War Declared

A Wolf and a Nymph

    It had been a week since we were moved into the cave. Yuki had gain full control of her abilities, Kai still teleported in and out without a word, and I still got up and cooked the food. Life was good until Kai came back today.

 

    “I need to talk to you.” Kai said

    

    He roughly grabbed my arm and pulled me into his room away from Yuki.

 

    “What the hell is going on?!” I asked

 

    “The plan has changed. The dark pack will be attacking us on the night of the blood moon. That is in two weeks time. Suho has ordered everyone to train for battle. We are outnumbered, and they have the council on their side.” Kai said

 

    “What is the council?” I asked

 

    “The council is what keeps the balance between the packs and humans. The dark pack has convinced them that we have taken Yuki and are using her to create a hybrid army.” Kai said

 

    “Can’t we just go and convince the council that it isn’t true, that you’re trying to protect us?” I asked

 

    “No we have been declared as a reprobate.” Kai said

 

    “What does that mean?” I asked

 

    “It’s another way of saying outcast.” Kai said

 

    We stayed for a couple of minutes in silence. Yuki came in. She had tears in her eyes.

 

    “We are never going to be able to go back are we?” Yuki asked with tears in her eyes

 

    “No we’re not.” I whispered

 

    Yuki ran out and to our room. I could hear her crying from Kai’s room. Kai and I just looked at each other. I walked away and out to the center to pick up Yuki’s toys and put them in her toy box that she made.

 

    I went into the kitchen and began to cook dinner. It was quiet in the cave. I made kimchi fried rice. I called everyone for dinner. Yuki came down and sat at the table. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying.

 

    We ate in silence. Kai didn’t come to the table so I figured he was training. I put some of the food away for Kai. I cleaned the dishes. Yuki was in our room already asleep. I changed my clothes and was going to climb in bed when I heard a thud come from the main room.

 

    I went down to check what it was. I got there and I could Kai laying there bleeding. I ran to him and helped him up. I was able to carry him to the bath area. I took off his clothes and placed him gently into the water.

 

    I wiped as much of the blood of as I could. I could see were he had a cut mark on his back. Kai was barely conscious. I went and grabbed a towel and some clothes from his room. When I came back there was only a scar left from his wound.

 

    I dried and dressed Kai. I carried him to his room and laid him down on the bed. He fell asleep instantly. I went back to get his clothes. I washed them and surveyed the damaged. His shirt had a huge rip on the back and was unrepairable.


    I set to work on making something out of the shirt. I didn’t know what was going to come out of it.