Riri!!

Chasing Hurricanes

“God I feel terrible….” A voice mumbled from a makeshift hammock across the room. Ryu had no intentions on moving anytime soon to check which one of her crewmates it was.

“Shut up and stop yelling.” Another growled back, walking into the front rubbing their forehead.

“GD, what the hell did you mix us up last night?” Ryu questioned with closed eyes from the couch. She could feel her heart pounding in her head and her stomach making flips. She breathed in and out but besides that, didn’t dare move afraid of what might happen if she did. The figure that had entered the room only minutes  earlier walked over to Ryu and let themselves fall next to her on the couch.

“I didn’t mix anything too bad. I know Vodka was in one, maybe some Rum too? I remember holding a bottle of Hpnotiq at one point too...some Hennessy? Smirnoff maybe?” The boy beside her mumbled and she realized it was GD.

“What the hell? Were you trying to kill us or something?” A female voice questioned.

“Calm down CL, you’re still alive aren’t ya?” He grinned, waving his hand into the opposite direction, eyes closed and dazed.

“Plus, she’s the one that didn’t want to remember anything” He finished. Letting his head fall onto her shoulder, Ryu threw her arm around his waist, making sure the older boy didn’t fall from the couch and smack onto the floor.

“Right, but I also didn’t want to wake up with this hangover either.” Ryu whined under her breath. GD smiled.

“Well, if you didn’t want to remember anything and also didn’t want a hangover, you should have just smoked a few blunts. That should have done the trick.” Ryu shook her head before placing it on his chest.

“Not as good as this though.” GD snickered.

“Yeah, you’re right. When you have too much on your mind, drink your problems away.” He mumbled before nothing else could be heard from him. The entire place went dead silent again, and this was the first time Ryu pried her eyes open. She smiled as she looked around the room. The mumbling voice from the hammock was Taeyang. CL had been laying in the bean bag chair and Daesung couldn’t have found a better place than the middle of the floor. Everyone had fallen asleep again, as if neither of them had ever woken up in the first place. Ryu sighed before closing her eyes again.

“Drink my problems away. I really hope that works this time.”

 

 


 

 

Staring up at the ceiling of his new bedroom, Seunghyun found himself trapped in his thoughts as he folded his arms behind his head. The sun was barely in the sky but it’s not like he was paying attention to something like that at the moment anywho. His mind was focused on one thing only.

The girl.

Short black hair, black bandanna, black hooded jacket...none of it matched the girl in suspicion but that voice.

That was a voice he would never be able to forget, whether it had been 2 years or 18. It was a soft voice like no other that rang through his head over and over again like a broken record.

“DON’T HURT HIM”

Millions of questions ran through his mind the more he thought about her.

Was it really his Riri? And if so, did she realize who he was? Is that why she told them not to hurt him? Did she miss him? Did she ever forgive him? But the one question that repeated itself was

“What happened to her?” He mumbled to himself his gaze never leaving the white popcorn ceiling.

“Who are you talking about Seunghyun?” A female voice questioned. Startled by the new voice he spun his head into it’s direction. He smiled a little as the figure came closer, holding a plate in their hand.

“Nobody grandma. I was just thinking out loud.” He stated and the woman smiled at him, setting the plate on the soft bed beside him.

“You look worried about something. Are you still thinking about yesterday?” The elderly woman asked.

“Ani. We told the police everything we knew. 5 people. 3 male and 2 female. That’s it.”

It was a lie. He remembered their faces and features all too well.

The girl with the bandanna tied around and long brown hair, one of her bangs swept to the left of her face.

The boy whom he held as a hostage, black bandanna, blonde braids and quite muscular with a rather ty attitude.

The one behind him holding a gun to the back of his head, bandanna covering his mouth, braids, and an even worse attitude. Ready to blow his brains out.

The guy at the front door, the one that warned them was the only one he didn’t get a good look at.

And lastly the girl. The one that had been clouding his mind ever since he heard her voice. The one he knew he’d be able to describe down to the color of her eyes and maybe, just maybe even name her.  Ryu.

 His grandmother hummed in response.

“I just think it would have been more useful to them if we had given them a description.”

“Yeah, maybe, but….I really don’t remember what they looked like and I know you were too much in shock to remember anything useful. It’ll be fine grandma. I doubt they’ll show up here again.”

“Come on Ryu, we have to get out of here! Don’t just ing stand there!”

He didn’t know why but something inside him hindered him from telling the police just who they were.

‘If that was really her….I’ll find her before them….I’ll straighten this out on my own. Without any ‘help’ from the police.’

“Well, I made you a few cookies. I’m sure the police will find them in no time so please stop worrying. Okay?” She questioned before turning toward the bedroom door. Top’s gaze returned to the ceiling and he hummed in response. The door clicked shut and he knew he was alone again, left to his wandering mind once more.

“Damn it Riri…..what happened to you….and who were those people….just how much trouble are you in…..”