Meeting You

Begin Again

 

 

 

 

Jieun literally collapsed right as the bell rang informing school was over, she had her head on the table supported by a thick book while her arms were pendant to the ground with no strength left. She closed her eyes, trying to figure out what the teacher just taught that she barely remembered, even a bit. She didn't hate school, but two consecutive periods with Maths and Chemistry almost killed her. Jieun checked her phone, it was almost 4pm. She closed her eyes once again, thinking of going shopping to release stress.

The classroom was soon left with only static objects and the shrilling wind.

 

Jieun was a carefree, happy young lady but she had no friends, she wasn't the type that would approach people first but she never acted all superior to others. Still, she had nobody to actually call friends around. Therefore, except for times spent with her father, she usually did everything alone by herself, literally alone.

Jieun came to a shop where she usually passed by to buy some socks, she picked up that hobby recently, buying colorful socks. Just like last month she bought tons of underwear with every style, every color, every brand, she even had a hello kitty one which her maid found crazy and weird.

"You are to buy all these?" The seller looked at Jieun like, unbelievable.

"Yes!" She replied shortly, with a smile.

"Can you use all of them? It's pretty much." The seller said, as she started to calculate and put the socks in a pink bag.

Jieun wandered her eyes around, she nonchalantly said as she shrugged. "Maybe, maybe not."

The seller took a small glance at Jieun, pretty but kind of rum, in a good way.

"So, here you are. 40 dollars in total."

Jieun withdrew a 50 dollar bill, she gave it to the seller and took her bag.

"Keep the change!"

"Thank you. Have a good day!"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A big group of people got everyone's notice as they were gathering in front of a random shop and seeming to be discussing about something, they all looked very urgent and impatient, especially one special young man, who nodded to every word that one man said. They were the local police, there was a dangerous escaped killer this morning and from the internal information they got, he was hiding somewhere around here. Well, this was one of the emergency situation but they had to work in silence, they couldn't evacuate the local because the criminal might have heard and decamp again, and since they couldn't inform their people, the rating of them getting hurt or injured was pretty high since there was no exact news that if their target was bringing weapon along to him or not.

To that young man, it was his very first mission in his career and it was real big so he was kind of nervous, he needed to do well, or at least, he mustn't be a hindrance of his team.

"We will be divided into three teams, one team going for the right will be leaded by Park Heungki, another team going for the left is leaded by Song Minwoo, and the last team going to evacuate as many people as possible from the dangerous zone and this team is leaded by me. Now go!" The captian said.

The captain then grabbed the young man back. "Yongguk, you go with me."

"Yes, Captain!" He saluted but was soon to be slapped away.

"We should be acting normal, call me by my last name." The captain looked around.

This area was not so crowded at this time, that was favorable. But there were many shops and restaurants so he was afraid that in some case, the killer may catch someone as his hostage.

"You go this way, we will meet at the crossroad after this building, okay? He's so near already."

"Yes, I got it!"

"Don't be nervous, our men are all around here."

"Yes, I won't get nervous."

The young man still kept himself being serious and formal with his words.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jieun passed by a clothes shop to buy some dresses before really going home, her car wasn't with her today so she would take bus or taxi, it depended but usually she prefered bus since there were many people there. As she was about to cross a crossroad, her phone rang and Jieun almost screamed as she saw her father's phone number, a Korean one, which means he's in Korea right now.

"Daddy!" She squealed like a kid upon hearing her father's voice.

Jieun stopped at the crossroad waiting for the red light to turn green for walking people, actually she didn't pay much attention to it. The road seemed to be busier and more precipitate today, things and people were moving fast as what Jieun saw.

"Where are you princess? Daddy is home!" A man's warm voice emitted on the other side of the phone.

Jieun laughed until her eyes totally disappeared, only two lines were drawn on the face.

"I'm on my way home, should I buy something to cook?"

