Getting To Know You

Begin Again

The date went much more smoothly than Yongguk expected, Song Jieun rarely goes out at night so it was just new and great to her.

They stopped at Han riverbank after driving around deciding where to go, what to eat and everything. Yongguk opened the car and quickly helped Jieun get out, he was really careful since her legs were hit in the car just now.

"It's hurt." She looked at him, wincing.

"Hold on me!" He pulled her out of the car easily since she was tiny like a newborn cat, she held on him and was extremely careful with what she was doing.

Well, not so careful since she was leaning her whole body on his. He was all blushing but she didn't see it.

"We touch too much already." Jieun said, shocking Yongguk.

He found out that she didn't say doesn't mean she had no idea what was going on around her.

"Don't worry, I don't feel anything." He shyly said.

Yongguk never thought a day when he would get blushed because of a girl. He was quite a women killer but he guessed he lost this time.

"Yah! My body is not of an elementary kid, you really don't feel anything?"

That moment their eyes met, she was giving him questionable eyes while he was staring at her, passionately. He knew he was so close with his limit right now and this girl was about to break through. In his life, he had countless brief relationships since his freshman year even one of them just ended last week, but never ever did he have a girl that controlled all over him like this girl did. He barely even knew her, they met for less than 20 minutes yesterday and today he came just because he felt uneasy about getting her injured. He didn't know things would go this far. Believe him, things were going further than what he thought.

"Wow, you're really too much." Jieun pushed Yongguk away and sat down on a bench nearby.

Yongguk laughed. He playfully hit his head on the car.

As he started sitting down, he noticed Jieun couldn't take her eyes off the people who were driving the couple bikes around Han river. Actually he noticed that she seemed to be strange with every normal thing they had met on the way here, like tokbokki, fried fish, and some other street food that he bought but he did not have a chance to ask.

"They're couples, right? Only couples ride those bikes, don't they?" Jieun asked.

Yongguk stared at her weirdly Usually he was a funky and active guy, but he found himself more and quiet and serious around Jieun. The aura she appealed was so attractive that he didn't want to look away and he hoped he didn't look so creepy with that.

"Do you want to try?" Yongguk asked as he fed Jieun with a piece of tokbokki.

He watched her eating it without acting all shy and girly. Absolutely Bang Yongguk's style.

"No, I can't drive, and it looks scary. Oh my Gosh, this tastes so good."

"You really don't know about all these?" Yongguk mentioned the food.

"What?" Jieun opened her eyes at Yongguk as she put a real big piece of fried fish in the mouth.

"Just, I can't believe that a social girl like you has no friends, plus never experiencing normal things like walking along Han river, driving couple bicycle, eating street food."

They practically got along much more well than Yongguk expected. He now only wanted to proceed the stages.

"Me? A social girl?" Yongguk nodded causing Jieun to crack up, she held on her stomach and laughed out loud making him frozen. This girl is really, she was talking to a guy, shouldn't she have kept some girly manners as a girl normally had instead of.. making him like her even more. "Oh, sorry but you're the first person ever to say I'm social."

"Why not? You're getting along very well with a kind of stranger like me!" Yongguk started to get confused. Did he say something wrong?

It wasn't enough that she made people go crazy over her, she had to make them curious about her, too. That's what Yongguk was feeling right now. She totally hooked him over.

"Because you're a police man. You don't think my dad is that kind of father who will send his daughter to every guy that comes to find her, do you? My dad has that weird definition of police.." Jieun said and ate at the same time. "He likes people who are doing the protecting jobs, I don't know why even. Did you notice him scolding me for hindering you yesterday after knowing you're a police man?"

"That's unique." Yongguk blandly commented. "..and weird." He added.

"I know right, it's not like I'm going to get married with a police man or something, I can't even get myself a single friend."

All the time Yongguk would just observe Jieun, every of her action, the way she talks, smiles, demonstrates by her hands, her sparkling eyes, her cute mouth, he spent his time watching her like than and answering her questions. He must be crazy, he was really crazy and that wasn't his fault, or that he even wanted it but he'd gone crazy.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" He asked, as if he just idly said that but deep down, he meant it.

"If you're kidding, it's funny. If you're serious, then no." It took her almost no time to reply him.

Yongguk wasn't taken by surprise anymore, instead he just smiled and nodded, he did expect it.

Jieun had an oil stain on her edge of but she was too busy eating to notice it. Yongguk wasn't hesitant for a second as he used his own fingers to wipe it out for her, naturally.

