a black shirt underneath, along with a matching maroon tie stuffed into his jacket. When they arrived at the dessert bar, Hongbin and Ravi ogled over all of the sweets and gathered as much as they could hold before finding themselves on a nearby table. Ravi and Hongbin laughed at each other, telling stories and the like before somehow they got back on the subject of hair. 

"You know, I used to have really long hair, it was poofy and unkempt sometimes but it was groomed otherwise. You can ask Ken for pictures, he probably has them all stored in some virtualbum." Hongbin chuckled as Ravi blinked pouting suddenly. 

"So you and Ken are really close huh?" He asked suddenly as Hongbin blinked. 

"Well... yeah, we grew up in the same district and we've been with each other up until he went off to Oceanside, so yeah, pretty close." Hongbin smiled as Ravi smiled as well. 

"I'm jealous." Ravi said as he leaned into the table. "I kinda wish I knew you back when you were a cute little booger and watch you grow up to the vision before me now." Ravi said in a deep voice as Hongbin stared blankly. A moment of silence passed between them and all they could hear was the ballroom music before the two of them started to laugh hysterically. 

"OH my god that was terrible. You seriously need to work on your flirtations Ravi." Ravi chuckled as he bit into a cake. "To be honest, I think you're the most attractive when you're being yourself." Hongbin said out loud, causing Ravi to raise his brows. "Don't... get cocky just becuase I said that." Hongbin said chuckling nervously as he narrowed his eyes at Ravi. 

Suddenly Hongbin felt tapping on his shoulder and Hongbin turned around as there stood Hyuk who also looked much different than before. 

"What the hell Hyuk, I thought I was the only one who did something to my hair." Ravi pouted as Hyuk chuckled cutely. 

Hyuk's hair was still spiked up but instead of it's bright sunny blonde, it was now pitch black with faint but noticeable purple tints on his tips. It was extremely handsome to say the least. "I thought it'd make me look more... manlier..." Hyuk said shyly as he bit his lip, causing Hongbin to smile. He was dressed very cutely despite his statement, dressed in only a white collared shirt underneath a black vest and dresspants topped off with an absolutely adorable bowtie. 

"You look very handsome Hyuk." Hongbin uttered casuing Hyuk's cheeks to flush red as Ravi sighed heavily. 

"Just take him away already and get a room or something." Ravi teased as a smirk formed on his face. 

Hyuk held out his hand as Hongbin took it and smiled as he stood up. Hyuk lead Hongbin away from Ravi, whom Hongbin waved to as Ravi simply held up a hand in passing. 

When the two finally arrived on the dance floor, they started to dance to the next song as Hongbin chuckled. "Was this a part of that 'preparation' that you were planning?" Hongbin chuckled as Hyuk merely smiled in response. 

Almost immediately as they began dancing however, a loud buzzing noise was heard as suddenly an orb of absolute energy appeared in the center of the ballroom and dispersed into a portal of sorts. A man wearing a military suit clad in darkness that was wearing an insignia, that of North Korea walked out of said portal. Commotion broke out as the man spoke in a voice that seemed to be aided by some device as his booming voice could be heard thorughout the room. 

"You fools, dancing merrily in the middle of a war, now all of you are unarmed and absolutely helpless, we will kill you all!" He shouted as he pulled out a device and flicked a switch as a translucent blue light in the shape of an orb expanded around the entire ballroom and suddenly, Hongbin started to feel powerless. Everyone around them started to feel heavy and drop to their knees including Hongbin and Hyuk. 

"Casters, take out the soldier!" He could hear a voice but when Hongbin tried to call upon his magical ether nothing would come up, he felt completely sapped of energy. 

"What the hell!?" Hongbin shouted as Hyuk tried to hold Hongbin up. The man laughed maniacally as he pulled out an orb of sorts.

