three.

the servant i fell for.

Mark had some guts to actually tell Jackson to sit beside him as though he was his long-known childhood friend. Who does he think he is? His master? Oh wait, but technically he is for now.

"No thanks. Just one question," Jackson tried his hardest not to sound frightened and straightened his posture."Why me?"

On second thought, Jackson regret spitting out such a question. He wanted a reply so badly but he didn't want to bring up the cause of this heavy atmosphere. He waited for a reply eagerly and impatiently as his heart thumped fast. He just found his feet shuffling towards the bed subconsciously. 

"It's simple -- money. You won't be here for long but that's if your father does what he's supposed to do." Mark ruffled his own hair and yawned.

"And you just HAD to kidnap me?" Jackson's voice slowly increasing.

"Hey, it's not that bad if you think about it. This is a huge place, you can go wherever whenever you want to. You see, you have facilities here and there, you're being served food and it's not like we're torturing you. Unless, you want to be dumped the basement." Mark smirked.

It disguisted Jackson. Really. The least you can do after causing so much trouble to someone is to not be a cocky jerk to them. 

"Wherever whenever I like? Good. I'll be off now. Bye" Jackson stomped off and as he turned back for a second, he saw Mark shaking his head, lying down on the bed.

There was pin-drop silence in the main hall of the mansion. Well, what did you expect from a large place occupied by 3 small beings? He wasn't sure where he was going but he was sure that whenever he got lost, he'd just have to call out "Choi!". What would it be like to be living here with someone who you merely "bought". Furthermore, they acted like close friends, they weren't awkward with each other. Maybe it's just Mark's way of getting along with people, you know, being kind to them but Jackson is sure as hell that Mark isn't going to dig his way into his heart. Jackson thought of going outside. Plus, he hasn't seen the exterior of the god forsaken mansion. Maybe he'll just have to explore it without Youngjae. He was greeted by the sun's ray shining on his face the minute he walked out. He put an arm above his brows to shield him from the light. It seemed like years since he has gone out. The courtyard bore large gardens which were beautifully decorated with a flowers aligned in different colours. The bushes were decorated with exotic flowers. It felt like what you'd picture heaven to be like. Except, it would be heaven if it wasn't by Mark's territory. Wait, it's IN Mark's territory which made it worse. From the corner of his eye, he spotted flowers with a peculiar shade of white. He went closer only to realize that they were Baby Breath's, and the flower beds were littered with small white petals of wilted Baby Breath's, making it look like snow. He plucked one of them from the ground, studying and admiring every inch of the plant. They were his mum's favourite. They were so soft and fragile, and they could only last for so long ... just like his mother. He plucked off a few more and begun twisten and bending them together, as though he was weaving something. Pluck, twist, bend. Pluck, twist, bend. He repeated them until he got what he wanted. Carefully placing the Baby Breath-Made crown on his head, he laughed. It was the first time in a few months since he felt so light-hearted and free. During the season, his mum would take the opportunity to make whimsical things out of flowers like these. Crowns, bracelets, even hair accessories were possible! Jackson strolled to the small field of soft carpet-like grass. He stared out at a distance, sitting on the fine,soft grass. Inner peace was what he wanted and it was exactly what he felt. Blissfully calming and out of the pandemonium and hustle and bustle of the city life, he felt a little great that he was here, obviously not because him being taken away. Maybe, being taken away is all he needed. He laid down, both his arms behind his head, supporting it. The air smelled really fragrant -- the natural type. The kind that you'll smell when you go to the botanic gardens. A voice disturbed his peaceful state which caused him to open an eye, looking at the person.

"Didn't know you were into these kind of things." Youngjae teased, squating down and poking at his flower crown.

"Well," Jackson said, sitting up. "What did you think I was into?" Jackson crossed his legs and started fiddling with the grass.

"Knowing that you obviously have that 'bad-boy' look, I assumed that you were into rock music, hanging out in big gangs, screaming and shouting at people, seducing girls, creating havoc, you know. Obviously I'm wrong," Youngjae rubbed the back of his neck. "You're the total opposite." Youngjae managed to let out a sheepish laugh.

"What are you trying to say? I am kinda like that you know!" Jackson tried proving Youngjae wrong. "I do hang out in gangs, I do seduce girls -- no, wait, they're the one who finds me seducing, I don't even need to try at all! and I dance! Isn't that manly?" Jackson got so worked up, his arms were flying everywhere and he was talking as fast as a subway train.

This time, Youngjae actually laughed out loud. "Okay, I get it, I get it. You're manly." Youngjae said, stressing on the word 'manly', pointing at the flower crown. 

Jackson only rolled his eyes and they both broke into a hysterical laughing fit. 

He wiped his eyes. "Ow, It's been a long time since I've had a good laugh." He was rubbing his stomach while trying to stiffle in a laugh.

"Oh!" Youngjae exclaimed while feeling something in his pocket vibrate. "It's my phone. Just a moment." Youngjae stood up and took out his phone, only to realize that it was a call from Mark. 

He swiped the screen and answered the call, "Hello? Mark?" Jackson heard. "Me? Now? Oh ... Alright." The look on Youngjae's face instantly became sullen. He slid his phone into his pocket after hanging up. "Gotta go fast. Meet you later?" Youngjae didn't wait for a reply from Jackson and made a bee line to the the Mansion. 

Jackson was left there stunned. 

***

Mark was tapping his foot impatiently, waiting for a certain somebody to come. A knock on the door was heard and an exhausted Youngjae came into view when the door was open. He was gasping for air and was drenched in his sweat. The perks of having the main bedroom far from the hall. 

"Come in." Mark said.

Youngjae ambled in sloppily and sat on the chair just opposite the bed, facing Mark.

"You do know that Jackson's our so-called 'captive', right?" Mark questioned, earning a nod from Youngjae. "I don't want you to be entertaining him so much, are you clear? The last thing I -- or rather, we -- would want is him feeling too comfortable in our fort, then there goes the purpose of this kidnap." Mark said in a matter-of-fact.

"I don't follow you. Why isolate him?" Youngjae wasn't the type to leave anyone alone, it wasn't his nature to do so.

"Don't you get it? He gets comfortable equals to less panic which equals to this 'kidnap' case being less serious and that's equivalent to me not getting the money I need. The last thing I want is for the man who stole my position to think that I'm his sons' caretaker!" Mark exclaimed. "Try to make him realize that he's still not going home to his 'father dearest' yet."

Youngjae nodded and headed towards the door.

"Hey, wait, Youngjae, something else too," Youngjae turned his head. "Don't get too attached. This serves something else too." 

Youngjae returned a nod. Millions of thoughts came into his mind. The forthcoming bad treatment aside, what else does this serve? I mean, who would want to keep someone else in their house just to serve them? Oh wait, that's right -- Mark. He dragged himself to the garden outside. Jackson was nowhere in sight. 

"If I don't find Jackson he might get lost!" Youngjae exclaimed as he ran frantically around the garden.

"Boo!" Jackson's attempt to scare Youngjae worked wonders!

"Oh! God Damn It Jackson! My heart stopped for a split second, you know?" Youngjae punch Jackson's shoulder lightly. "Anyways, get back in and take a bath. It's already 8 a.m." 

They both entered the Mansion yet again, but they deviated routes. Jackson to the bathroom which was surprisingly easy to locate, and Youngjae to the kitchen, whipping up breakfast for Mark and Jackson.