As Jieun was focusing on the phone, a bag from her hand fell off making her bend down to pick up, she disappeared from a man's sight as he looked around while running to her direction. Jieun stood up, she was about to walk past the road then something, or someone bumped hard on her causing her to topple down. It was a painful collision as Jieun couldn't help but to bawl. Her body hit hard on the ground especially her knees and arms.

"Ah.." Jieun moaned. She started to notice her bleeding arms and legs.

After Yongguk calmed down, he turned his whole attention to Jieun and was totally shocked.

"I'm sorry Miss, are you okay?" He was struggling to stand up as well but he held back.

The mission was on process so he couldn't slow down, he helped Jieun to get up, checking on her briefly as he looked at her. Okay, this wasn't in the plan and he was not to get himself distracted but the woman standing before him right now was absolutely gorgeous, maybe the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen.

"No I'm not okay, I'm bleeding right now!" Jieun frankly said. "I'm scared of blood." This time she looked at him, realizing he was having some scrapes as well.

"Can you stand?" He worriedly asked.

"Yup, but what are you doing? You weren't looking the way you went?" Jieun sounded more caring than complaining.

Then she had to pick up her phone to continue talking with her father since the conversation was cut off in the middle and he was worried upon hearing his daughter's screams. She had to explain her situation and calm him down by saying she was totally okay. Yongguk looked around, this spot was in the center of the dangerous zone and he needed to get this lady out immediately.

"I'm sorry Miss." He snatched the phone from Jieun's hand leaving her totally shocked, he waited for his phone to ring then he gave the phone back to her. "Please be quick to go over there, call a taxi and go to hospital. I'm in hurry right now so I can not get you there. Call me when you have the mediacal bills, okay or I will call you, whatever, just get out of here, quick!" 

"But you're also injured!" She pointed at his scraped arm.

"I'm okay!" Yongguk thought of something that held him back, he was hesitant for a second then he took off his jacket covering Jieun with it. He slapped lightly on her slim arms before running away.

Upon the road, Yongguk still managed to turn back a few times and yelled at Jieun telling her to leave quickly, a small smile spread on her face as she watched him running way.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Aigoo, how is my daughter supposed to become Miss Korea now? Who is that kid? I need to teach him a lesson!" Mr. Song said as he saw Jieun taking care of the wounds. She was pretty badly injured.

"He was injured, too. I think there was something yesterday, he doesn't look like a careless man who would literally bump into someone, and everyone seemed to be very urgent on that road." Jieun recalled, then wept in pain. "Urg I felt that one!" She bawled as she started to touch the wound.

Mr. Song smiled, actually it was really painful to see his daughter getting hurt and bleeding like this, but at the same time he was so glad to see her handle it so well. He thought to a well-protected girl like Jieun, this would make her complain all day but she didn't, she was so brave and calm. He didn't want to admit but his little girl was 21 years old already, a complete adult right now.

"You should have been more careful, too, especially when crossing such a busy road, if it wasn't that man but a car, things were much worse." Mr. Song took a sip of coffee.

"It's partly because of your call, Daddy." Jieun said, she winced a bit at the wound.

"Ask Mrs. Kim to do it for you, you look like you're going to make it worse, Ssong." Mr. Song frowned, well, it was actually heartbreaking to see his daughter struggling.

"I'm done." As Jieun said, she was already applying an adhensive bandage on her two knees. She looked up at her father, spreading a wide smile. 

"Good girl!" Mr. Song gave a Jieun imaginative claps.

A maid came to them informing their dinner was done, it took a little bit effort but Jieun finally managed to get herself to the table without having any help.

As they were about to start eating, someone rang the bell. The maid ran out to open it, The Songs was the kind of family who would always have dinner with their duennas so both Jieun and Mr. Song stopped, to wait for the maid to come back.

A few minutes later she came back.

"Ms. Jieun, you have a guest."

"Me?"

A young man walked in with a basket of fruit and a bottle of wine, Jieun was jaw-dropping to see the man yesterday.

"Who's that, Ssong?"

"The man of my injuries. How did he get here by the way?" She asked in disbelief.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"How did you get here by the way?" Jieun asked as the dessert had just been served.

