E

I'm Yours

“You owe me a secret, noona. I demand you to spill it out to me soon.” Yoseob said, pouting. Both Yoseob and you had arrived at their home after having ice cream party with Joon earlier.

You threw your body on the sofa. “What secret?”

“You and Joon hyung. How is that even possible for you to be so CLOSE like that?” Yoseob emphasized the word “close” so you would feel how important it was to tell him.

“Aren’t you happy that finally we’re getting along?”

“Of course!” he clasped his hands in excitement. “That’s one of the things I’ve been wanting to happen.”

“Just shut up, will you?” you got up then walked to your room, not noticing a small smile on your little brother’s face.

 

~~~

 

“I’M GOING FIRST, LITTLE MONSTER!” you shouted, brushing off your skirt then closed your front door behind you. You let out a gasp as Joon suddenly appeared in front of your gate. “Geez! You scared me!”

He just chuckled and you felt your lips form into a small smile but you quickly held it back.

“What do you want, Changsun?”

He linked arms with you and smiled like a child. “Let’s go to school together.”

You gave him your death glare but he had already dragged you with him. You looked around in case Jaekyung was stalking you two, but in fact she was nowhere in sight.

“Changsun--“ you tried to pull your arm away.

“Call me ‘Joon oppa’.”

“HA!” you scoffed. “You wish. I will never call you ‘Joon’ or even worse ‘Joon oppa’.”

He turned his head to you and smiled again. “Nevermind, then.”

You suddenly felt all giddy inside but you bit your lower lip, not wanting Joon to notice it. You agreed that it was weird to see Joon all smiling to you but you just let it happen. You cleared your throat and walked in rhythm with Joon hand in hand. Actually, you felt somehow happy about the fact that you were Joon’s “girlfriend” but you didn’t want anyone to realize it. Who wouldn’t be happy being a girlfriend of the kingka of the school? You were still a girl, though. But when the thought of Joon beating your score in all the subjects came to your mind, you couldn’t help but want to beat him up or send him to hell.

“Good morning, Joon oppa!”

“Oppa is so handsome today~”

“Morning, oppa~ Oh! Morning, Yoojin eonni.”

A group of girls, Joon’s fangirls perhaps, greeted Joon and you as you two entered the school’s hallway. As usual, Joon flashed them his sweet smile and they all cheered in happiness. You rolled your eyes, knowing that some of those girls actually hated you behind Joon’s back. You realized that Joon was still linking his arm with yours and you wanted to pull it away but he didn’t let you to.

“Good morning, hyung, noona.” a voice came from behind as you felt someone throw their arms over your and Joon’s neck. You turned your head and saw that it was Mir.

You smiled at him. “Morning, Mir. You look handsome today.”

“I always look handsome every day, noona.”

You heard Joon scoff at Mir’s sentence and you flicked his forehead in reflex.

“Yah! What was that for?” Joon rubbed the spot you hit with his free hand and frowned, earning another flick from you. “YAH!”

You let out a giggle and ruffled Joon’s hair. Realizing what you were doing, you quickly pulled your hand away from Joon’s hair and looked away in embarrassment.

“Soooooooo… I see you two are so cute together.” Mir stated. “Ah~ I also want to have a girlfriend and have a relationship like yours, hyung.”

You stomped on Mir’s foot and walked away, leaving the two handsome guys behind. You heard Joon shout your name a few times but you just ignored it. You entered your class and sat on your usual seat by the window. Your eyes caught the presence of someone who was familiar to you. You squinted your eyes and they got bigger two seconds after that. Your heart thumped loudly and you felt cold beads start forming on your forehead.

Kevin suddenly looked up and his eyes met with yours. He flashed you his angelic smile. For a moment you wanted to just melt in your spot and disappear but you knew it was impossible.

“Good morning, Yoojin.” your tablemate, Nana, sat next to you and noticed that you were staring below. “What’s wrong?”

You didn’t answer. She followed your gaze and let out a gasp. “Kevin oppa is looking at you! That bastard. He better not to flirt with you anymore since he has a girlfriend already and you have one as well.”

You gave her a weak smile and sighed. A picture of him kissing another girl in the hallway a few days ago came to your mind and you felt a sharp pang in your heart.

“What’s wrong, Yoojin?” Nana asked, worried.

“Nothing.” you shook your head no. Nana was not only your tablemate but also your best friend. She knew almost every detail of you and vice versa. “I just… I can’t--“

“Oh c’mon!” Nana cut you off. “You have Joon now. You have the hottest boy ever~”

You rolled your eyes in return.

“Yah. Tell me how it happened.” she nudged you playfully. “How was the confession? Who did it first?”

That was right. You didn’t tell anyone that your relationship with Joon was a lie, not even your best friend. “Wha--“

“As far as I know, you two are never easy to each other. You two always fight, right? You know what fight I mean.”

Your cheeks were a bit red unknowingly and you tried to cover it by pouting. “Ask Changsun.”

As if on cue, Joon appeared in your class a second after you said his name. You were about to greet him since you’re his ‘girlfriend’ but seeing his serious face made you burry your will.

“Yah. What’s wrong with your boyfriend? Did you two fight this morning?” Nana whispered in your ear.

You just shrugged your shoulders. You were clueless. Where did the cheerful Joon go?

 

~~~

 

“Yoojin! Over here!” Junhyung brought his hand up in the air and waved it. You made your way towards his table and plopped yourself down right beside him. You looked around, searching for a figure to be exact. “Who are you looking for?”

“Oh. Nobody.” you lied. Actually, you were searching for Joon. Ever since Joon got to class this morning, he had been acting weird. He looked over serious, more like a living statue, and didn’t tease you even a bit.

“Is it Joon?” Junhyung asked, stuffing a spoon of rice into his mouth.

“Eh? Of course no.” you quickly lied again.

“If you’re looking for him, I saw him walking out from this building with Jaekyung a few minutes ago.” he took a piece of kimchi with his chopstick and put it in his mouth. “Mm… This is so yummy!”

You felt your heart sink as you heard what Junhyung had said. You mentally frowned. You were just Joon’s fake girlfriend, so why was it bothering you knowing that he was out with another girl?