Chapter 2: The Audition

Beautiful Mistake

Kiari’s POV

The Next Day~

 

I woke up and it was 10:30 am I decided to lay on the comfortable bed of the hotel for 30 more minutes. It was now 11am so I got up I washed my self up and got dressed. I was wearing a cute over sized sweater with a black sando under since it shows my shoulders. I was wearing a black skirt that reached above my knees, black stockings and gray flat boots. My hair was the normal jut plain straight. I went out of the hotel building with my ipod on and earphones on my ears so that I could pick a song that I want to sing at the audition later. I decided that I would eat first so she went inside a café and ordered a smoothie and a ham and cheese sandwich and when it came I ate the ham and cheese and drinking my smoothie a certain song then played in my ipod and it was “Catch my Breath” by Kelly Clarkson.

I loved the song and made a choice that I would sing that to the audition. I then memorized the lyrics while eating my meal and when I finished it was already 12pm and the audition was just and hour away. I payed and went out of the café and decided to go to the agency building first so that I would just waste time by going to the stores just near it and when I got there the building was huge but it was not that big for me since I used to live in a mansion since my idiotic father was super rich in the business world.  Then I noticed a crowd in front of the building a huge crowd of screaming girls.

I then made my way to the crowd and then asked one of the girls “ Um excuse me but can you tell me what is going on?” with a curious expression on my face. She then turned to me and said “ Teentop is here! And they are going to be the one of the judges for the daily audition today!” My eyes widen ‘ they were gonna be the judge today! Ahhhh’

I then thanked her and then walked away from the crowd to calm myself from the pressure but that’s alright since I’m Kiari Sukita after everything I’ve been trough all my life, I won’t get held back by a boy group now. Before I knew it, it was only ten more minutes to 1pm so I decided to walk back to the building and when I got there they opened the doors already and all those fangirls outside came running inside and when they were all gone, I made my way in and to my surprise, almost all of the room was white and I made my way to the counter where the other fangirls were lining up and got my number and I filled up the application and submitted my song choice as I seated waiting for my turn and I was one of the last.

As I was waiting I saw the other contestants and I found out that they were gonna do the singing audition in the recording studio and that relieved me since I had headphones where I can feel like it was just myself. There were at least 200 of us and I was 193 and as I watched them I also found out that if they liked the way you sing then they would let you finish the song but if it was awful they would cut it and ask you to go back to your seats. Not to boast or anything but I think almost all of the other participants were just here to see Teentop because all of them were awful but no offense tough they tried hard but it was just not good enough. It was participant number 167 and I could see that Teentop was already getting sick of the audition but they continued anyway. It was then contestant 189 now it was close to me already.

After awhile “ Participant number 193, Kiari Sukita singing “ Catch My Breath by Kelly Clarkson” please go inside the recording studio”. Everyone’s eyes widen in shock even Teentop and the other judges because the song was hard to sing but I can do it so I made my way inside the recording studio and put the headset on and then they asked me if I was ready and then I looked outside only to see Niel and some of the other members of Teentop with a shocked yet curious expression so I guess they still remember me. I then raised my thumb saying yes and they counted 1..2..3 and the music started playing I moved one of the headphones out of my other ear so that I could hear myself. Then it started…

 

I don't wanna be left behind
Distance was a friend of mine
Catching breath in a web of lies
I've spent most of my life
Riding waves, playing acrobat
Shadowboxing the other half
Learning how to react
I've spent most of my time


By this time all the attention was on me as I sang it easily and I was smiling and I opened my eyes only to see the girls whispering and the judges were smiling as I sang more. And they weren’t stopping me anytime now.


Catching my breath, letting it go, turning my cheek for the sake of the show
Now that you know, this is my life, I won't be told it's supposed to be right

Catch my breath, no one can hold me back, I ain't got time for that
Catch my breath, won't let them get me down, it's all so simple now

Addicted to the love I found
Heavy heart, now a weightless cloud
Making time for the ones that count
I'll spend the rest of my time
Laughing hard with the windows down
Leaving footprints all over town
Keeping faith kinda comes around
I'll spent the rest of my life

 

I opened my eyes again and looked at everyone and saw Niel smirking at me as I continued and since I really felt the music my head was moving and my hands as I ruffled my hair.

