D

I'm Yours

“Sorry.” you bowed as you accidentally bumped onto someone in the hallway. You bent down to gather your books and looked up only to see that it was Joon whom you bumped onto. You were about to start a fight with him but you stopped as you saw the bruise on the corner of his lips. You unknowingly brought your hand to touch it but Joon turned his head to the other way so you couldn’t touch it. “Neon… gwaenchana?”

Joon scoffed. “You care? You have nothing to do with my bruise--“

“Changsun!” your anger was raising but you tried to calm down. You closed your eyes, taking a deep breath. “Whatever.”

You were about to start walking but suddenly you were being pulled in Joon’s arms. Your eyes widened in shock. You wanted to argue but nothing came out from your mouth.

“Please. Stay still.” Joon whispered in your left ear. “Please. Ten seconds.”

You wondered why Joon was being like this. Usually, he would shout or push you away if you dared to touch him, but now he was hugging you. Your eyes wandered around the hallway, noticing a few students who were whispering about Joon hugging you.

“Joon?”

You automatically pushed Joon away and turned around to see the owner of that voice. In front of you, a really beautiful girl was standing with a confused look on her face. You tried to figure out who she was but you couldn’t find a name.

“Jaekyung.”

Your eyes widened.

Jaekyung?

As in… Joon’s fiancée?

Jaekyung walked closer and you felt like your heartbeat was slowly dying. You could tell that her aura wasn’t good at all. You weren’t scared, but you hated being involved in someone’s problem. “Joon, what the hell are you doing with this ?”

“Hey, witch! Watch your words.” You snapped out.

She smirked at you. “I’m not asking you, right?”

“Who did you call , huh?”

“The girl in your arms, Joon. Who is she?” Jaekyung demanded. She sent you a death glare but it didn’t affect you much since you were used to being glared at.

Joon sneaked an arm around your waist and pulled you closer to him. “This is yang Yoojin, my girlfriend.”

There were gasps around you, definitely from the students around you. You were also shocked at first but decided to just play along because your mind had stated that you hated this oh so called Jaekyung girl ever since your first encounter with her. “Hi. Nice to meet you.”

Jaekyung scoffed. “This isn’t fun, Joon. Stop kidding me.”

“I’m not kidding.” Joon simply stated.

“We’re engaged, remember?”

“I don’t find any problem with it.”

“You. Are. My. Fiancée.” Jaekyung emphasized each word she said. “You. Belong. To. Me.”

You just stood there, clueless about what you should do or say. The moment you opened your mouth to excuse yourself, Joon suddenly dragged you out off the hallway and into the school’s backyard.

He let go of your wrist as the both of you arrived under the leafy tree. He hung his head low. “Mianhae. I didn’t plan on involving you in this case.”

You sighed. “It’s nothing, Changsun. Really.”

“It’s something. Jaekyung isn’t the type of girl who let something slip of her hand easily. She’s probably gonna get her way to hurt you now.”

“Pardon?”

Joon still had his head hang low. “She hates being defeated by someone.”

“So?” you raised your eyebrows. “You told her I was your girlfriend. You started my problem.”

“I know. That’s why I said I was sorry.”

You sensed something wrong with Joon. He wasn’t usually like this. He was always optimistic, full of confidence.

“Lee Changsun.”

He lifted his head up and looked at you. The spark in his eyes had gone somewhere and he looked like a living zombie.

“I don’t want to jump in your problem but… is there anything else bothering you? Besides that Jaekyung girl, I mean?”

Joon let out a weak smile and shook his head no. “Don’t worry. I’m okay.”

“You don’t look like one.” your eyes caught the ugly bruise on the corner of his lips. “Your bruise… how did you get that?”

“That’s none of your business.” he looked away but you grabbed his chin and turned his head to face you. You examined it and frowned. “What?”

“Someone must have hit you really hard.”

He was about to say something when suddenly you two saw a group of girls, which you recognized as Joon’s fangirls, walk to your direction.

“We better go.” Joon grabbed your hand and dragged you along with him to God knows where.

