Unexpected Death

A Wolf and a Nymph

    

    I finished with Kai’s shirt. I walked with the dress I had made, that would fit Yuki perfectly, and went into my room. Yuki was sound asleep. I climbed into the and fell asleep with a storm of questions. I was the first to wake up the next day. I went and made a simple breakfast. Yuki came down and we ate together. Kai was still asleep, so I put food aside for him and clean the dishes.

 

    I was washing the dishes when Kai came in. He got the food that I had put aside from him. I continued doing the dishes without asking questions. Kai finished his food and gave me his dishes. He began to dry and put up the dishes that I have already washed.

 

    “What happened last night?” I asked

 

    “We were attacked last night. A messenger came and told us that if we didn’t give up Yuki then they would kill us off one by one.” Kai said

 

    “I see.” I said

 

    We spent the rest of the day in silence. Yuki played with her toys still upset about not being able to go back. I sat near her and began to think of ways I could make staying here not so bad for Yuki. I was thinking back to that female wolf that was on the couch the other day. I went to talk to Kai about her.

 

    “Hey who was that woman that was sitting on the couch when I first came to you.” I asked him.

 

    “Taeyon. She is Baekhyun’s mate. Why do you want to know?” Kai responded

 

    “I want to make staying here easier on Yuki.” I said

 

    “You want to know if they have a kid that can stay here with Yuki.” Kai said chuckling to himself.

 

    “Yeah I want to know if they kid that can be Yuki’s friend. It’s not something to be laughing about.” I said while walking back to Yuki.

 

    I made lunch a little while later. Kai had gone off to train. Yuki and I spent time playing with her toys. After a while we decided to take a bath together. Yuki played in the water while I watched her and laughed.

 

    Kai came back in time for dinner. He had some bruises and cuts. He sat down and we ate in silence. Yuki went to bed early and I was left with Kai. I cleaned the dishes and sat down at the table. Kai was sitting across from me.

 

    “They have a daughter that is a year older than Yuki. They said that she could come here and stay. “ Kai spoke

 

    I just nodded my head. We spoke to each very little. We decided to go to bed when a strange light appeared in the cave. I was mesmerized by it. I walked around it. It took the shape of a wolf. Kai stood there as if he was listening to it.

 

    “I have to go. Xiumin was attacked and is in critical condition.” Kai said as the light disappeared.

    

    “Take me with you.” I said

 

    Kai didn’t argue and together we teleported to the others. When we got there Xiumin was laying on a bed and the others were surrounding him. Kai and I stood next to his bed side. He was barely breathing and struggling to live.

 

    “I want you all to live on and not grieve over me. Fight with all your might to protect them. I have seen many things a known what it was like to love someone. Baekhyun promise me that you will send Taeyon and Wendy back with Kai and Ame. Don’t forget that I will always be with you and will be the snow that falls in winter.” Xiumin said

 

    “I promise.” Baekhyun said.

    

    Everyone was silent. Some had tears streaming down their faces other had a sad look in their eyes. Xiumin closed his eyes. We stayed there until he drew his last breath. We all left his side and went to the main room.


    Baekhyun went and got Taeyon and Wendy. He spoke briefly to them. They to us and we went back to Yuki. We all went to bed without a word. No one had expected for this to happen.