Goodbye hyung...

Cursed love

~ part 2 of double update!! Please go back to read chapter 4 if you haven't ^__^ ~


"I'm sorry." Those words pierced hangeng's heart as he stood, trembling.

"B-but... I can still do it. Please?" The 17-year old begged, stuttering as he did. He watched in despair at his dance instructor, already knowing what would come next. But he still hoped, hoped he was wrong.

There was a moment of uncomfortable silence, before both opened their mouths to speak. His instructor motioned for Hankyung to speak, and he did.

"Please, I can still do this, you know I can... I've been doing this for so long... I can't, you can't do this to me! Please? Just give me one more chance, I'll try my best, I'll---"

"I'm sorry, hankyung. But we all know you can't do it. It's for your own good. You know it--"

"BUT I CAN! I'VE BEEN DOING WELL ALL ALONG, SO WHY?! WHY NOW?!" Hankyung raged, slightly shocking his instructor, who'd never seen him like this before. In fact, no one ever had. Even hankyung was startled by his own words when he calmed down a moment later.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to..."

"I know. Hankyung, I know what this means to you, all of this. But you can't keep pushing yourself. You have your limits. Everyone does. I don't want you to push too hard, I've seen this happen before." His instructor sighed. Hankyung had always been an exemplary student, and he didn't want to lose him either, but he had to. He didn't want to see him get hurt.

"But I'm different. You know me, if I know I can't do it, I won't. But I believe I can do this, I'm sure of it." Hankyung started. His teacher opened his mouth to protest, but Hankyung cut in before he could.

"You know how much this means, dont you?" He questioned, and his instructor nodded.

"And do you know how long it's been? How long it's been since I last had something I wanted to do?"

"I know, but--"

"Do you know how long it's been since I actually believed in myself?" By now Hankyung was already on the verge of breaking, something that rarely happened. He meant every single word he'd just uttered.

"Please, just listen to me..."

"Hankyung. Listen to me. I know you're in pain, I know you're hurt. But the truth is that you can't continue. You and I both know it."

"NO WE DON'T! I believe I can do it, you must let me try! You can't just kick me out like this, I--- I can't just lose this... Please, just once more. I'll try my very best, I will. Can't you just..." Hankyung was already begging by then, and his instructor's heart hurt just looking at him. He had never seen Hankyung so weak before, so broken.

"I'm sorry." Upon hearing those words, Hankyung ran out of the room, determined not to break down in public. He maneuvered around as best as he could, avoiding everything and everyone as he ran out of the school compound.

A hundred thoughts ran through his mind as he sat down on the wooden bench, the place he'd gone to every time he needed space to think, or even just to be alone for once. He just couldn't understand. Why? Why did being blind equate to getting kicked out of dance? Why did being blind render him useless?

"I can still dance... I've been doing well all this while, I could do it with a little help. Why? Dance was my only interest, but even that's being taken away from me... Why is my life like this? Why did all of this have to happen just because I can't see? Is being blind such a sin?!"

"I don't even care if I can't enter competitions, I don't care if I don't win. So why can't they just let me stay?! Just to recieve training? Even just to enjoy being myself for once."

"Didn't he understand? He said he did. He said... He said he understood..."

"But he obviously doesn't... If he did, he'd have let me stay! He'd have let me go on, pursue my dreams! This means so much to me, why did he take it away?! He said he knew! I trusted him!"

Hankyung sighed, gripping onto the wood he was sitting on so tightly he feared it'll break. But he didn't care. He didn't care if it broke. He didn't care if he fell. He didn't care if he died.

Dance had been the only thing he loved, the only place where he could be himself, the only place he could really express himself. The place where he really could be who he was.

The only place where he could be Hankyung.

Yet now it's gone, just like that. His 10 years of training, all gone to waste. And along with it went his passion, his only reason to stay alive.

"I shouldn't have lived... Why did I live? Was this part of my curse? To let me feel so much pain? I never thought my life was really worth anything... But now? Now I'm sure it doesn't. I don't even want to hurt anymore. Why didn't he just take away my life?! WHY?!"

"Should I... Should I just do it?" Hankyung wondered as he shakily stood up, heading straight ahead without thinking. He didn't know where he was going, and he didn't care.

"Maybe... Just maybe..."

"No, who am I kidding? It's not like anyone would miss my presence. They'll probably be happy, even... No longer having a burden in their lives." Hankyung thought as he chuckled darkly. He smiled as he heard the faint sound of busy traffic coming from in front of him.

"Then I won't feel the pain anymore ... Right?" He smiled again, taking another step forward. 

"Don't do it, Hankyung!" He heard his brother's voice ring in his head, and he paused for a moment before stepping ahead again.

"Kyung... You can't!! I don't want to... You said you didn't want to lose me, I don't want to lose you either. Stay with me, kyung!"

"You'll forget me soon enough too, hyung..."

"No, don't do it!!" Hankyung heard the honks growing louder, and he knew he was already this close to the road. Just a few more steps...

"Hyung, I'm already so close... I've made up my mind, hyung..." Hankyung listened, counting down to the time when the green light would come on. Tick tock... Tick... Tock.

"NO!"

"Goodbye, hyung." He smiled as the roaring of the engines started once again and he walked forward with no hesitation. The last thing Hankyung heard was the car screeching to a break, a bang, and finally... Silence.



Ah this... Depressing for me to write D': but hope it idk evokes feeling in my readers because I was hoping it would ^__^ 
Please comment/subscribe ^__^ <3