All a game

Chasing Hurricanes

I don’t need you anymore

Hearing those words come from broke his heart. The little bit that was left was now shattered into a million pieces, scattered on the concrete floor before him. He looked into her eyes and found nothing. Absolutely nothing. The beautiful brown sparkling eyes he knew, he loved, had turned into black soulless ones. She was serious and he knew it. The gun in GD’s  hand would go off first, piercing straight through his skull while the others’ would follow in a matter of seconds but by time they hit, he wouldn’t even be able to feel them anymore. GD would kill him while the other’s would just shoot him or fun. It’s what they did. It’s what she did. Taking a deep breath he nodded and looked down at the ground.

“Seungri, we’re done here.” Top threw his hands up and slowly backed away from the gun. Backed away from the girl he thought he knew. Backed away from the hurricane he created. Seungri watched, keeping his gun pointed at the other boys head. GD didn’t move, watching Top’s every move.  

“But, if we leave now, what the hell was the point of us running around all day long?! She’s right in front of you!” Top took one last look at her and slowly shook his head.

“Can’t you see? That’s not Riri...Her name’s Ryu. Now let’s go.” After he put a nice distance between himself and GD, he dropped his hands and turned his back to them, walking off and leaving the girl behind. Seungri dropped the barrel of his gun and looked at the two crews. He sighed and took off after Top, joining his side. Ryu watched as the two walked off into the opposite direction, Seungri glancing back every now and then to look at the girl.

“Top...She was right there…” Top sighed as he clenched his fists by his side. He shook his head slowly again.

“Didn’t you hear her? She doesn’t need us anymore”

“So you’re just going to let her go? Just like that?”

“Are you stupid? Hell no. I’ll get her back...I need to get her back...I need to protect her. If it’s the last thing I do.” He started to mumble and Seungri could do nothing else but nod at the older boy.

Ryu turned around and smiled at 5zic.

“You’ve got my back. That’s good to know.” GD followed behind Ryu as she walked toward the leader of the other crew. He didn’t trust them, any of them but she had a point. He did have her back just now. 5zic smiled at her and nodded.

“Of course, you’d have my back if that would have been me, right?” Ryu nodded at the boy as she joined his side.

“How about we go inside now? I could use a cigar or two!” CL yelled from the back. Turning to look at her Ryu shook her head with a smile. The drunken girl had wrapped her arms around Creme’s neck, the boy smiling.

“I think she’s done for the night”

“Nah, give her a while and a cigar and she’ll be fine. Let’s go.” Everyone agreed as they followed Ryu and her crew inside the small broken down house. 5zic and his crew stood in awe as they entered the house, looking around at the interior. Ryu grinned proudly as she saw their faces.

“Not bad huh?” She questioned them as she let herself fall back onto the couch. Creme carefully helped CL into the bean bag chair while Ryu grabbed one of her cigars out of the drawer and threw it her way. Creme grinned as he watched the girl catch it with one hand.

“I guess you were right. If she caught that she’s good.” Ryu grinned and nodded as CL lit up the cigar, throwing the lighter back Ryu’s way.

“Don’t underestimate my crew. We’re on top for a reason” The boy nodded as he took a seat on the floor. GD dropped on the couch beside Ryu and grabbed one of the freshly rolled blunts and lit it up before passing it to Ryu. The girl grabbed it and smiled inhaling it deeply before blowing smoke back out. 5zic and his crew took their seats around the small hideout and joined in the laughter.

GD watched everyone closely as they acted their way to Ryu’s heart. He refused to trust their ‘new friends’. There was something off about them and usually he was right about things like that. He had no clue who they were or where they came from. Research needed to be done and what better place to do it then in the streets. GD stood to his feet and smiled down at Ryu.

“I’m out. I’ve got some stuff I need to take care of real quick.” Without questioning the boy Ryu nodded and watched as he walked over to Taeyang. Throwing the younger boy the proper ammo for his gun, GD made his way toward the door and walked out.