 

~~~

 

You threw yourself on your fluffy bed then sighed. Today was really tiring.

A knock on your door stopped you from falling asleep. “Come in.”

“Noona~” Yoseob called you in a sing sang voice, poking his head through the small gap between your door and its frame. “Do you mind if I go out for a while? I’m out of ice cream.”

“Can I come along? I need some refreshment.”

His face beamed. “Sure! But you must pay for my ice cream, ne?”

“Deal. Now, would you mind to wait me downstairs? I need to change my clothes.”

“Okay, noona~” he smiled before closing your door and ran downstairs.

It only took you a good ten minutes to change your clothes into something more comfortable. You took a last glance about your appearance in the mirror then walked out off your room.

“I’m ready.” You said after you reached the bottom of the stairs. “Are we gonna use the car?”

“Ani. I don’t feel like it. Let’s just go there on foot, noona.”

You nodded. Yoseob closed the door after you two were outside and locked it. You had an arm linked to Yoseob’s all the way to the ice cream parlor.

“Yoseob? Yoojin?”

Yoseob stopped first and looked straight in front after hearing that voice. His face lit up with excitement in a sudden. “Joon hyung!”

Joon eyed your linked arms and you could tell that you caught a glint of jealousy in his eyes.

“What are you doing here?” you asked straightforwardly.

Joon put his hands in his pockets and took a deep breath. “I need some refreshment.”

“You sound like noona, hyung. She also said like that a few minutes ago.” Yoseob chuckled.

Your mind went back to what happened today after Joon dragged you away from his fangirls.

 

“Yah! Let me go!” you tried pulling your wrist away but Joon held onto it tightly. “Lee Changsun! Where are we going actually?”

“Just shut up and follow me, will you?”

“But--“ you stopped your sentence when you realized that Joon had dragged you to a deserted park near your school. “I didn’t know there was a park like this nearby.”

Both of you sat down on a bench and Joon let your wrist go.

“We’re safe now.” Joon said in a low voice. He closed his eyes and tried to control his breathing.

“Why did you drag me here after you saw your fangirls? It wasn’t like they were going to kill me, wasn’t it?”

“Words travel. Rumors spread fast.”

You felt completely stupid. “Huh?”

“I got the feeling they heard about my lie earlier. There were a few students in the hallway, remember?”

“Which lie?”

“About stating that you’re my girlfriend. I’m sure my fangirls demand an explanation from me. So do your fanboys.”

You gasped. You never imagined that stupid lie would be bought by his fangirls seriously. You never over thought about your fanboys because you know they would be happy as long as you were happy. “What should we do now?”

“I don’t know.”

“So, we have two problems here. First, your fiancée thinks that I’m your real girlfriend and she’s probably making her ways to kill me. Second, your fangirls also think that I’m your girlfriend and they’re gonna attack me whenever I’m in sight. Aren’t I right?” you rolled your eyes. “For God’s sake, I’m not even attracted to you yet I have to be labeled as your girlfriend. What--”

Joon cut you off. “How about making it as an act?”

“What the hell did you just say?”

“How about you act as my girlfriend?”

You rolled your eyes at his stupid idea. “What good it will do?”

“First, by pretending that you’re my girlfriend, it means you’re helping me to kick Jaekyung out of my life. Second, if we’re really dating, my fangirls won’t have the guts to attack you as they will think that if they hurt you, they hurt me as well. They treasure me a lot.”

You scoffed. “So cocky.”

Joon let out a laugh. “So… agree? We just have to explain it to them and act a bit lovey dovey in front of them.”

You didn’t know what had gotten into you but you did realize you say these sentences to Joon. “Since you got me involved in this case already, there is no way I could say no. I want to get over with this problem soon.”

 

“Noona? Are you okay? Noona?” Yoseob waved his hand in front of your face. He even snapped his fingers to get your consciousness back. “Noona?”

You were back to your sense and shook your head. “I’m okay.”

Without you realized, Joon had put his hand on your shoulder. “You’re sure you’re okay?”

“Yeah.” you nodded then looked at Joon’s hand on your shoulder.

He noticed it then brought his lips to your ear to whisper something. “Jaekyung is a few meters away behind you.”

You closed your eyes, mentally saying that this wasn’t the refreshment you wanted.