Past

Chasing Hurricanes

Top and Seungri stood in front of the door that led into the bar. He stood there for a moment before turning to the younger, smiling.

“Let’s go.” He whispered placing his hand on the doorknob and twisting it. The door creaked upon opening as if signaling others a new criminal arrived to have fun. Top’s eyes stayed peeled as he looked around the bar, searching for that familiar face while Seungri was too busy trying to hide his fear. Never leaving the olders side, he watched as one set of eyes after another started to focus on the new guys.

Top never noticed. Never noticed the sets of eyes slowly focusing on them, watching their every move. Never noticed the music slowly turning down to a mumble. Never noticed that one set of eyes staring at him from across the bar. Not until a gun click was heard did his mind return out of it’s daze. He stopped dead in his tracks, feeling the barrel of a gun at the side of his head. He wanted to turn around to look at his attacker but grew too nervous. That was twice someone had pointed a gun to his head in the past few days. Twice his life had been saved.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” A female voice questioned as another click could be heard. The man beside him gulped but refused to budge his gun.

“This guy, he’s suspicious. He’s never been here before and he’s not a criminal. You can tell just by looking at him. He could be some cop for all we know.” The man tried to explain himself, only growing more nervous by the sudden silence. Minutes passed until the woman spoke once more.

“Put your ing gun down or die. Your choice.” She whispered and by now the entire bar grew silent. No one spoke. No music played. No one could be heard breathing. It was as if time had stopped for a second. The man didn’t budge and Top could hear the woman chuckle before a loud bang was heard echoing through the small bar. His eyes widened as a body hit the floor beside him; his own freezing. Nothing but his arm moved, which was involuntarily caused by Seungri shaking him back and forth.

“Anybody saw that?” The woman could be heard questioning and it was then that Top dared to look at his ‘hero’. His eyes widened and he couldn’t believe the figure that appeared standing beside him.

“No one saw anything. Just make sure to get rid of that” The bartender stated with a sigh as if it were normal.

“Throw it out back. I’ll have GD and Taeyang pick it up later.” She mumbled waving the gun back and forth before fastening it back to her hip.

“Riri…” Top whispered, louder that he had intended to and the girl stopped mid step. Seungri stared up at the older boy wide eyed and then at the girl.

“Who the hell do you think you are?” She questioned in a low tone.

“Riri...it can’t be...you can’t be Riri…” Top mumbled to himself unable to believe his eyes. It wasn’t right. The girl he left was sweet, kind hearted and would never hurt a fly. The girl before him just cold bloodedly killed a guy without hesitation or any second thoughts about it.

“Stop….” She mumbled under her breath. Her hands slowly tightened into two fists by her side. That voice, that nickname. She knew who he was. She knew from the first time she saw him. He was back and she hated every second of it.

“Riri-”

“Shut the up! Stop calling me that! My name is Ryu, understand? What the hell do you want from me?” She yelled as she stormed back toward him, grabbing his collar, tempted to pull a knife on the boy. Seungri’s eyes widened as he looked at the girl before him. Those eyes. Those green eyes.

“It really is you Riri…” Seungri whispered. Ryu glared at the boy before grabbing both of them by their wrists, dragging them outside the bar and leaving nothing but stares and confusion behind.

“Riri, what happened to you!” Top questioned as the trio stood outside the bar. Ryu released the boys and laughed as she took a few more steps away from them. Turning she found a concerned look on the eldest face while the youngests was covered with fear.

“What the hell do you mean what happened? What did you expect to happen after you left me to fend for myself? Do you have any clue what type of I went through after you left? It was the only choice I had. It was either this or get killed. Murder or be murdered. Grow strong or become a stepping stone for others. As you can see, I’m on top now. The big dog around here. Me and my crew that is.” She stated, laughing hysterically.

“Riri….” at this point, that was the only word he could muster.

“That’s not my name anymore. It’s Ryu. Call me by that childish name again and I’ll shoot your ing brains out.” Top shook his head as he stepped toward the girl with little success. Every step he took toward her, she backed up.

“You wouldn’t. You’re not some killer. Your kind, nice, sweet”

“You don’t know what I am.”

“Riri..” The word escaped his lips before he had a chance to rethink it. The gun slipped into her hands, pointed at his head before she could rethink it.

“You are nothing to me anymore. You left me when I needed you most. You were supposed to protect me. Protect me from the kids that decided it would be fun to see me suffer through school. The ones that laughed at me, beat the crap out of me until I passed out on the sidewalk somewhere. Until I couldn’t breathe anymore because I cried so much. Do you have any clue how many times I had to go to the hospital because of them? Protect me from my drunk dad after my mother died, who decided his entire life was a failure because of me and let me have it every ing night. He beat the out of me! Did you know that? That didn’t last long though. I took off, with no where to go, until I met my crew. You were supposed to protect me from all the evil in the world. Make me smile when I needed it most….but you didn’t. You left me here to die. That’s alright though. GD’s my brother now. My crew is my family. I don’t need you anymore so you can go back to wherever the hell you’ve been for all these years!”

The girl yelled from the top of her lungs as tears flooded down her cheeks. Her eyes were shut tightly and she shook her head, her hand shaking and her aim off.

“I’m sorry...I’m so so sorry Ri-Ryu. Please, please forgive me. I would have never left you in the first place if I didn’t have too. I’m sorry.” He pleaded with her, his voice slowly beginning to crack. He could feel his throat tightening as he tried his best to keep his tears in. He couldn’t handle seeing his best friend like this. Broken into a million pieces, glued back together with violence and drugs.

Looking back up at the boys before her she slowly shook her head, her vision blurred with tears.

“I don’t care. It’s to late.” Seungri could see his short life flashing before his eyes as he watched her steady the gun, pointing it back at them. Top’s eyes widened and he froze along with time itself as he watched the tears falling from her cheeks.

“You killed me and now, I’ll kill my past.”