"Idiot SWORD, you're so helpless without your magic, you can't even fight when I've placed an anti-magic field upon this room... now die!" He shouted as he smashed the orb into the ground as suddenly, another similar portal appeared, a much larger one however, and this time, a truly monstrous savage walked out on all fours. It was huge, purple tinted skin with a feral face as horns protruded from it's head as flaming yellow mane trailed down from it's scalp. The North Korean soldier climbed up the Behemeth and sat upon it's back. 

"That's a behemoth!" Hongbin heard someone say as suddenly everyone started to panic and run around with what little strength they contained. 

"Hongbin we need to move!" Hyuk cried out as Hongbin tried his best to get to his feet but he couldn't. His body felt so heavy and he could feel his energy being drained from him by just being in this field. 

Hyuk summoned some almost inhuman strength and lifted Hongbin up right off the ground as they started running away from the center of the room. Hongbin could see the behemoth clawing around and slamming it's giant hand around, sweeping into bystanders around as screams filled the ballroom. The giant savage started to slowly crawl in their direction, gaining a lot of ground due to it's size as Hongbin grabbed onto Hyuk tightly.

"Hyuk it's coming!" Hongbin shouted as the monster was gunning for them as the monster leaped right over them and landed right in front of the both of them, watching as the creature landed near other people as well, sending off of physical shockwave that sent everyone backwards, including Hongbin and Hyuk, sending them both tumbling to the ground. 

Hongbin groaned as he grabbed onto his gut, looking off to the side as Hyuk was crawling towards him as he grabbed onto Hongbin's arm. "Hyung... I got you..." Hyuk said as the creature turned to look at them, snarling hungrily as Hongbin shook his head. 

"Hyuk... run, just run, save yourself, you still have a cha-" 

"Never." Hyuk growled as he placed his hands beneath him and helped himself up to his knees. "I will protect you always." He said weakly as he got up to his feet, staggering back and forth. Hongbin clenched his teeth as he tried to summon up strength as well. The creature roared loudly as Hongbin wanted to cover his ears. Hyuk however stood proudly in front of Hongbin. 

"Hyuk you need to run, you can't do anything with that field up!" Hongbin begged for Hyuk to run as Hyuk shook his head. 

"Because of you... I have strength..." Hyuk groaned as suddenly his body started to glow a light blue and ice started to freeze beneath Hyuk's feet. Hongbin could feel that similar energy as the North Korean soldier riding atop of the Behemoth shouted down.

"How!? You should not be able to use magic!" The man shouted as Hyuk shouted in response. 

"I will protect Hongbin!" He shouted as ice froze the ground beneath him completely as a magical circle appeared up in the sky. "Glacies Elementarium!" Hyuk cried out as the circle broke into a portal as a deep blue almost skeletel dragon flew out with ice encrested tips and wings as talons arched out and a high pitched screech filled the air. It flew down and landed on the other side of the ballroom as suddenly, it started to snow into the ballroom from the open sky. Everyone shouted in awe and Hongbin's mouth was wide open at the beautiful sight. 

The beast roared as Hyuk smiled and it seemed like strength fully returned to Hyuk at least. He picked up Hongbin again, this time without struggle as the dragon neared up behind Hyuk and snarled down on the behemoth. 

"Glacies..." He said suddenly as the dragon roared in response, as though it was awaiting order. 

"Crush him."

 

 

A/N: Heeeey guys did you miss me!? :D Sorry I've been gone for awhile, College has been super fun and busy all at once but I got some free time this weekend and decided to update! Sorry this chapter is such a mess and I didn't want to leave it off in a cliffhanger but this chapter is already super long and I'd rather it not be even longer than it has to be since it's such a mess xD Seriously, thank you guys so much for still sticking around and reading this terrible geeky story of mine. Also can we just talk about how the latest VIXX comeback was absolutely awesometastic!? Like seriously, I love our boys, and I literally already can't wait to see what they do next since they don't disappoint. Until next time! Hopefully I'll be able to update sooner and sooner!