8th December 2010

9th December
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

8th December 2010

A lot has happened this year.. Chanhyun won his first basketball match, Dad bought me a new guitar, ChenChen got his first crush (he turned so red whenever Baekmi was around >_<), and Grandma and Grandpa finally moved back to Seoul. But what remained in my memory most was the unfortunate event that happened to our family.

To be more precise, to Mommy.

Earlier in May, Daddy gathered us in their bedroom and told us something so exciting - Mommy was pregnant! We were going to have a new sister or brother! ChenChen and I were so excited. I wanted a sister so I could play with her, but ChenChen wanted a brother. Pfft, he already has Minwoo and Chanhyun to play with. Mommy said that whatever we were going to have, we should be grateful.

 

Nina woke up with a start and shivered immediately when she felt the cold. She turned to the side and noticed that Kris was not in bed, and she turned to check the time. She frowned when she realised that it was 5AM and she wondered where her husband could have gone to. Groggily, she sat up and threw her legs off the bed before slowly getting up to find him.

 

Mommy looked so happy. So did Daddy. I remember being jealous of the baby whenever Daddy spoke about him/her, and I hated it whenever he would lean down at Mommy's tummy and greeted his 'twinkle toes'. How funny was that? I was twelve years and five months old, and I got jealous of an unborn baby! I guess I was being quite obvious cause Daddy noticed. He then told me that he will never stop loving me, and that I will always be the princess in his heart.

Yes, I stopped being jealous after that. Hehe.. Daddy never showed that he loved me and ChenChen less, and so did Mommy. 

 

"Kris?" Nina called softly as she walked towards the bathroom. She noticed that the lights were switched off and changed course to the bedroom door. She silently opened the door and went out to the hallway, careful not to make any noices just in case she'd wake her kids up.

 

One night, I woke up when I heard Mommy yelling for Daddy. I got so scared because she sounded scared. I ran to the door and opened it at the same time Daddy ran past my room to their bedroom. I followed and saw Mommy crying on the bed and Daddy was panicking. I walked closer to them and finally knew why Mommy was crying - she was bleeding!

 

As she walked past her son's room, she decided to turn back and turned the knob of his door silently. She peeked her head in and scanned her eyes around the dark room. Nina's eyes landed on a wrapped figure on the bed and chuckled to herself when she realised that Chen was sleeping soundly with his body tangled in the sheets. She momentarily forgot her mission to search for her husband and walked into the room and approached his bed. Carefully, the mother of two untangled her son from the sheets and tucked him properly before taking a seat at the side of the bed. She smiled as he slightly shifted in his sleep before snoring lightly again. 

'He's not going to like this,' Nina thought to herself before landing a soft kiss on his forehead. She chuckled again when Chen suddenly curled closer to her side and a small smile graced his sleeping face. 'He likes it after all.' she mused to herself before giving him one last kiss and getting up to leave the room.

 

I remember Daddy telling me to lock the front door the moment he leaves and to wait for a while before someone would come and watch over us. I could only nod and did as I was told the moment Daddy ran out of the house with Mommy in his arms. I didn't know what was going on and I was scared. I was so scared. So I ran to ChenChen's room and laid down next to him. I'm glad he didn't wake up because he was having a fever that night, and he needed the rest.

Then Uncle Chanyeol came and brought us to his house. ChenChen remained asleep even though Uncle Chanyeol carried him to the car. He wouldn't tell me what was going on and I grew more afraid. When we arrived at his house, Aunt Sohee was already waiting for us and apparently Chanhyun woke up too. Uncle Chanyeol carried ChenChen into Minwoo's room and told me to go back to sleep, but I was too scared. I wanted Mommy and Daddy!

 

Getting side-tracked once more, Nina walked into her daughter's room and smiled as she saw her sleepin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter