To be Continued(?)

Lay Down Your Swords

A/N: It's been a long time hasn't it? Usually I would put the author's note at the end but this is a well deserved note in the beginning. I immensely apologize to anybody who was waiting for the next installment of this series. I've been super busy with college and I've been involved with so many things in real life that I had to sacrifice my time that I used to spend writing this series. I don't know where to start honestly since I'm sure you don't want to hear all of the gorey details of my life but to keep it brief, I'm no longer passionate about this series, evident as i haven't updated in amost 2 years.

It's a lot of things, I do still stan VIXX extremely but with life making me so busy and not letting me have enough time to write has really affected me. The writing itself is outdated since it's two years old and I've grown up since then so it's hard to be consistent. I've made the extremely tough decision to place the series on an indefinite hiatus until i feel that I can rewrite this series again. The muse I have for this specific series is simply no more and it hurts trying so hard to write it. I've been inspired by different ideas and different themes that I desire to write about and I plan on doing. 

A future series is incoming that may or may not be AU but will at the very least be loosely based on the universe I've created for this fic. Unfortunately it will not be a VIXX focused fic, but the boys themselves might appear in the other fic that I'm planning on writing. To drop a little expectation, it's going to be a similar setting but based more on SM students, which group/characters I'm focusing on you'll have to stay tune. For now, I really don't want to delete or draft this story becuase it basically started off my career on this site and It has a special place in my heart.

As such, I'm uploading this final(?) chapter that is incomplete and is a draft of when I last worked on this fic which was April of 2015. I apologize for the incomplete story but I didn't know what else to do with it. If i ever do decide to pick up this series again, I will complete this chapter and continue on with the series. But for now, it will remain as is. I'm sorry to those who waited and those who recently stumbled upon this fic on their own. But please be excited for my next upcoming fic titled "Neo Chronicles: debuT" If that didn't hint you on what group I'm focusing next, I don't know what will. 

____________________________________

 

Hongbin couldn't think, he didn't have time to. All he could think of was to dive in. He felt anger flowing through his veins. He heard N calling him back to keep in formation but Hongbin already dove into the heat before he could call back. Hongbin held his knives up as he came flying down towards Key, who had a cocky smirk on his grin. 

"Hongbin! Wait! Fall back!" He heard N cry out but it was too late. Key effortlessly flicked his wrist and in a flash, the whip cracked in Hongbin's direction and wrapped around Hongbin's ankle. Hongbin let out a quick gasp before Key quickly lifted Hongbin, throwing him off-balance in mid-air and slammed him down on the ground, causing Hongbin to shout out in pain. 

"I like your passion pretty-boy, but you should watch out, being a hot head will get you nowhere." Key teased with a wink as he pulled his whip back, beckoning provoctively. Ken quickly ran towards Hongbin to aide him. 

"Kong! Aquas Curatio!" Ken shouted as a blue light flashed all over Hongbin's body, feeling a sensation akin to water droplets cleansing his wounds as his pain disappeared and his injuries healing. Ken quickly helped Hongbin up to his feet as the two of them retreated a little backwards. 

"Alright, now let's please stick to the plan." N shouted. "Battle plan Alpha!" And this time, when N shouted, everyone got into position and surrounded Key in a circular formation. Hyuk, Ravi, and Leo (who recovered from the strike that he sustained from earlier) moved ahead and surrounded Key in a triangular formation armed with their weapons while Hongbin took up a position behind and between Hyuk and Ravi respectively while N was behind and between Leo and Hyuk while Ken was behind and between Ravi and Leo. Creating a hexagram formation if viewed from a bird's eye point of view. 

Key merely stood there, observing the boys who have surrounded him and seemed to be biding his strength and allowing VIXX to make the first move. Without so much as a word, N quickly initiated the assault, throwing his chakram towards Key causing the rest of the members to launch in a synchronized strike. Key however was already primed for defensive maneuvers. He saw the two chakrams come flying at him the second N threw them, causing Key to chuckle as he deflected the chakrams with his whip. However, unfortunately for Key, this left him wide open.

"Now!" N quickly cried out as he started to channel his magical energies into another offensive spell.

"Glacies Arma!" Hyuk quickly cried out as his blade became encased in magical Ice, as he rushed ahead. Leo and Ravi casted their own enchantments to their weapons with their respective elemental 'Arma' spells as they rushed in head first. Key recovered fast enough to wrap around Hyuk's blade, breaking through the ice. This kept him distracted enough for Ravi and Leo to push further. Ravi's bronze knuckles were powered with electricity as his movements became swift and agile. He quickly went for Key's gut, fostering a direct hit, sending electricity through his knuckles as it tazed Key, pushing him away. 

Key quickly retreated and jumped back a couple feet as he released Hyuk's sword, creating some distance. "Not bad. I'm holding myself back from making puns but I was quite shocked by your tenacity. Let's see if that's enough." Key spoke in a sly voice as a cocky smirk appeared on his slender features. 

"You talk too much." Leo uttered quickly as he spun his bostaff, casting a spell, "Ventus Tribum!" He called out as he slammed his staff into the ground, causing a tornado to materialize in front of him as it flew towards Key's direction. Key began to chuckle as he ran his fingers through his hair. 

"That's cute. Real cute. Now let me show you how spellcasting is done boys." Key taunted as the mini tornado was still making it's way towards Key. "Fulmen Quattuor" He casted as he snapped his fingers and bolts of electricity surged from Key's body, assaulting the tornado, causing it to dissipate as stray bolts made their way towards the party. N however quickly sprung into action. 

"Terra Murum!" He called out as a wall made of complete stone and earth formed, blocking against the remaining stray bolts of lightning before crumbling into dust. Ken took this opportunity to let loose some ether arrows only to find them being deflected by swift movements with his whip. Hongbin took this chance to flank Key while he still could since the rest of the team had him somewhat distracted.