Chapter 10

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

X

     I lethargically turned the knob and entered the house. Tv noise echoed from the living room. I peeked in and saw Taehyung watching some sort of reality game show. Every now and then he'll guffaw.


 

“What's that?” I asked, curious of the show he's watching.


 

     He turned his head around and landed his eyes on me. I gave him a weak smile, trying to be nice. I then took more steps towards the sofa he's sitting on.


 

“Why are they running? What's the show all about?” My eyes rounded, looking inquisitively at the television.


 

     He shook his head at my ignorance of Korean shows.


 

“It's called Running Man. You're not Korean if you don't know this”


 

“I'm sorry if I wasn't raised here idiot,” I retorted and rolled my eyes.  


 

     He ignored me and I hesitantly took the stairs, wanting to stay longer at the living room to watch the show. If it wasn't because of Tae-jerk-hyung, I would. I dragged myself towards my room and slumped on my bed. Touching my forehead, I tried to calm my nerves. Gosh It's still morning yet I feel like it's been a long day.


 

Breathe in, breathe out. I chanted inside my head the same time as I did.


 

     I closed my eyes as my memories with Byunghun haunted me once again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I think that cute guy has the feels for you,” Shai whispered near my ear during a program in middle school.


 

“Shh. We're dead if they'll caught us talking instead of listening to the boring speech”


 

     She giggled at my response. “But really, he's been staring at you for like since the program started,” She insisted.


 

     I sat perfectly still and stole a glance at the guy she's talking about. My heart skipped a beat when our eyes met and I nervously shifted my gaze away from him and said, “I think he's suffering from stiff neck”


 

     Shai bursted out loud before she could even cover . Some of the students looked at our direction. I slowly covered my face in embarrassment while hanging my head down. “I told you to shut up,” I whispered.


 

“You didn't! You just hushed me,” She argued.


 

     I shook my head at her silliness.


 

     When I gained back my composure, I accidentally caught his gaze, still staring at me. I nervously clenched the hem of my skirt and then stared back. I did'nt intended to stare for too long but I can't deny to myself that he's exceptionally gorgeous. His eyes are beautifully sparkling due to the reflection of light colored hair which made him look even more dashing.


 

     Just as I was about to take my sight out of him, he smiled at me. He smiled at me! The smile that made butterflies in my stomach do summersaults.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


 

     I opened my eyes and stared at my ceiling. That same smile he showed me earlier. The smile I once fell for. The smile that used to cheer me up when I'm down.


 

On the next day.


 

“Kai! Come on we'll be late for school!” I shouted from the kitchen before taking one last bite of garlic bread. After gulping milk, I hurriedly headed for the main door. “Kim Jongin!” I shouted once again.


 

“Hey hey what's the ruckus all about? Kai left already,” Taehyung informed me casually.


 

“He did?!” I asked in disbelief. “That kid- wait how did you know?” I questioned curiously.


 

“He texted me,” He replied while waving his phone in front of his face.


 

Texted? Huh! Since when did they became close?


 

“Oh. Okay,” I simply replied and stepped out the house.


 

“Okay? No talking back? Wow,” He teased.


 

“Shut up,” I rolled my eyes and walked towards the car.


 

     I stared at him, baffled when he get in the car too.


 

“What?” He asked. “You know I can't take the car at school. I don't have a license”


 

“No license my face. You did when we went to the mart”


 

“That's because the driver wasn't around and we obviously can't commute with so many things to buy. I just didn't had another choice and I even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter