I Need Therapy

Lay Down Your Swords

Darkness, that's all Hongbin could see. He heard dissonant voices that all sounded faded but echoed all at once. He could feel warmth gathering throughout his entire body and the sound of arguing. The voices grew louder and louder and before Hongbin knew it, light slipped through the cracks of his eye-lids and he slowly opened them. Vision returning to his oculars as he felt that he was laying back down on something soft and comfortable, looking up at the ceiling of something.

"He's fine, Ken has him stabilized so stop panicking." He heard N's voice but he didn't see N's face since he was looking up. Hongbin cocked his head side to side as he looked around his surroundings. It looked like the interior of submarine, only a lot bigger and judging from the sunlight coming from the windows, they were definitely not underwater. 

"I'm just worried, I mean, he's not even a full SWORD agent, but he was able to do that." Ravi growled angrily as he was punching a fist into his palm in an attempt to stifle his angered worries as N quickly responded. 

"What matters is that he saved us back there."

Soon it all came rushing back to him. He remembered everyone becoming incapacitated and grievely injured. He remembered feeling hot and literally on fire before suddenly came up beside him was a beast of dramatic proportions that was simply awesome. 

Hongbin's eyes glazed around to his right as he saw Hyuk resting his head on the side of his bed, sleeping like a little angel. He looked out in front of him to see N and Ravi sititng across from each other on comfy chairs as Leo was standing a little further down, leaning his back on some hallway. His eyes started roll over to his left side, meeting with Ken who was smiling down at him. "Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey Kongbean." Hongbin smiled as he quickly felt all good and warm again.

"What you did back there was pretty incredible Kong, I didn't think you'd be able to do something like that, at least not yet." Ken said with a brigth smile, though Hongbin was still confused as to what it was that he did. "You used up all of your ether, so I'm transferring some of mine to you so you don't feel sick." 

Ether, as explained before was the font of magical abilities, if a person were to use up their ether too much they could be completely sapped from it. Lack of Ether in a user can be fatal if they were sequestered from ether for a prolonged time. "Thanks Ken." Hongbin finally said as that slight whisper got everyone's attention sans Hyuk who was still sleeping soundly next to Hongbin. "What... what happened?" Hongbin asked, a little confused as to where he currently was. 

"Well, after you pulled your little stunt, Airships came flying in to support us. Ken kept us all stable until actual support came and lifted us into their ship." N explained, taking a breath before continuing. "The medic's quickly healed us up but then quickly rushed off the Lieutenant Colonel to a separate room for intense care. His injuries were more grave."

Hongbin bit his lip. He hoped Zico was okay. The Savage was brutal to say the least and the injuries that Zico sustained were terrible from even Hongbin's point of view at the time. 

"But what did I do back there? I summoned a.. a monster... it looked like a savage or something and-" Hongbin blurted out as he heard Leo scoff, ushering newfound silence into the resting room. 

"It was an elemental." Leo said, breaking the silence as he leaned off of the wall and stood upright, coming closer and joining the rest of them, cooly crossing his arms, not saying anything else. 

"That's right. Hongbin is an evoker. Very impressive." N responded.

"An Evo-what?" Hongbin asked as he tilted his head in confusion. 

"An evoker, It's a person who can summon an elemental to their side. They say that every user who has enough ether in their bodies can call out an elemental to assist in battle, but I haven't met anyone who could do it." N took a pause before his eyes slid over to Leo. "Anyone besides Leo and me anyway." 

Silence filled the room. "So that's what you meant then, back at the Crucible, a couple weeks back when-" Hongbin allowed his sentence to drift off as Leo nodded in confirmation. 

"Whoa wait, you guys can do that too?" Hongbin asked as N nodded. "Then why didn't you guys summon it up when we were going against that Savage, why couldn't you-" Hongbin deduced as Leo quickly cut in. 

"Becuase, evoking isn't advised due to the toll it takes on the user." Leo shot back. 

"Besides, I guess we were too busy trying to help out that we didn't just think to resort to evoking our elements. It takes a lot of concentration and ether after all. But you Hongbin, did it pretty effortlessly." N noted. 

Silence filled the room once more as Ken broke the silence with his childishly endearing voice. "I haven't been able to call upon my elemental just yet, I haven't been in a situation where I needed to." Ken chimed in before continuing, leering at Ravi with a grin. "I bet Ravi can't evoke because he's a bonehead that probably wouldn't understand the communication from his elemental."

Ravi rolled his eyes and shrugged. "I take offense to that. 'Sides, I don't need to rely on something to do the fighting for me!" He shouted defensively, causing Hyuk to rustle a bit next to Hongbin. He rose his head as his eyes started to open weakly before a smile formed on his handsome features. 

"You're awake hyung." Hyuk said with his dorky sounding voice with a smile as Hongbin chuckled back, ruffling Hyuk's hair. 

"Yeah." 

Ken decided that they should leave Hongbin to rest alone and that they would convene with him again once he felt a little less weak and more healthy due to the dramatic loss in ether. Everyone left except for Leo and N however. "When did you know how to use it?" Hongbin asked, wondering if the question even made sense. 

"It came to me, when I needed to survive. That was before I came to the academy." Leo said as a very small smile started to tug at the end of his mouth. 

"What's so funny?" Hongbin asked sarcastically pointing towards Leo's faint smile. 

"Anybody has the potential to evoke, but only a several chosen actually obtain the ability to evoke." Leo answered.

"I'm getting major flashbacks to my first mission as a trainee." N said with a chuckle. "That's when I was awoken also. I summoned my elemental that kicked ." N reminisced as Hongbin blinked. "But of course, we couldn't put that in any of the public reports, that'd be too accessible for enemy forces. Still, I see a lot of myself in you Hongbin." N said with a smile. "If you ever need help controlling your elemental on the down-low, hit me and/or Leo up, we'll hit the crucible if you'd like. It's good to be able to control your elemental, and not let it control you." N said as he stood up, looking to Leo for a moment before he left the room as well.

"What did he mean?" Hongbin asked. But Leo didn't answer him. He merely left like the rest. 

Hongbin sighed as he slammed his head back on the puffy pillow that was very plush and soft, burying the back of his head into it as he drifted off to sleep. 

----

When they arrived back at Oceanside they were all ordered to immediately report to the Headmaster's wing, aka the Marshall's office. Everyone managed to recover from their wounds on the flight back, everyone except for Zico of course, who was put on a stretcher and rushed over to the infirmary. Before he was though, he forced the nurses to stop by next to Hongbin. Hongbin frowned at his patched up and bandaged face as he cracked a weak smile at the student, giving Hongbin a thumbs up before the nurses proceeded to carry him off. 

The six of them reached the elevator and clicked the floor that would take them up to the faculty offices, but N swiped a card into the machine causing another button option to appear, and that was the headmaster's office. The elevator immediately shot up smoothly and passed every single floor. Hongbin thought they were going to reach the very top of the school at this rate, and he wasn't completely wrong. The elevator finally stopped and the doors slid open. Everyone walked out of the elevator upright as a laser shot from a scanner and scanned their bodies before the door beneath the scanner opened up as well. 

"Come in gentlemen." The deep yet soothing voice that Hongbin recognized as Marshall Park Hyo-shin sang in the air almost as it drew everyone, saluting immediately upon laying eyes on the man that was sitting behind in his desk. 

"Despite the casualties, I'd say that was a mission success, you all performed very admirably and followed direct command. I can assure you that the Lieutenant Colonel will be making a full recovery and that there is nothing to worry about with regards to him." Everyone nodded before the Marshall continued. "At ease gentlemen. I will be going into a long sort of, speech of sorts so you'll want to get a little comfortable." He said as everyone looked at him slightly confused. 

"Permission to speak freely sir?" N chimed out as the Marshall nodded towards him. "What does this speech entail?" 

"Well, you should be familiar with this speech Sergeant, it's the same speech I give to all newly instated SWORD agents." And with that, silent filled the room. Did he mean that, he and Hyuk were agents now? Actual SWORD agents? After just one mission? He didn't want to say anything, he didn't want to freak out and ruin whatever dream this might be. Hyuk however was less subtle about his excitement, he reached his hand out and grabbed onto Hongbin's arm tightly, causing him to smile at the younger boy. 

"In any case. Being a member of SWORD, does not exempt you from being a student. You are a officially a student until you graduate from your fourth year and then you will take on military ranks and be a full time soldier. Now is the time for you to start your military career a little earlier than the other cadets. You will no longer have to attend combat training Friday. Instead you will attend SWORD Sharpening courses, where you will hone your skills as an Agent. These classes change on a weekly basis. At the same time, you will be sent on misisons, some might go for as long as a week or even a couple months depending. Don't worry though, your instructors will be notified of such conditions and will give you credit according to your mission performance."

This was, this was seriously happening. Only a couple of weeks in and he was SWORD, just like that, without a hitch. One mission and bam, his dreams came true. Well sort of. 

"Now that we have the formailities out of the way, I'd like to discuss a few things." The Marshall cleared his throat. "I was made aware that you Private," He said gesturing towards Hongbin as he squealed internally. Private meaning that he had officially graduated from trainee to an actual agent. "evoked an elemental in the heat of battle with very little need for concentration or focus." Hongbin blinked his warm brown eyes as he nodded in response. "That's mighty impressive of you. However, I'm sure the others have noted that I'd prefer for you to not rely on your elemental. Evoking them can be hazerdous to your health, and I'd rather you use your own skill and mettle to dispatch your opponents then relying on a being of magic to do your work." 

"Sir yes sir." Hongbin understood loud and clear, yet at the same time, he needed a moment to scream internally. Park Hyo-shin just called him impressive. Seriously, he needed a moment, he was going to shake if it weren't for Hyuk still grabbing onto him tightly. 

"Don't think I've forgotton about you Private Hyuk." The Marshall said as a smile graced his features. "Your skill is very raw and promising and I can see development in your future. Keep up your swordplay and your enchantments and no doubt you will be a force to be reckoned with in no time." He commented as Hyuk actually elicited a very quiet yet noticeable squeal, causing the smiel on the Marshall's face to grow even bigger as he looked at the rest of the upperclassmen. 

"And to the rest of you coporals. You did an excellent job as always. I'm surprised by how well you're handling that composite bow Ken, it seems that N's archery training has extremely paid off in your favor and plus you can now fight at a safer distance since we all know how vulnerable you are in combat." The Marshall noted as Ken blushed almost before nodding, a smirk coming from Ravi as N smiled in a humbled manner. So N was the one who helped perfect Ken's archery. He wondered what other weapons the guy could handle aside from his remote-controlled chakram blades and apparently even the bow. 

"I've actually called you all here because I've decided that your combat synergy and teamwork was very lucrative in terms of performance. Thus I will make you an official party among the SWORD agents. A group of sorts that makes sure whatever missions you take, you all take them together as a team. Your codename will be VIXX, V, I, X, X; Valor, Vigilance and Value in eXcelsis. N of course, being of highest rank will be your leader." This was when Hongbin became intrigued. They were made an official squad of sorts, it made sense due to their teamwork, but being given a codename for their squad, it instilled a ray of excitement into Hongbin's nerves that he hadn't felt in such a long time. 

"We are all very honored Marshall sir." N spoke for the rest of them. A natural leader one might say. 

"That is all men. Dismissed, and do recover quick as classes begin again tomorrow, and let's not forget annual Homecoming ball is coming up next week. I expect all of you to attend wearing your uniformed clothing, that have already been sent to your dorm at this time." The Marshall finished as he waved them off. 

"Wait... Homecoming?" Hongbin muttered aloud as Hyuk pulled him away and the six of them arrived at the elevator and started to head back to the dorms together. 

"Yeah Homecoming," Ken finally said as they reached the ground floor, "It's a dance, a formal really, trainees like you guys were can't go since only members of SWORD or of higher rank could attend. The only way a trainee could attend is if they were in the committee to help work the event, like I did my first year. Convenient that you and Hyukkie can go now right, as actual guests?" Ken beamed as he smiled excitedly. "Speaking of which, I'm so happy for you two! Congratulations!" Ken shouted as he took a moment to catch both Hyuk and Hongbin in a cramped hug, holding them both tight as Ravi snorted in laughter while N chuckled in the corner. Leo of course, stayed silent. 

"Wait, so there's a dance, with all guys?" Hyuk asked in slight confusion, something Hongbin was going to ask as well, causing N to laugh. 

"No silly, not that the staff mind if you happen to take a guy out as your date, but each SWORD member is given a free invitation to invite whomever they please to the ball, let's say you had a girl from home. Not to mention the fact that there will be some SWORD members from the Mountainview academy, you know, our literal sister school." Hongbin remembered the Mountainview Academy when he was looking up Oceanside. It was the all girls counterpart to Oceanside and also trained women with natural magic abilities to hone them just like Oceanside, though he hasn't heard much else from that school. 

