Welcome Home

Chasing Hurricanes

Within the last few hours the crew had made their way to their next target. Ryu and GD went over the plan as they crouched outside the old woman’s living room window, making sure to stay undetected.

“Me and Taeyang will go through the back door, sneak inside and go upstairs, look for anything valuable and throw it in a bag. Daesung is the lookout so he’ll stay at the front. You and CL will go through the front door and keep her hostage or kill her, hell if I care. If you kill her, be careful Ryu, you know the deal. Wouldn’t be the first time you killed someone. Anyway, we get the stuff and get out. Got it?”

GD mumbled through the bandana that covered his mouth. The crew smiled brightly and Ryu nodded at him.

“Let’s do this”

Pulling the bandana over she fixed her hood and the three of them snuck under the window and to the front door. Finding it locked, CL knelt down before it. She undid her hair and pulled a bobby pin out, picking at the lock until a small click could be heard. Ryu looked down at CL and the girls nodded at each other. Standing up, CL lead the way inside the house followed by Ryu and leaving Daesung at the door to keep watch.

The elderly woman stood to her feet as fast as she could, eyes wide as the girls entered straight through her front door and into her living room.

“Who are you? What do you want from me?” She started to panic as they crept closer. Every step forward they took the woman backed up, until Ryu spoke up pointing the automatic pistol at her head.

"Stand still you old hag. Take one step closer toward that kitchen and I swear I’ll blow your brains out, .” She mumbled, annoyed.

The woman's eyes widened but she stopped, freezing in her spot.

“W-What do you want from me?”

She questioned, afraid for her life. She didn’t want to end up saying the wrong thing and have a bullet to her head be the end effect of her questioning.

Ryu grinned brightly under the bandana but that grin faded just as quick as a figure appeared from the back. A figure that wasn’t supposed to be there. A figure that wasn’t part of anyone’s calculations.

“Grandma, are you okay out here? I found this guy sneaking through your-” The male stopped as he walked into the room, finding his sweet grandmother aligned with the barell of a gun.

Ryu stared at the tall blonde, frozen as if her feet suddenly stopped working and her mind along with it.

The guy before her held GD with his arm twisted behind his back leaving him unable to move and his gun pointed at his head, just in case he did try to escape.

Ryu stared the boy up and down. Tall, blonde, muscular, deep voice, and brown eyes. Those eyes. She knew those eyes.

“YAH! ! Stop pulling on my arm before you break it! !” GD yelled as the boy tightened his grip on the younger and breaking Ryu’s daze from him.

The boy’s eyes widened and in a split second his expression changed from angry to afraid as he felt the barrel of another gun being pushed to the back of his head. He gulped.

“Wanna let my little friend go?” A voice mumbled and Ryu peeked behind the taller man. There stood Taeyang, holding one of his guns to the back of the olders head.

The elderly woman panicked and a few tears rolled down her cheek. For the first time ever, Ryu felt like a small child again, not knowing what she should do. Should she just shoot them both and call it a done deal?

“Or what?” The boy suddenly stated a sly grin on his face. Taeyang tilted his head and cocked his gun.

“Are you sure you want to find out?” He threatened and Ryu shook her head.

“Guys! We have to go, now! One of her neighbors just called the cops!” A voice could be heard coming from the front.

“.” CL mumbled pointing her gun at the boy.

“Let him go or you’re dead!” She threatened him, only receiving a smirk in return.

“We got what we came for, we don’t want to kill anyone tonight but we will if we have to.” Taeyang stated calmly.

“ this! Just shoot him!” CL finally yelled waving her own gun back and forth.

“DON’T HURT HIM!” Ryu yelled lowering her gun. The boy froze as he looked at the hooded girl. His eyes widened, along with everyone else’s.

That voice. He knew that voice. It’s one he would never forget for as long as he lived but this girl before him, he didn’t know. It couldn’t be. Not in a million years.

“What?” CL questioned as she eyed their leader for a moment.

Ryu froze. Nothing else came out after that. The boy’s grip on GD loosened as he stared at the girl before him and GD sought the opportunity to wiggle his way out, elbowing the other boy in his ribs. He fell to his knees grabbing his side but his gaze never wavered from the girl.

“Come on Ryu, we have to get out of here! Don’t just ing stand there!” GD yelled as he passed by her, grabbing her hand and running out of the front door while the rest of the crew followed close behind. She stared at the boy on the floor until he was out of sight and police sirens could be heard.

“Seunghyun...are you okay?” The elderly woman asked as she bent down to help her grandson stand. He winced in pain and quickly fell back to the floor.

“You have to go to the hospital and get that checked out and we have to figure out who they were so we can…..”

He heard her but he didn’t listen anymore. Top sat there, staring out of the open front door, his eyes searching for any remnants of her.

“Ryu...It can’t be….it couldn’t possibly be….but that voice….” His mind wandered as he stared at everything and nothing.

His mind took him back to the hooded girl staring right at him. That pleading voice to ‘not hurt him’. Why did this girl go against her crew, even if just for a split second, to protect someone she didn’t know? Or did she?

It hurt. It hurt to think about her. Hurt to think that the girl with the bandana and the gun pointed at an old woman was her. Hurt to think that, the sweet innocent girl he left behind had turned into….her. It wasn’t possible. It couldn’t have been.

“Riri….”

“Ryu! What the hell was that about back there?” Taeyang yelled but Ryu didn’t answer. Instead, she trailed behind the crew, her mind still back at the house.

“He’s right. What were you trying to pull back there! We could have gotten caught!” CL continued.

It was him...why is he here….

“We got everything we went for but still, that was too close” Daesung

What the actual hell is he doing here? He left...18 years ago….why did he come back? Why now?

“RYU!” GD finally yelled as he noticed the girl hadn’t paid attention to either of them. Ryu’s head shot up and she turned to face the older boy.

“Why did you go against us.” He questioned. His eyes became dark, angry. He made her feel like a child that was being punished by her father for doing something unforgivable. Taking a deep breath she stepped up her pace, leaving them behind her now.

“I didn’t become the leader of this gang by being a small stupid kid that gets easily intimidated. !”  She thought as she gathered the last bit of her courage.

“First, who the hell do you guys think you’re yelling at? Did you forget who I am, huh? I am the leader of this in crew so show me some damn respect. Without me, you’d all be in jail right now and second, I think that’s still my decision on who we do and don’t kill. You’re perfectly ing capable of getting yourself out of a situation like that, otherwise I would have been dropped you. Now stop complaining and start celebrating. Taeyang got everything valuable out of the house and we got away, yet again.” She half yelled back at them, making everyone shut up. As only her own set of footsteps could be heard she turned around and found the rest had stopped dead in their tracks.

“What now? Get your asses moving!” She yelled and their eyes widened. Taeyang, Daesung and CL hurried ahead of her while GD joined her side a sly grin crossing his face.

“Now that’s the Ryu I know. Don’t ever make me doubt you again, got that?” He questioned throwing his arm around her shoulder. She smiled and nodded up at him.

“Ya know, I really wouldn’t mind forgetting this entire day ever happened.” GD grinned as he poked her cheek.

“I have the perfect drink for that.” He whispered before turning to look at the crew ahead of them. Grinning he threw his hand into the air, pointing at the sky.

“Bottoms up! Tonight I’m fixing drinks so don’t expect to remember today tomorrow morning!” Ryu grinned as the crew turned around and threw their hands into the air, following GD’s lead as they all chorused.

“Bottoms up!”