one.

the servant i fell for.

He woke up, only to find himself tied up in a dark, confined space. The rope slowly digging into his skin. He wanted to shout, but he couldn't for the Master wasn't stupid enough to not cover his mouth with a cloth.

"Ah, I see you're awake now," the Master the lights. "Good, we can commence "Operation: Black Mail" now." he chuckled while he whipped his handphone out, pressing on some buttons. 

Jackson impatiently waited as he heard a soft ringing tone from the phone, every second he tried his best to loosen the ropes but they kept on hurting the surface of his skin. 

"Ah, hello there. I'm pretty sure you know me, Mark Tuan, yes?," the Master -- or as Jackson now knew as Mark -- had such a cocky and boastful voice, the kind that irritated Jackson to his core. "It's nothing big. Anyways, I'm holding your son captive for now. That is, until you give me the sum of money you agreed to last month. Think this is a fraud? Just a moment," Mark lowered the phone so that it was facing Jackson.

Jackson made loads of sounds, struggling as he chewed the cloth. 

"I'm pretty sure that satisfied you, didn't it? Well, you can call all the police that you want, hire all the Mafia's that you can lay your hands on but know that it won't be enough. I'm not anywhere searcheable within your radius. Your son is safe with me, but you won't know where he is, try as hard as you might. For all you know, it might be too late," Mark let out a sinister laugh "So, it's in your best interest that you transfer the sum of three million dollars in my bank whenever you can. I'll be waiting." Mark smirked as he ended the call.

"Don't worry, we won't harm you as long as you don't try to escape." Mark turned back and headed straight to the door.

"We?," Jackson thought. "So does he have an army of guards in this house?!"

"Choi!," Mark shouted from the steps only to hear a faint "yes" being shout back. "Untie him. Oh, and serve him food too. If he can't or refuse to eat, I'd expect you to feed him! As long as he doesn't die. I'm going off to work."

As the minutes ticked by, Jackson grew even more uncomfortable. Having ropes ties around your hands and salivating because of some piece of cloth in between your mouth isn't something anyone would want to go through. 

"Come on ... Choi or whatever your name is." Jackson was screaming in his mind.

In came a man. "That's Choi, I suppose." Jackson thought while his eyes widened.

He looks much more friendlier than Mark did and he gives off a better vibe. On one hand he was carrying a tray full of tantalizing cuisines -- from well baked toast which he could scent through the aroma it was giving out, to well brewed coffee. He calmly made his way to Jackson, put the tray down on the nearby platform and cut of the ropes and the cloth.

"Here, eat up," Youngjae brought the tray closer to Jackson, sitting down and giving him a toast. "I hope your hands aren't temporarily disabled because of the ropes." He let out a warm chuckle.

"Y-Yeah.." Somehow, Jackson felt a little intimidated by his presence. Not because he was scary, but because he was too kind. "But, If I'm held captive ... why are you serving me food which looks like it's from a five-star cafe?" he took the toast from Youngjae's hand and devoured it like a hungry piglet.

Youngjae only managed to smile sheepishly, "Nah, my cooking isn't the best. Trust me, I've seen better."

Jackson didn't need to turn into Sherlock Holmes to analyze people. Youngjae was a really doubtful person, who always put himself down.

"N-No. It's actually really good. I mean, I've never tasted food as delicious as this without paying 10 bucks!" Jackson said in hopes of making Youngjae feel better.

A blush spread across Youngjae's face and Jackson was fast to notice it. In his few years cooking here for Mark, he has never heard a word of praise or at least encouragement in his cooking. It's the same old, "it's okay" or "tastes ordinary".

"I doubt Mark agrees. But anyway, why are you here again?" Youngjae said.

"I don't know. Money problems? Well, it really isn't a problem. Say, put it this way, someone's hungry for money. And I bet you a few more of those toasts that my father won't move a muscle to even come and find me." Jackson took a sip of the coffee. It was perfect, not too sweet and not too bitter. It was truly something he could label as perfect.

"You don't seem ... scared?" Youngjae raised a brow.

"Well, simply it's because I know I'm not going to get killed and because I know I'm going to grow fat on your cooking." Jackson stretched his arms.

This time, Youngjae actually laughed loudly. "Well ... If you insist. Here, get up," Youngjae reached a hand out to Jackson. "I'll show you around."

Jackson's stomach felt queasy and he had an ominious feeling about this. "Aren't the bunch of guards in tuxidos and sunglasses going to kill me?" Jackson took Youngjae's hand an stood up, dusting his pants and shirt.

"Guards? What guards? In case you didn't know, Mark is a pretty "forever alone" kind of person. I mean, the only ones in this big mansion is me and him." Youngjae led Jackson out of the room and into the main hall of the mansion.

The huge and intricately-designed glass chandelier hung from the dome-shaped ceiling.The walls were pristine white with some pictures being hung on it. A wide staircase which slowly widened when it reached the floor of the main hall, not to mention that there was literally a red carpet on the staircase. The second floor was as vast and big as the first. Jackson took some time to absorb his surroundings. How could only 2 people be living in here? That wasn't it, the kitchen, which was located past the staircase, was bigger than usual kitchens. It seemed like any first-timer could get lost in here! Then a voice interrupted him.

"So? Amazed?" Youngjae asked.

It would definitey take days to explore the whole interior of the mansion, let alone the exterior! 

"Where do we start our tour, Guide Choi?" Jackson smiled sheepishly.

"Call me Youngjae," he chuckled.