Revealing his fears

The unexpected guest (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A couple of days later Jaehwan once again was on his way home from work. The sun was hidden behind dark clouds and the air smelled of rain. Bad weather was not far away and the model hoped that he would be able to reach home before the sky opened up. He didn’t really like to get drenched as wet clothes wasn’t really that comfortable.

He had been annoyed most of the day because it had started with his stylist sending him to the hair dresser. She had told him that his hair was too long and that he needed another hair colour. What had been wrong with brown? And his new colour wasn’t really far from the old one. Most of it was darker, but the outer layer had gotten a sand-collared greyish-brown tone. Easy to say, he didn’t like it, not one bit.

Lost in thought about how the day had escalated downwards the later it had become had him miss the first drops of rain until one hit him on the nose. A groan slipped his full lips and he quickened his pace, already seeing the mansion coming up close. Maybe he could still make it inside before the heavy fall.

The second the model slipped inside he could hear the rain hit the ground hard and fast. He closed the door behind him and soon had his arms full of a certain read head.

“What did they do to your hair?” The hybrid asked curiously and lifted a hand to thread through Jaehwan’s soft locks.

“They decided to dye it. It’s not much different from before but I liked the other brown better,” the model complained with a small huff as he toed off his shoes without letting go of the other.

Wonsik nodded at that and kept playing with the older’s hair. It did look good on Jaehwan though, even though the hybrid found it strange to change colour. His own hair was naturally red even though he was often asked where he got it so stylishly red the few times someone actually noticed him.

He looked up at the model just slightly and noticed that there was a frown on the otherwise flawless face.

“Is something wrong?” He asked softly.

“I think there’s a storm coming. A thunderstorm.” Was the reply he got.

A look of disbelief crossed the younger’s face and Jaehwan chuckled slightly at it.

“Scared of thunder?” He asked in a playful but teasing tone, though feeling bad as the cat actually did look away while biting his lip, “I’m sorry Wonnie, it’s okay to be scared.”

The hybrid just nodded slowly and pulled away from the other and turned to go somewhere else.

A soft sigh slipped the model’s lips as he followed the younger through the hallways. He realized after a little while that they were headed towards the kitchen. How he hadn’t understood that from the beginning was something he couldn’t really comprehend seeing as he had lived in this mansion for his whole life. But there was something about the hybrid that had him spacing out and not really looking at his surroundings. He was starting to wonder what that might be but pushed the thoughts away when he almost walked in to the other who had stopped dead in his tracks just a few meters away from the opening to the kitchen.

“Wonsik? Is there something wrong?” He asked the hybrid softly and placed a hand on the younger’s shoulder.

He only got a startled shrug before the shorter walked in to the kitchen. Jaehwan was getting troubled because Wonsik wasn’t talking to him at the moment. He had probably screwed up royally and was wondering how he could possibly fix it without knowing what it was.

There were no cooks

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter