five.

the servant i fell for.

The sound of metal against ceramic could be heard softly for a split second as Mark slowly placed his fork and knife down on the empty clean. He had eaten everything on the plate clean. He got up, wiped his mouth clean with a tissue before heading towards the door. 

"I'll be going off now Youngjae. See you later," Mark said. "And remember." he didn't even spare a glance at Youngjae.

Jackson felt really confused. It was as though they were keeping a secret away from him. Maybe it was about his father? Maybe he's going to be here forever? That's a nightmare he has eversince being kidnapped! He felt a little more at ease. Mark's high status and professionalism made a shiver run down his spine. He was pretty much inferior towards him. Plus, for Mark to still remain calm after he screamed at him, that's a start. He continued to gobble down his food.

"Eat slowly, man." Youngjae nudged Jackson slightly. "I wouldn't want you choking, now would I?" 

Jackson paused with a small cut slice of pancake in his mouth and looked at Youngjae. So now he's speaking. Something gives ... Why was he 'shy' to talk to him just now but now he's casually kidding. Jackson chewed and swallow down his food before speaking.

"Hey, I just can't help it. I mean, it's a hell of a meal -- I mean a heaven of a meal." Jackson sassed him and there went Youngjae's cheek blushing red.

Jackson felt weirded out for some reason. He felt as though Youngjae wasn't used to his compliments anymore when just yesterday he was showering Youngjae with praises. Youngjae smiled, showing his pearly whites. The sight of it made Jackson feel at peace somehow. Jackson rubbed his stomach.

"I'm so full," he moaned. "I feel a stomach ache coming on."

"I told you." Youngjae picked up the plates and utensils and proceeded to the kitchen to clean them.

He the tap and began scrubbing the plates and utensils with soap. Behind him, Jackson opened the fridge to find a bottle of coke. Youngjae, knowing what Jackson's instincts were, waved a finger at him.

"No. Unless, you want your stomach to get worse, stay away from that alright?" Youngjae wiped his hands with a cloth and placed the dishes back in the racks while leaving the utensils on the counter.

"You know, It's kind of boring staying here being a 'kidnapee' and all. I want to go out and have some fun too." Jackson leaned against the kitchen counter.

"Well, I would bring you to somewhere fun but the last thing I want is Mark thinking I'm setting you free from being kidnapped or something." Youngjae mused.

He knew he could trust Jackson but he couldn't go against what Mark had ordered him to do. 

"Oh come on. I swear I won't escape!" Jackson pleaded, showing his signature puppy eyes. "You can tie my hands together or something if you want."

Youngjae rolled his eyes. He couldn't say no to Jackson's puppy eyes and he couldn't resist the temptation of breaking the boundaries of this house with Jackson. He had finally submit into temptations.

"Okay. Fine," Youngjae sighed. "I know a theme park nearby. Wanna pop by there?"

Jackson's eyes widened in excitment. He was hyped and felt his adrenaline rushing. 

"Theme parks are my favourite, are you kidding?!" Jackson grabbed Youngjae's hand and dragged him outside.

Jackson shoved Youngjae lightly in front. 

"Lead the way." he said, earning a chuckle from the other.

While they hit the road, by foot that is, to the theme park, they gabbled to each other. Speaking of things from usual everyday lives to personal things. Jackson felt as though he'd known Youngjae since a long time ago. Either because they could relate to each other alot or because of  something else, but he couldn't put his finger on it. It was a good day to start off with. The sun was shining, no clouds were in the way, the air wasn't humid like every other day and he was with Youngjae. 

The theme park was massive, with thrilling rides in every nook and cranny. Luckily, the was little to almost no queue so they could get their tickets fast without hooking themselves to the end of a long human chain. 

"Oh ... I totally forgot to bring my wallet." Youngjae gasped.

"That's okay," Jackson took his wallet out. "I have mine wherever I go. It'll be more than enough."

Youngjae looked down in embarrasment. It was his few days with Jackson and Jackson is already treating him to food. He felt a tug at his sleeve and saw Jackson pointing in the direction of a rollercoaster. 

"Hey lets take the one first.." Jackson pulled Youngjae along, not waiting for a response.

They got in the line just in time and in a short while, were instructed to enter. Youngjae was a big fan of thrilling rides just as much as Jackson was but he's heart was beating fast now. 

***

It was close to evening and they managed to take almost all of the rides -- from roller coasters to haunted houses. The last ride of excitement was the viking ride. It wasn't Jackson's favourite but it was worth the experience. The viking ship went back and forth, slowly gaining momentum. Jacksonw as gripping on the handrails and so was Youngjae. Youngjae shot a look at the other.

"You scared?" he laughed.

"Not really. Just ... nervous?" Jackson smiled awkwardly.

The ride started to gain speed and soon it was swinging back and forth, going up high and swooping down. People screamed in excitement, waving their hands in the air. Youngjae seemed to be enjoying himself and he was screaming too. He was bursting with energy and for once, he showed a bright, warm and genuine smile. Jackson couldn't help but admire him every second he could get his heart away from the viking ride. Jackson has only seen him giggling or smiling half-intently but never laugh loud and smile wide. Youngjae looked so down to earth and it made Jackson's heart warm and settled for some reason. Maybe this was the feeling.

After the ride, they decided that it was time to get back home. They threw their cans of soda aside and ran as fast as they could back to the Mansion, racing each other to the mentioned building. Luck was on their side this time as they've reached home half an hour before Mark had. Youngjae and Jackson were panting and catching their breaths.

"That was one wild experience I've had in months!" Youngjae wiped the sweat of his head.

"Couldn't say it better myself." Jackson walked towards the kitchen to get a drink.

Youngjae felt guilty on the inside. He disobeyed Mark and actually went over the line. Hey, he doesn't need to know, right? Youngjae thought.