six + short a/n.

the servant i fell for.

Jackson casually walked to the store room to get some clothes and a towel. Just then, a knock on the door was heard followed by a greeting from Youngjae and a reply from an oh-so-familiar sound. Jackson didn't want to face Mark anymore, he quick ran to the direction of the bathroom, only to realize that he had to run past the main hall where Mark was. He scratched his head in frustration and decided that he would just hide till Mark goes away. Unforntunately, Mark is sharp, both in looks and intellect. Just as the clacking of Mark's shoes could be heard along the halls, he saw Mark stop infront of the door he was hiding behind. 

"Is there any need for you to hide?" Mark said in such a cool voice.

Jackson remained silent, hoping Mark would go away and think that he's not there but to no avail.

"Jackson," Mark repeated "I know you're in there." Mark said.

By now, Jackson was afraid to go out. Mark could release vibes similar to an emotionless psychopathic killer sometimes which petrified Jackson to his core. Jackson's futile attempt at snoring miraculously worked.

"Maybe he's just sleeping..." Mark thought as he left to his room.

Jackson slowly opened the door just a creak to check the hallways before making a bee line for the bathroom. He was running as silently as he could, trying to stifle in his panting and almost knocking into Youngjae yet again. 

"Geez, Jackson. Why are you always in a rush to the bathroom?" Youngjae asked.

"I have my reasons. Talk to you later." Jackson said and continued running.

***

Mark closed the door behind him and plopped on his bed. An eternity of work and havoc has drained all of his energy and having to bring himself about the professional way didn't help much. Sometimes he felt as though he was forced to display superiority just so he'd be less approachable to people. His shell of coldness was what prevented him from being hurt or betrayed by people and it also prevented him from letting his feelings out. He placed a hand over his eyes and sighed. 

"What am I supposed to do with Jackson now. For once, I'm dreading the day I get that money in my account." Mark sighed.

The earlier he gets the money, the earlier Jackson gets released. The hours in his office flew fast thinking about the thought of going back home. At least there was something to look forward to. He got up and ed his vest, throwing it lightly at the chair beside and took out his watch. He grabbed a towel and headed out of the room.

***

Jackson loved taking long baths. It gives his mind some clarity and it was a usual place where apparently his thoughts could function well. Amidst his thoughts, he heard footsteps then a knock on the door.

"Are you done?" the familiar voice asked.

He opened his eyes upon realizing how long he'd been in the bathroom staring into black space. He quickly turned the shower cap off and wrapped the towel around his waist.

"Youngjae, this is no time to take long baths." Mark sounded agitated.

Jackson stepped out of the bathroom. Mark looked surprised and Jackson didn't need to look at Mark to know that.

"It was me in the bathroom," Jackson made no attempt to look at Mark. "Sorry I took ... so long." Jackson walked away, not expecting a reply.

***

He wanted so badly to leave the damn mansion but at the same time, there was something pulling him back. Actually, he was holding himself back. After changing into a fresh and new set of clothes, he shuffled to the kitchen to grab a snack. He was weirded out by how he's starting to treat this god-forsaken place as his own home, casually taking any thing that he likes from the fridge to start off. 

"Oh, hey Youngjae didn't see you there." Jackson smiled.

Youngjae only returned a little smile and continued taking out the ingredients to cook.

"Everything alright?" Jackson asked, giving Youngjae a skeptical look.

Youngjae signalled an "okay" sign at him while keeping his lips pursed.

"Hey, if it's about the earlier -- when I gave you a short reply and left, I'm sorry, like really. Okay?" Jackson lightly hit him at the left of the other's shoulder. 

"No really, it's okay," Youngjae replied, giving the other a reassuring smile. "It's just ... nevermind. I shouldn't be telling you ..." Youngjae's eyes drifted off the the stove.

"What is it? Spit it out. Come on." Jackson inched closer to Youngjae, trying to tempt him to speak up in which Youngjae submitted into.

"Let's just say that there's a malevolent presence here that hinders my communication with .. well .. you." Youngjae whispered while cutting the carrots and lettuce.

Jackson was thoroughly convinced that they were keeping something away from him and he knew exactly what it was.

A lean figure walked in, smelling like the aromatic shampoo that he used.

"When's the food going to be ready?" Mark questioned, peeping his head to see what Youngjae was doing.

Jackson was really close to being done with Mark. All Mark ever was to Jackson was a selfish, impatient and rude person who thought having a higher order status meant he could be controlling. Jackson stole a glance from Mark and stomped out, making large steps at it. Youngjae turned, look aghast at Jackson's behavior. That was something new. 

"Soon," Youngjae replied, with a hint of worry in his voice.

He was worried that Jackson might do something that would indirectly reveal something that shouldn't be revealed. Calm eyes met frightened ones as Mark leaned against the kitchen counter.

"Is there something that I should know?" Mark hinted at Youngjae.

"Nothing at all," Youngjae placed a pot over the stove and lighted up the stove, adding some oil on the pot. "Even if there was, I think there would be something for all of us to know, right?" 

Mark shot quizzical looks at Youngjae but he was too tired to be playing this mental game with Youngjae. He went out of the kitchen and saw Jackson leaning against the sofa, looking as angry as hell. He dared himself and took a step closer to Jackson, wanting to at least ask him something which was something he'd never got the chance to. Jackson looked up, looking gazes and finally got up. As he was about to turn and leave, Mark grabbed Jackson's hand.

"No, wait," Mark said. "I just want to ask you something."

Jackson was expecting to be peppered with questions about his father or when the hell is his father going to get this fued over and done with but the words that escaped from Mark's mouthed never failed to surprise Jackson.

"What's your relationship with Youngjae?"


10102014

hey pepulz (once again).

thank you sooo much for the support and for wishing me luck for my finals.

i didn't really expect much but your support has motivated me so much.

more plot twists (actually not that much) are about to make it's wait to this fic.

anticipate my future chapters and once again, thanks for the support! (though I have a feeling I didn't do that great)

God bless. ;)

vnxiety.