B

I'm Yours

Joon arrived at your table. “Yah! Where were you?”

You creased your forehead because you didn’t get it. Why was Joon angry with you? “What--“

Before you could finish it, he shifted his gaze to Mir. “Bang Cheolyong, did you ask her to ditch class?”

“No, hyung. No.” Mir quickly shook his head while waving his hands no. “Noona fain--“

You stepped on Mir’s feet before he completed his sentence. You glared at him, giving a signal for him to shut up. You glanced over at the big clock hanging on the wall and realized it was still P.E time. “And why are you here, Lee Changsun? Shouldn’t you do running test now?”

Joon sat next to Mir and pulled out his phone. “No decent rival.”

You saw him texting someone and you felt the urge to ask about the message since he looked so annoyed again. You were about to open your mouth but Mir beat you to do that.

“Jikyung noona again, hyung?”

“Yeah.” Joon put his phone down and messed his dark brown hair, frustrated. “Things are getting complicated.”

“How complicated is it?”

Joon didn’t answer. He just sighed and wiped his handsome face with his hand.

You tried to register their short convo in your smart brain. Jikyung? As in… Kim Jaekyung? The ‘It Girl’ from DSP High School?

You had heard about Joon having a relationship with Jikyung but you thought it was just a rumor. You never asked him about the truth since you two were never ‘good’. Asking about that to him would only light a fire between you two.

“Hyung, why don’t you tell your parents that you don’t want to--“

Joon hissed while rubbing his temples. “Bang Cheolyong, can you just shut up?”

“O-- Okay, hyung.” Mir bit his lip, looked guilty.

You were totally confused now. You felt out of place. You really wanted to ask about what was happening but you were sure Joon would never let you know. Shrugging it off, you stood up and excused yourself to Mir and went back to your class, getting ready to go home.

 

~~~

 

The next morning, you accidentally bumped onto Joon on your way to the library. You fell flat on your and the books you were holding scattered around you.

“Yah! Watch where you’re going, duh.” Joon said in a harsh tone.

You rolled your eyes and picked your books up. “Yeah. I’m sorry.”

“If you want to apologize to someone, at least you have to look at that person’s face. Ara?”

You stood up, holding all the books with your left arm. You faced him and forced a smile. “Okay. Mianhae, Changsun. Satisfied? Now if you don’t mind, please excuse me.”

You didn’t wait for Joon to say anything, you just left him like what you usually did. As you were about to round the corner, you saw Kim Jiyeop (Kevin), your crush, kissing with a girl who happened to be your classmate. You were speechless. Your heart broke into pieces. You’d been liking him ever since your first class with him in the second grade of high school and all this time you thought he was single or had nobody he loved.

You didn’t move until someone suddenly grabbed your wrist and pulled you back so you couldn’t see Kevin anymore.

“Yah! Is that how you apologize?” it was Joon.

You kept your head down as you felt tears were starting to form in your eyes. Your body was trembling as you tried to bottle your emotions up. Yes, you could fight, you could be stubborn as ever, but when it was about heart… you were so weak. Kevin was your first crush and you thought you could make him fall for you with everything you had.

“Yah Yang Yoojin, I’m talking to you right now.” Joon squeezed your wrist but you still kept your head down. “You’re not deaf, aren’t you?”

You were still silent. Joon’s words about apologizing didn’t even knock your brain. The kissing scene you saw earlier had totally ruined your mind.

Finally, a single tear rolled down on your cheek and Joon noticed it. He brought his hand to lift your chin up so he could clearly see your face. “You’re crying because I’m angry with you? Oh c’mon!”

You wanted to yell at him for not understanding the situation but you were too occupied with your broken heart. This was your first time to know how it feels to have a broken heart and you swore in your mind that you didn’t want to fall in love again knowing it would be so painful if you couldn’t be with the person you loved.

Without saying anything, Joon dragged you to the school’s backyard and told you to sit down on one of the benches. “Stop crying. I don’t want to be blamed for making you cry.”

You wanted to, but you couldn’t. You just kept on crying. You didn’t care about your reputation in Joon’s eyes anymore.

“Fine, woman. Go cry your eyes out. I’m leaving.”

Joon left you alone on the bench. After a while, you took a deep breath to stop crying and you succeed. You wiped away the tears on your cheeks and looked around, only to find Junhyung leaning against the nearby tree. Junhyung was your junior but actually he was at the same age with you. You started schooling faster than him by a year.

“You were there all the time?” you asked, a bit embarrassed.

“No.” he smirked and walked closer to you. “Why would I?”

“I don’t know.” you finally let out a soft laugh. You moved aside so he could sit next to you on the bench. Chuckling, you wiped your tears stained cheeks. “Please don’t tell Yoseob about this.”

Junhyung leaned on the backrest of the bench and smirked. “May I know why?”

“Because he will be so freaked out, duh. You know how he is, right?”

He just laughed. Of course he knew, they had been friends ever since elementary school. “Yoojin-ah, do you still want to do part time job?”

Your eyes widened in excitement as Junhyung’s words entered your ears. After your parents died, your income was only from your auntie and even though she was drop dead rich, you knew sometimes you couldn’t always ask for money to her so you had to look for a part time job. You looked at Junhyung and nodded your head rapidly. “Yes! Yes! Yes!”

“Well, my little sister’s friend needs a private teacher to teach him math so I was wondering if--“

“I will take that chance!” you cut him off. You were so happy right now.

“Alright. I’ll tell my little sister later.”

You smiled ear to ear. “Thank you, Junnie! Thank you!”

“Yah. Stop calling me Junnie.” he pouted and looked away.

Your hands went to pinch his cheeks in reflex. “Aww~ You look cute when you pout.”

“Yah!”

You laughed and continued teasing him. You had totally forgotten about what happened earlier. All thanks to Yong Junhyung.

 