"Why do you ask Hyuk? Got a girl in mind to ask to the formal?" Ken asked curiously causing the blonde boy to blush in ferver. 

"N.. No not at all, I was just curious. I already know who I'm going to ask anyway." Hyuk responded childishly as he looked away. 

"Who Hyuk?" Hongbin asked, now curious. 

"C... can't tell you. It'll be a surprise." Hyuk masked with a smile as Hongbin stared at him carefully, wondering what that meant. 

"Well this year I'll be taking Kong as my date since he owes me a dance!" Ken shouted as he wrapped his arm around Hongbin's waist and pulled him in close. 

"Wait one hot minute you nerd, I totally called dibs on Hongbin the minute I met him." Ravi interjected as things slowly slipped into chaos on their way back to their suite. 

"Excuse me mister? I don't think you've known Hongbin since childhood like me, so beat it!" Ken defended as Hongbin knew this couldn't get any good. He looked over to Hyuk who was a little baffled by the situation as N was chuckling off to the side while Leo looked vague as per usual, but Hongbin got a feeling that he looked a little angry. 

"As your leader, I order you two to quit acting like children, if even possible." N said, sounding like a shrill mother as he stifled his laughter. "Besides, I believe Hongbin will be attending the formal with me anywho, we have a lot to discuss." Hongbin immediately blushed at this notion as Ken let out a whiney sound in protest. 

"What? Hey N! That's not fair you can't use your authority to steal Kong from us, you gotta fight fair and square!" Ken whined before continuing. "Besides if you have so much to discuss then discuss some other time, but I'm taking Hongbinnie to the ball and that's it."

"How about you let him decide." Leo finally said as the six of them reached the entrance to their suite, everyone stopping completely. "He's a person, he'll choose who he wants to go with." Leo said again, sounding very emphathetic, and strange. Hongbin didn't expect it coming from the fierce, cold blooded caster as everyone was left in awe at how Leo put it. The tall jet black haired lion walked ahead and entered the dorm before anybody else did as silence filled the air. 

"Leo's right, which ." Ken pouted. "I'll let you go with whoever you want Binnie, I'd prefer you go with me but I'm a little biased if you couldn't tell." Ken teased as Hongbin chuckled. 

"I'll have to see. I don't even know if I even want to go to the ball in the first place." Hongbin said finally as Ken's eyes opened even wider than they already were. 

"Uh, what? I don't think so mister. This year, I'm the head of the student commitee and we're making a badass Homecoming Ball this year and it's gonna be totally awesome, so it's mandatory for you to come, with or without me." Ken spat as Ravi yawned finally and tiredness sunk into the members, it was getting late, and they've been through, quite a lot. ", better get Ravi to bed before he sleeps on the balcony or something. Night guys, and once again, congrats on making SWORD so fast!" Ken beamed as he tugged on Ravi's uniform, leaving Hongbin and Hyuk in the common room. 

Hongbin had a sharp feeling of DeJa Vu as they were left there. Hyuk gestured over to Hongbin to their room and when they opened the door, there laying on their beds were their uniforms. 

"I can't believe I made it... We made it... to SWORD, so quickly." Hongbin said as he held up the uniform, holding it close to his chest. It was the same military-esque uniform that N and the others were wearing. black in color trimmed with gold and maroon. It was beautiful. 

"As if there was any doubt." Hyuk repeated, mimicking Hongbin's voice as Hongbin chuckled, poking at Hyuk's side, causing him to squeal adorably. 

"Just curious Hyuk, seriously this time. Who were you planning on asking out?" Hongbin pryed once more as Hyuk's smile disappeared from his masculine features as he said only one word. 

"You." 

 

A/N: Woop woop, another chapter down! Sorry if this chapter was boring, it was kind of a transition chapter to help move things along to a cute event I have planned for the boys that as you guys can see is Homecoming. Seems like the harem is closing in and Hongbin already has to make his first decision among the harem. WHO WILL HE CHOOSE TO GO TO HOMECOMING WITH? Let me know in the comments who you'd like Hongbin to go to homecoming with, and it might help me choose since it's a decision I'll have to make as well ;_; Hope you guys liked the chapter and let me know what y'all think. Take care all of you lovelies and until next time!