At that moment she was surprised by this action, Yongguk stared at her, and she knew his eyes were trying to say something she couldn't figure out but those weren't simply just a stare.

She broke the eye-contact as she looked away. He was so determined right now, he had to have this girl, he needed her.

"By the way, I was really shocked when your father mentioned just now. I mean, usually it's said by my girlfriends or I do but.."

"He educated me about very soon, and did you just talk about your girlfriend?"

"Yeah, and your father is really unique right? Usually to a girl, the mother has to do that part, doesn't she? Your mother doesn't talk about it but your father? And why didn't I see her now?"

In some point of the conversation, Yongguk wanted to win over Jieun. Her strong personality ruled him completely but he wasn't voluntary for it, he wanted to own her, too and the moment she suddenly stopped to get drowned in silence, he had a little cheering victory inside of his mind saying 'yes finally' because he finally could attack her back.

Jieun was about to explain but then she thought, she and Yongguk were not that close and she didn't even know if they would meet again tomorrow so she just stayed quiet.

"So you're having a girlfriend already and still asking me out?"

Yongguk was about to attack Jieun some more but with such a question, he couldn't hang it over.

"You rejected me anyway, is that even important?"

Jieun let out a bland laugh, Yongguk didn't know the meaning of it, he could only feel that the tension right now was not a joke. Jieun started to collect her things and stood up.

"Yeah, that is important that you're a disgusting person."

That was the first time of the night that Yongguk felt scared, or more exact, he felt completely overwhelmed by Jieun. Her affection was too big to overlook, he stood up right after her, pulling her back as she was about to walk away.

"I don't like you that much to let you offend me that way, take your words back." He stare d into her eyes, trying to express anger.

Jieun laughed derisively. "I really have no mercy on a person who can easily cheat on their lovers just because of another person. No exception, you're all disgusting!"

Yongguk held Jieun tightly not giving a chance to exit as he tightened her wrist, he pressed her on the car and lowered his head.

"Cheating what? Look, I am single right now, okay? I'm not cheating on anyone for you, you have yet to deserve it!" Then Yongguk found himself swimming in real anger and out of control.

Jieun had been a sweet, interesting girl to Yongguk until she became such a ridiculous young rascal.

"I hope I will never deserve it, I don't care that you're single right now, I want to go home right now, I don't want to see your face anymore."

Yongguk stared at her with his burning eyes as if they were going to burn her alive if she continued to look at them, but Jieun wasn't the type that got scared easily by such a mediocre act. They were having a battle of eye-contact then he suddenly let her go, he went to the road and waved a taxi off.

"Go home, as you want."

Jieun rolled her eyes, she gave him a death glare before hopping on the taxi and it drove off.

"Yah!" He yelled but only the wind came back.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Song Jieun never had a mother, or she never considered that she had. She would have always been a positive, pinky kid unless somebody talked about her mother, worse, talking about cheating. Her mother left her and her father when she was 11, she cheated on him with his friend and left with a huge amount of money from him, leaving him totally collapsed, he even went bankrupt. Jieun had cried, even begged for her mother not to leave but the temptation was bigger than love. 

Maybe Yongguk didn't mean to talk about her mother, but when he said "is it even important that I have a girlfriend if you just rejected me", Jieun really went furious. She couldn't forgive that.

Jieun's father had been struggling for 4 years to finally balance his life and to live up once again for her, the only reason for him to continue living. His career as an owner of a comic book factory in Macao started to bloom and it brought him lots of money, love and money, he balanced between giving her both, not letting her feel lack of any. Jieun's father is such a great person like that.

Although Mr. Song had always taught her not to have any animus on her mother, she couldn't. In fact, Jieun had never tried to forgive her mother, Jieun didn't put her in the mind, trying not to think of her, staying away from doing things that would remind her of that mother, she did everything possible to forget that she used to have a mom. That was the only black hole of her pinky life. The black hole named Mother.

That night Jieun cried a lot in her room, all the worst things ever in the past thanks to that damn guy once again came back and haunted her..

 

Mr. Song woke up soon in the next morning to wait for Jieun and ask her about the previous night date, he slept so soon last night. He was excited, his young girl had not been going for like forever and she was with a police man last night. He likes that idea a lot.

However, as Jieun showed up, she also showed up with swollen eyes from crying and a cant-be-worse facial expression, she greeted her father then left right away, didn't let him have any questions about her.

"Mrs. Kim, what's wrong with her?"

"I don't know Master, she went home when I was sleeping."

Both of the adults watched over Jieun, frowning and drowning in questions and curiosity.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I hope you enjoy it :)