~~~

 

You twirled around in front of your body length mirror in your room and smiled in satisfaction. You looked decent. You were ready to be a private teacher tonight. Junhyung had called you this evening saying he would pick you up since he was the one who knew about the address of your ‘student’.

As you were about to pull up your hoodie, you heard a honk from outside. You took a peek from your window and immediately grabbed your backpack then stepped on your shoes knowing that Junhyung was already waiting for you. You hated it when you had to make someone waiting for you.

“Uh? Where are you going, noona?” Yoseob asked as you ran past him in the living room. He looked a bit confused and you found it uber cute.

You stopped and smiled at your little brother. “I’m gonna earn money for us, Seobbie. I’m a private teacher now.”

“Really?” his face brightened up, making him looks much younger than he already did. “That’s great! Noona hwaiting!”

“Ne. Thanks, dear.” you looked at your wristwatch and thought for a while. “Don’t wait for me. If you’re going to sleep, don’t forget to lock all the windows and the front door. Don’t worry, I have the duplicate key.”

“Oooookay.” he saluted you. “Go. Your student must be waiting for you right now already.”

You chuckled. “I’m leaving. Bye.”

You closed the door shut and made your way towards Junhyung’s car. You hopped in and were greeted by his breathtaking smirk. “Ya ready for this?”

“I guess. Let’s go!”

He pulled out to the highway and you started humming some random songs to decrease your nervousness. After a while, you noticed that the car was in a familiar area you knew quite well. “He lives here?”

“Yeap.” he answered simply. “Wae?”

“Ani. He must be so rich, then.”

“He is. That’s what my sister told me. She also said he was handsome, just like his older brother.”

You nodded understandingly, wondering how he looked like. You giggled bitterly as suddenly Kevin’s face popped out in your mind.

He had no sibling.

You kicked that thought away and started humming random songs again. Your felt your heart stopped beating as Junhyung stopped his car in front of a gate of someone’s mansion. You blinked at the view of the luxurious mansion, making sure you weren’t seeing things.

You knew the owner of this house.

You had ever come here.

“We’re arrived.” Junhyung cut your train of thoughts. “I’ll drop you here. Is it okay?”

You blinked once again before answering him. “Yeah.”

“Do you want me to pick you up after you finish?”

“No. I can take the bus.” you replied, eyes were still glued the mansion. Finally, you shifted your gaze to Junhyung and flashed him a sincere smile. “Thanks for the ride.”

“You’re welcome. If you need anything, I’m just one phone call away.”

You bid good bye to him and got out from his car. Taking a deep breath, you started walking to the gate. A bodyguard stopped you but you told him you were the private teacher that would be teaching the owner’s child and he let you in with a smile.

You let out a heavy sigh as you reached the front door of the mansion. Groggily, you pushed the bell and waited for someone to open the door.

Ten seconds.

Twenty seconds.

You were about to leave when you suddenly heard the door cracked open. You turned your head and your eyes were about to jump out from their pockets seeing who opened the door. Even though that person hadn’t said anything yet, you could feel the hatred filling your mind.

“What are you doing here?” he asked with his deep voice.

You were speechless. You couldn’t believe in what was happening right now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was Joon.