Chapter 46

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XLVI

          It was a bright sunny day, Li stepped out of the house with a huge grin crept all over her face. She can’t contain her excitement in getting the papers she needed for her college application back at Seoul High. Hyped up from having the right feeling of getting closer to becoming an independent woman, she decided to take the bus instead of riding their car. She knew something is about to happen today, something good. She can feel it.

          Li Eun happily hopped inside the bus and took the seat at the far end. Gazing out the window, she smiled at the lovely trees lining up the sidewalk, the warm summer breeze softly touching the leaves. The bus took its usual route and reached the stop right before the one closest to Seoul High. Li’s sight shifted towards a group of familiar guys entering the bus. She recognized them as Chan Soo’s classmates, her schoolmates. She smiled at their direction despite them taking the seats at the back without noticing she’s seating right in front of them. They were too engrossed in their conversation that they weren’t able to catch a glimpse of her.

“You were about to cry yesterday!”

“No, I didn’t!”

“You did! I saw you. You got all teary eyed. Such a cry baby!”

“Didn’t you cried when he died?!”

“I didn’t said I did not cry! I was talking about yesterday, not his burial!”

“Shut up, you two! We all cried, so that’s enough!”

“Geez. What’s up with the foul mood?”

“He was a good friend”

“I know”

“I really can’t smile genuinely yesterday thinking about Byung Hun”

          Li’s ears perked up upon the mention of a name. Byung Hun? Did he say Byung Hun? Nah. It can’t be the Byung Hun I know. Who knows how many Byung---

“It doesn’t feel right smiling when you know you’re missing a classmate. Aish Lee Byung Hun, that jerk. We’re supposed to graduate together.”

          Lee Byung Hun? What are they talking about? Li leaned closer, placing her ear flat at the back of her seat.

“I have an idea. Do you want to go to his grave?”

“Right now?”

“Yes. Because I don’t really think I can spend the day happily without seeing him atleast.”

          Grave? A chilling sensation ran up and down her spine. Li Eun was lost between two possible facts. One, is that she might be assuming that the Lee Byung Hun the guys are talking about is the same Lee Byung Hun she knows and; two, she lost an important part of her memory which Lee Byung Hun is involved. If the latter assumption is true, then it means people are lying to her all this time. Her parents, grandparents, Kai, Shai, Chan Soo, her classmates and schoolmates.

          Her grip at the end of her seat tightened. This isn’t happening. This can’t be true. Kai won’t lie to me. Or Shai! Yes, Shai. I trust her. If Kai has a lying capability for me then Shai definitely doesn’t. Or grans, or mom or dad, or Chan Soo. . .

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter