four.

the servant i fell for.

Jackson stopped in his tracks. He seemed to have realized something.

"Wait ... If I'm going to bathe then .. I'm going to need clothes, right?" Jackson turned and stared in space. "But where am I going to get clothes? Unless I ask Youngjae?" Jackson contemplated on asking for clothes from Youngjae, it wasn't his forte to share clothes.

He reluctantly dragged himself down the flight of stairs again. He peeped his head through the kitchen and his eyes were searching around. 

"No sign of Youngjae." he thought.

He irritatedly scratched the back of his head. Where is he going to find Youngjae? He still isn't used to the Mansion and he hopes not to -- he doesn't want to find it too suitable here for he's scared he might be too comfortable and forget home. He felt as though he has 'irritated' Youngjae enough. The look on Youngjae's face when he came back from wherever he went pretty much told Jackson that he's probably tired when it's early in the morning. He had no other choice. He breathed in and out before walking towards Mark's room. One, two, three, he counted the steps towards his room. Obviously he didn't know where to put his face -- storming out of someone's room and then coming back the next asking for clothes? He took one deep breath and knocked on the door. No response. He knocked a little louder and this time, he shouted, "Mark!". He put his ear to the door to listen for anything only to fall and hit against Mark when the door opened. He rubbed his nose and turned away in embarrasment. He was so tough in front of Mark but now he looks like a gangster wannabe! 

"Um .. Do you have like, any spare clothes? I mean, to bathe. You are going to let me bathe right?" Jackson rubbed the sied of his own arm a little, to deter him from the awkward situation.

"You should be glad. I have tons in the store room. I assume you know where it is, right? And here," Mark tossed him a towel. "anything that you ever need is probably in there." Mark said.

"Thanks." Jackson said with no emotions as he turned away and began to run to the store room, gripping the towel with both hands.

Just as he was running he stumbled against Youngjae. The second one today. Youngjae hissed and rubbed at his head.

"Oh my-- Sorry! Are you okay?" Jackson removed Youngjae's hand from his head and started rubbing it softly for him. "I'm so sorry ..."

"Gosh." Youngjae whimpered. "I'm okay, no concussion, no biggie," Youngjae sheepishly smiled. "And Geez, why do you apologise so much?" 

Jackson blushed hard. He was never caring about and to anyone before. Instead, he'd actually snigger at them or sometimes growl. He removed his hand from Youngjae's head and started fiddling with the towel.

"Hey, if you did die of a concussion i would never forgive myself, okay." Jackson said.

Wait- did he just say that? What has come over him for the past day? He had to escape quickly. His face grew redder and hotter by the seconds and all Youngjae did was stare at him which amde it worse.

"U-Uh, gotta go get clothes. Bye" Jackson ran past him and heard a faint "be careful" behind him.

Turning the knob of the door and pushing it open only surprised Jackson. The store room was as big as the rest of the rooms! Except, there was a closet etched to a wall and it stretched from one end to the other of the wall. Jackson expected alot from it and when he slide it open, he wasn't surprised to see his expectations being met. Clothes hung on the top and pants folded at the bottom. Some were graphic tees, some were your formal long-sleeved collared shirts and the rest were either plain coloured ones or just tank tops. It was like a riot of colours! Seeing this much clothes gave Jackson a huge headache. Not only could he not find the proper clothes that he needed, now he had to walk all the way to the other end just to get a plain shirt and shorts. After the ordeal, he didn't bother sliding the closet close and just left for the bathroom.

The warm water touched his skin. Steam rising from the bath. Jackson washed his face thoroughly. He couldn't believe what has happened. Thoughts burned through the back of his mind. The feeling felt foreign to him. He has never really cared about anyone except for his mum. All his past girlfriends, he did care but this feeling was a little ... stronger. He was tussling with his feelings. Inside, he felt as though the feeling in him was tugging at him, asking for more attention. Choi Youngjae -- now that's a name to conjure with. He has heard about experiences of people falling into the depths of the endless void called "feelings" when they thought too much. He had so much things to worry about, especially being free from this hell hole, he doesn't need another burden on his shoulders. Before tearing his heart up even more, he decided that he will put everything that has to do with this "feeling" aside. Which means, no blushing, no affections, no 'other things' that made him feel like that, basically. His thoughts had zoomed him past time and before he knew it, he was in the shower for 30 minutes! He hurriedly slapped on some soap on his body and squeezed some shampoo onto his hair, rubbed it and then took a toothbrush out of the other tens there, squeezed some toothpaste onto it and started brushing his teeth vigorously. He did it while simutaneously washing the soap and shampoo off him.

Walking across the hall with a towel around his waist was one of the most embarrasing things he had to endure. Knowing that they were having their breakfast, he just had to walk past them, obviously earning weird stares from them. After drying himself with the towel, he slid his clothes on and made his way down. The aroma of pancakes and maple syrup invaded his nostrils. He was close to salivating. He expected it from Youngjae. After all, Youngjae did impress him with his cooking on his first day of 'stay' here. He awkwardly pulled a chair out and sat. The atmosphere seemed heavy and still, there was no noise except for the munching noises. He smiled awkwardly and took a pancake, squeezing the succulent maple syrup on it. He tore a small section of the pancake with a fork and knife and ate it. It was pure mouth spasm. The only place where he tasted pancakes as good as these were at Mother Paula's. Youngjae was giggling, looking at him devour his food like a crazy animal. Finally, he managed to break the silence.

"Um .. good day, isn't it?" Jackson tittered softly.

"Yeah ..." Youngjae said looking down on his plate.

There was a reason why he couldn't bear to look up at Jackson. They weren't eating alone, after all.