Missing

A Wolf and a Nymph

    I woke up next to my sister. She was sleeping peacefully. I crawled out of bed as to not disturb her. i walked into the bathroom and took a shower. I got dressed and went to make breakfast. I ate in silence. I was cleaning my plate and the other dishes when I heard my sister coming down the stairs.

 

    “Morning Yuki.” I said while looking over my shoulder at her.

 

    “Morning Ame. What’s for breakfast?” Yuki asked

 

    “Trout and a mushroom salad.” I replied

 

    Yuki ate her breakfast and cleaned her plate. She went back upstairs to get ready for her school. Yuki and I were both nymphs. We lost our parents when we were young. Yuki was a tree nymph and I was a water nymph.

 

    Yuki came back downstairs with her things. We left and went to school. Yuki was going to be 12 soon. Yuki waved goodbye to me and I left. I worked at the local market. I could tell today was going to be a long day. I was on my lunch break when Yuki called me.

 

    “Hey Yuki what are you doing?” I asked

 

    “School got out early today so I’m home. I called to let you know I made it home and that I was going to be here when you get home.” Yuki replied

 

    “Ok, well I’m going to be working late today so go ahead and make yourself dinner. Don’t wait for me ok?” I asked

 

    “OK I will. I love you bye.” Yuki said

 

    “Love you too.” I said

 

    I hung up the phone and went back to work. The market was busy with people preparing for the fall festival. It was a yearly tradition. I remember my parents taking me when I was younger.

 

I always feel guilty at this time of year. Yuki never got to come with our parents. I made a promise to myself that I would always take Yuki every year unless she didn’t want to go.

 

    I finished working and gathered my things to go home.

 

    I got to our house and walked up the steps. Someone had broken the door into pieces.