Chapter 2

The Supernatural World

“Care to explain the commotion today morning?” The principal spun his chair around to meet the two students sitting at the opposite side of the desk.

“Kim Jongin?”

“Jung Hana?”

The both of them kept quiet and stared at the principal.

“Now, just because both of you come from wealthy families, THAT does not give you the rights to make a scene and act as though you have the authority.” The principal sighed.

“Mr Kang, you are different too. Would you like it if someone screamed in your ear especially when you have amplified senses?” Hana asked.

“Well, not exactly.”

“Exactly why we did that. Besides, you know that we do have the authority. We will become king and queen to our race in the supernatural world.”

“I know, Kai. You have to understand that doesn’t mean I know, the world knows. I swore to your parents to protect you. We cannot afford to let this information slip.” Mr Kang paused.

“If the world finds out, you both will be in deep trouble. You both are the only ones who have yet to be discovered.

“Why would that affect us at all?” Hana asked with one of her eyebrows raised.

“In time to come, you will know. I’m sorry but I cannot disclose the reason because that would change the future.” Mr Kang gave an apologetic look.

 

Hana used her super-speed to reach her class. With her mind all set in a never ending puzzle, she took a seat in her class without bothering to acknowledge her teacher, she slowly began to work her way out in finding the answer to how it would affect both her and Kai.

Only ones who have yet to be discovered…

So the king or queen of the fairies, wizards and werewolves have been discovered. However, there were never news of them at all. No one knew about the discovery of the king or queen. In fact, it has never been mentioned but how did Mr Kang know?

What exactly did he mean by deep trouble? The fact that there were no news when there should have been is peculiar. I clearly remembered that there was a news broadcast throughout the supernatural world in the 1600s.

Wait.

They have been discovered by the whole world but why is it that both Kai and I didn’t know of this fact. Were all of them hiding it from us? How could it be possible that the people surrounding me now knows of this fact? Both Kai and I are going to be heir and heiress to the throne respectively. Are they hiding something?

“Hana.”

“Hana. JUNG HANA.” A shout travelled across the classroom.

“What?” Hana snapped her head up towards the voice.

Her teacher was fuming mad. Her usual calm and pleasant demeanor was completely gone and her face was contorted into a furious one. Her nose was flaring as her eyes set into a sharp glare all directed towards Hana.

“Are you even listening, Jung Hana? What’s the point of attending when you do not even care?” Her teacher shouted.

“I was made to attend and yes I was listening. You need to sub in the values to get x and then once you find x, you can solve the long equation.” Hana breathed out in a calm manner.

“I shall give you the benefit of the doubt.” She only said and gave Hana one last glare before turning back to the board.

“Seriously Hana, what are you thinking so hard about?”

“Oh it’s nothing Baek. Just some stuff the principal told us.” Hana gave a reassuring smile.

“Are you sure?” The male gave her a sceptical look.

“Yes, Mr Byun Baekhyun.” She rolled her eyes.

Byun Baekhyun, he was slightly older than Hana just like Kai. They were all 21 but only that Hana was born on 29th  of November while Baekhyun and Kai were born on 6th of May and 14th of January respectively. Hana got to know Baekhyun through Kai and their first meeting was really awkward. Hana was drunk that day when she met Baekhyun and she was literally flirting with Baekhyun until Kai stopped her. Those were one of the times Hana was actually thankful for Kai being around. Baekhyun and her managed to click well and they talk to each other more than her talking to Kai but they don’t flirt around.

On the other hand, Hana and Kai, they kind of flirt and they are more comfortable with each other since they both live under the same roof. But obviously, there are tensions in their relationship but they resolve it pretty fast.

“Baek, do you know the kings or queens of the races?”

“Well, everyone knows I guess? Except hybrids and vampires. No one knows about them.” Baekhyun said.

“ Ah, I see. Just curious.” She nodded.

Even Baekhyun knows…

 ‘RING!’

“Well, time to meet Kai and the rest. Let’s go.” Baekhyun grinned.

“Yeah and we have to hurry because his is grumpy as hell.”

Both Hana and Baekhyun used their super-speed and met Kai at the canteen. Unfortunately, they were met with a rather frowning Kai as opposed to his usual smile on every other days.

“What took you guys so long?” Kai glared at Hana.

“Calm the down Kai. It was only 1 minute Kai. 1 minute.” She placed emphasis on the ‘1 minute.’

“That’s long and you know that.”

“Okay Kai, glad to know.” She huffed.

Kai’s frown deepened at the poor response given from Hana and continued his glaring towards Hana. Hana obviously knew that Kai was trying to get her to respond properly and so she sat on the other side of the table, facing Kai.

“Stop frowning and start smiling.” She frowned.

“Turn that frown upside down.” She placed two fingers on either side of Kai’s lips and pulled it upwards.

At that point in time, Hana couldn’t control it and burst out laughing for she had made Kai seem ridiculous by forcing a smile on him.

“You look so ridiculous Kai.” She shook her head.

“Annoying idiot.” Kai gave her a frown.

“Yah, stop trying to flirt with each other already.” A male said.

“Yeah, we have been watching you both for like a few minutes already.” Another male joined in.

“Shut up losers.” Kai rolled his eyes.

“Don’t be so mean Kai. But really, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo, you guys need to shut up.” She said seriously.

“See Chanyeol, that’s what happens when you are stupid.” Baekhyun scoffed.

“Oh shut up bacon. Where’s Junmyeon?” Chanyeol asked.

“Council duty I reckon. He’s always at the council office dealing with the past rulers and welfare leaders.” Kai replied.

“Recently he is always at the council office.” Kyungsoo added.

“Strange…” Hana murmured to herself.

Suddenly, a image came across her mind.

A boy.

Blonde hair.

She groaned and held her head. She didn’t know what was happening to her and why did she see that image.

“Hey, you okay?” Kai casted her a worried look.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just a little headache,” Hana assured him.

Though, she did not manage to capture his facial features and that only left her curiosity sparking up.

Who are you…

‘Hana.’

‘Home now. You and Kai.’

‘Now.’

Hana sent a look of confusion towards Kai as he mirrored the same expression as her. Both of their parents have sent a message through a mind link.

Something is not right.

The two young adults made their way home through Kai’s special ability, teleportation. The two arrived in the living hall and saw looks of worry painted on their parents’ face.

“I’m afraid we have to stop school for the both of you.” Kai’s mum said.

“Your school is no longer safe.” Hana’s dad said with a panic stricken expression.

“What’s going on?” Kai asked, worriedly.

“Mum?”

“Dad?”

Silence.

“Please talk to us.” Hana begged.

Silence.

“Please.”

“You’re both in danger.” Kai’s dad briefly said.

“Why?” Hana asked.

“He’s coming.” Hana’s mum said as they all stared at the both the young male and female.

Both Kai and Hana stared at each other worriedly. They were both afraid of what is to come and the fact that their parents had refused to tell them and left them hanging only increase their fear and trepidation.