Catching my breath, letting it go, turning my cheek for the sake of the show
Now that you know, this is my life, I won't be told it's supposed to be right

Catch my breath, no one can hold me back, I ain't got time for that
Catch my breath, won't let them get me down, it's all so simple now

You helped me see
The beauty in everything

Catching my breath, letting it go, turning my cheek for the sake of the show
Now that you know, this is my life, I won't be told it's supposed to be right

Catching my breath, letting it go, turning my cheek for the sake of this show
Now that you know, this is my life, I won't be told what's supposed to be right

Catch my breath!


Catch my breath, no one can hold me back, I ain't got time for that
Catch my breath, won't let them get me down, it's all so simple now (it's all so simple now!)

Catching my breath, letting it go, turning my cheek for the sake of the show
Now that you know, this is my life, I won't be told it's supposed to be right

Catch my breath, no one can hold me back, I ain't got time for that
Catch my breath, won't let them get me down, it's all so simple now.

 

 

It was done now and I finished with a smirk on my face. I saw the judges stand up smiling and clapping at me. That was easy and I’m gonna surprise them more after the audition. I bowed and then went back to my seat and I could feel the fangirls glaring daggers at me again. It was only a little time until the audition finished and then the judges deliberated as the participants were silent.  The judges then stood up from their stools and the one to hold the mic was Niel and he started “ Today, unfortunately there is only one person who passed the audition and this participant blew us away and this participant will start training under the name of Top Media starting tomorrow.” He said and with that statement I lost all hope and knew it was not me so I just sat there quietly and waited for the result as Niel spoke again

       “ And that participant is participant number 1…9…3!! Kiari Sukita, Congratulations!” My head shot up with wide eyes it was me! Ahh! They then invited me infront and everyone clapped their hands for me but I knew that they were just forced to seeing as they were glaring at me. I was then token to a office with Teentop and a beautiful woman that was in business attire and her hair tied into a neat bun she had pale skin and she was very tall maybe 1ft. taller than me.

I looked back and I saw the members of Teentop smirking at me and Niel looked at me and smirked at me. I then returned a smile and turned back. The woman then spoke and said “ Welcome to the Family Kiari, I am the Vice President of the agency and I am the Daughter of the president and owner. Since we saw how good you are at singing and killed that song easily we decided that you will start training at once and you will debut in no time without the other tests. And you will start training tomorrow under our coaches and you will live in the dorms, I am Kiya Kim.” She held out her hand and I shaked it and said with a smile “ Kiari Sukita” she smiled and spoke once more “ I’m Sure that you have met Teentop as I heard you bumped into them in the airport”

I nodded and turned to look at them and they looked at me and one of them held up his hand he had black hair with blue highlights “ CAP” he said and I shook his hand and smiled. Then the one beside him held out his hand and said “ Changjo “ he had light brown hair with red highlights I then did the same thing I did with CAP and then another one and he had blonde hair with pink highlights “ L.Joe” he said and I did the same thing. Then it was a guy with plane black hair and had a Mohawk cut and said “ Ricky” and I did the same thing. Then a guy with brown hair with purple highlights came up with a smirk on his face and said “ Chunji” and I smiled and shook his hand. Then last but not the least a guy with plain light brown hair came to me I already knew all of them especially him but they greeted me “ Niel “ he said and I shook his hand smiled and said “ Kiari”. Kiya then spoke again and said “ Kiari, tomorrow after your training which will be done at 12pm to 5 pm you will move to the dorms so please pack your things already.” She said and I nodded with a smile and I said “ I will and Thank You” she smiled and said “ you are dismissed “ and I left the office and went back to my hotel to pack my things, eat, shower and then sleep.