Taking a shortcut through the neighborhood he stopped and questioned a few people that looked like they would know something about 5zic and his crew. Minutes quickly turned to hours and eventually the boy lost all track of time. The sun had set on him and nothing but a few street lights guided his way now. Before he knew it he found himself in a part of town that was unfamiliar to him in the dark. He turned a few corners, took a few streets that seemed like shortcuts and finally ended in an abandoned alley.

“Damn. How the hell did I get this lost...…” He froze as he could hear footsteps slowly closing in on him. On instinct he put his hand to his gun just in case, and turned. His eyes widened as he looked into the face of a traitor. The boy smirked as he looked at GD, his gun already pointed at his chest. GD didn’t realize just how close he was until he turned to stand face to face with the man.

“What’s up?” GD’s stared at the man, fury in his eyes as he watched him smile directly in his face.

“You ” The man smirked at him, poking GD with the gun to his chest.

“Is that any way to talk to the guy that holds your life in his hands?” GD smiled and cocked his head to the side.

“You won’t get away with it”

“You think so? No one will ever suspect me. Plus, gotta start somewhere with getting rid of yall. Only one Top Dog? Yeah right. We’ll see about that” He smirked and within a few seconds, time stopped for three people.

GD’s world turned black, everything around him going in slow motion as he could feel the energy being drained out of his body. Dropping to the floor his breathing became almost non existent and he knew the dark alley and the guy running away would be the last thing he’d ever see.

Who would take care of Ruy now? Make sure the guy wouldn’t go after her next? Watch over her so she wouldn’t get herself killed? Tears trickled down the boys face as he found his voice long gone. He wanted to get up and chase after him. Shoot him and kill him. Make him drop to the floor or at least scream for help but he couldn’t do any of it. His life was slowly leaving him as he laid there motionless. It took everything he had and then some just to keep his eyes open, afraid if he’d close them he’d be dead.

He watched as the guy took off around the corner, turning back as he heard screaming and running faster as gun shots went off. Everything was blurry to GD, only being able to make out shadows now so maybe, he thought he was dreaming when someone came to pick him up. He was sure it was a dream when he recognized the stranger’s face. A very familiar face. A face he just pointed his own gun at a few hours earlier.

“Yah! GD! Don’t you dare pass out! Do you understand? You and Ryu are supposed to be on top, remember? You can’t let some low life piece of kill you off! Can you hear me?”

GD could hear every muffled word but was unable to respond. More tears fell down his cheek as he tried to figure out why this boy  was suddenly trying to save his life when he would have taken his any day without hesitation. GD blinked twice, trying to let him know that he understood and to his surprise, his rescuer understood what he meant. Nodding and smiling down at GD the boy took off his own shirt, leaving him in a wife beater, and held it to the wound, applying pressure to it. GD winced and finally a word escaped his mouth.

“...Top…”

Top looked down at him and shook his head.

“Don’t talk. Save your energy. You’ll need every bit of it later for him.” GD nodded slowly. Top looked down at the pool of blood on the floor. His clothes covered with the younger’s blood and his lifeless eyes staring back up at him. Top grew nervous. He had lost too much blood already, he didn’t know if there’d be a later for him. Trying his best to control his anger, Top reached into his pocket with his free hand and dialed for help.

“Hello, what is your emergency?”

 

Around the corner the man stood and watched everything slowly fall into place. What he didn’t expect though was Top to do what he did. He smiled as he walked away, reaching for his own phone.

“What? Is it done?”

 

“Yeah, it’s done. He’s on his last now. Give him maybe five minutes tops. Talking about Top, guess who showed up?”

 

“The little that almost got himself killed earlier?”

 

“Right. Which works in our favor. He’s got a gun with him and he's with GD right now. If Ryu finds them like that, what do you think will happen?”

 

“She’ll think he killed him. Nice. Where at?”

 

“Maybe three blocks away from y’all. Bring her here real quick and I’ll meet ya here. I’ll tell her I saw everything with my own eyes” He could hear laughing on the other side of the line.

 

“Gotcha. I knew I made you second in charge for something Creme. Good job. Now, let’s get the princess on our side and kill everyone off one by one. See ya in a minute.”