The three were gathering in the living room after dinner. Jieun was resting her legs on the table supported with a cushion. She learnt that his name was Bang Yongguk, 26 years old, he was a brand new police man and yesterday was his first mission. Her father seemed to forgive him after acknowledging what happened.

"It's a secret, I'm glad that you're all fine, Miss." Yongguk modestly said.

Actually it took quite a big effort for him to have her address, he lost his phone yesterday upon catching that criminal so he couldn't call or even do anything. He needed to meet her again, he knew that because he would never let a girl that made him breathtaking for the first time ever go so easily. He had to agree to switch to work on night shifts with a colleague who worked for the monitoring room for a week, to have him check on the CCTV of that road, identify this girl, take the address and come here. Pretty much sweat and blood had been given away but he guessed it was worth it.

He also collected some information about her, her name is Song Jieun, as pretty as person, 21 and still is a university student, a not-so-dilligent one according to her father. 

"Why didn't you call? I gave you my number yesterday. Ah no, you took it yourself!" Jieun chewed the watermelon.

Mr. Song looked at Jieun and gently said. "Ssong ah, can you please adjust the way you sit? You have a male guest here."

"But sitting like this is more comfortable, I won't feel hurt!" Jieun was not really an obedient kid as well,and, her kitten eyes worked everytime on her father.

"That's okay, Mister. I don't mind." Yongguk said, earning a concurred smile from Jieun.

His heart skipped a beat. She was so beautiful, he spent many years studying abroad and met with tons of beautiful women from all over the world, but never was there anyone that made him feel this way. He felt like air was all from him, leaving him breathtaking and then that world was left with him and her only. She's an living angel, to him.

"Daddy just right before he came here, you were still protective all over me. You said you were going to teach him a lesson for making your daughter unable to become Miss Korea and you're nagging at me again." Jieun spilled everything out.

Mr. Song looked her as if saying "why do you even say that?" but it was too late. Yongguk couldn't hold back a small laugh.

A young beautiful frank girl. Yongguk thought to himself.

"He has a good reason, so what do you want?"

"Actually I didn't intend to come all the way here, but yesterday she said she was scared of blood and I couldn't bring her home myself, I sort of feel bad so.." He shrugged.

"Oh, your jacket!" Jieun suddenly said.

Mrs. Kim brought the jacket which was now cleanly washed Yongguk gave her yesterday, she gave it back to him, with a smile that he couldn't take his eyes off. Mr. Song noticed this, he descried the look this young man was giving his daughter.

"Thanks Aunt Kim. I washed it, by my hands." Jieun proudly said.

The jacket suddenly became so precious in Yongguk's hands.

"You shouldn't have."

"Why don't you two go out, and talk some more? The weather is nice." Mr. Song suddenly suggested, which almost sent Yongguk to above from happiness, he tried to hide it but a smile was still spread on the face. "I think Mr. Bang here really likes that idea."

"You can simply call me Yongguk." The young man said with his deep husky voice.

"Yeah, I mean you two can be friends, Jieun you don't have any friends, right?"

Jieun looked at him. Was it weird because in 21 years living in this world she had never dated anyone, or anyone had ever asked her out but she didn't feel nervous or anything when her father suggested her and Yongguk going out. 

"I agree, I mean I have time for it." Yongguk voiced up first.

"But I can not walk for so long, my legs hurt.." Jieun whined a bit, although she really really wanted to go out with this attractive man.

"Can you take care of her, Yongguk? It'd be a waste not going out tonight."

"Absolutely!"

Mr. Song took Jieun to Yongguk's car and helped her get inside, before closing the door, he looked at Yongguk, frankly said.

"No , you heard me?"

Yongguk was dumbfounded for a while then he stammered. "Sure, sir!"

Jieun only laughed, Mr. Song bent down to kiss his daughter on the cheek and watched until the car drove off.

 

 

 

I hope you all enjoy this very first chapter. I will update every week just like my previous story and also, comments and Subscribes are loved.