Chapter 4

The Supernatural World

Authors note: I made some minor changes to the story. Instead of Kai and Exo K being hybrids, they are now vampires. Simply because in chapter 1, it was mentioned that the king/queen for the vampire and hybrid have not been known so as you can tell, Kai and Hana play those special roles.

-------------------------------------------------------

 

 

As the blonde haired male started introducing himself, Hana could feel her chest becoming constricted. The fact that she could hear her heart pounding in her ears did not make things better.

Fear.

What was fear? It had been years since Hana actually felt that fear. She knew all too well that this was not the exact same fear that she experienced. What fear it was, she was unsure. The male had given off a certain vibe that didn’t make her feel at ease at all. Funny, she knew he wasn’t her race but he gave her a whole different feeling that made her uncomfortable and despite the fact that there were so many around her that weren’t her race, he was the only one who truly made her uncomfortable.

The blonde haired male continued staring at Hana while introducing himself, not breaking it even for a split second. As the girls in the class squeal in delight, Hana could only look down and clench her fist to handle the overwhelming situation.

‘I can’t. I have to leave.’

The moment she saw the male started to walk towards her to sit next to her, Hana started to get even more distressed.

A sudden thought clicked into her mind.

Teleportation.

Hana quickly snapped her finger and vanished. Hana stood on the ground with a completely different background. She was no longer in her class but at her own house, in her own room.  She took deep breaths, trying to calm herself down as she slowly slid to the ground, her body against the door to her room.

Fear.

It was getting to her. She was afraid. She was afraid of the blonde haired male and the light and power he possessed. Not physical power but in a way, mental power. She was sure that in terms of physical powers, she had the advantage but not mentally. The blonde haired male was… special but she just couldn’t put her finger as to what made him special.

Hana closed her eyes and tried to think of other trivial matters to distract herself from the fear and most importantly, him.

Meanwhile, in class, no one really cared about the disappearance of Hana because her classmates knew that she did that often and her teacher never really cared about anyone. The blonde haired male smirked to himself.

‘How interesting, she is afraid of me.’

‘See you soon, Jung Hana.’

The male was obviously amused by the situation because he didn’t really picture himself as the type to be feared of. Maybe he did, but, there was something different about Hana that made him so amused and so intrigued. It wasn’t just her beauty but something beyond that, something to her character. It was something he saw when he first met her in her unconscious state of mind.

Fear.

Something that he was puzzled about was her fear. Why did she fear him?  Her fear was evident in her face the first time he ever saw her and it was once again shown to him today. It made him all the more curious about this girl. She seemed the type to keep secrets to herself and he knew at one glance that this fear was one of it and that she hadn’t experience this sort of fear in a long while.

He was determined to find the reason behind that fear.

And get to know her.

-------------------------------

“Hey baek! Did you see Hana?” Kai asked with a hint of worry behind his tone.

“I was just going to ask you that. Wasn’t she with you?”

“No man. I couldn’t find her. I think something’s wrong, I felt a weird sensation just now in class, it was… it was fear and pain.” Kai looked at Baekhyun.

From the look Kai gave Baekhyun, he knew Kai was very worried. Kai’s eyes had revealed more than he said. Though it was a really bad time to think about this, Baekhyun thought about Kai’s feelings and wondered if Kai had a form of attraction towards Hana.

Baekhyun paused for a moment.

Then it hit him.

“I know where Hana is and do you remember when the last time she felt fear was?” Baekhyun vividly displayed a look of concern.

Kai felt his ‘heart’ drop. The last time she felt fear was when that incident happen to her and it was traumatising for her. He was afraid that she might attempt something silly again.

“We have to hurry.”

“Now.”

Kai and Baekhyun placed their speed into good use and sped to her house. Once they were inside, Kai wasted no time and searched for Hana in every room before reaching her room and opening the door to her room.

There Hana was sitting on her bed, hugging her knees close to her chest. Fortunately, she hadn’t done anything but to stare at the wall right in front of her eyes.

“Kai. I’m scared.” She softly whispered, voice faltering.

“What’s wrong?”

Kai walked to her bed and sat on it, facing Hana.

“Tell me what’s wrong.”

“He’s here Kai. I saw him.” She looked at Kai this time, fear evident on her face.

“Who?”

“Him. The guy from my nightmare. He’s here.”

Kai stared at Hana, searching for answers. He was staring at her at how the clear stream flowed from her eyes down to her cheeks. She was truly afraid that Kai was at a loss for words. He didn’t know how to comfort her or help her, he couldn’t understand the extreme fear she was feeling. He was shocked to say the least.

Help.

 

The only thing Hana wanted the most now was help. She wanted to escape. Escape from this fear. She needed help but who could give her the help that she needs.

No one.

“Kai, I-“

Both Hana and Kai turned to look at the direction in which the voice came from and saw Baekhyun standing there, shocked at Hana’s appearance.

“Oh my god, Hana, are you alright?” Baekhyun immediately went forward to give her a hug.

Hana responded to hug, only tearing even more now. Kai looked at Baekhyun and Hana for a while before deciding to leave. He figured that Hana needed Baekhyun’s comfort now and since he knew he couldn’t comfort her in the way his friend could, he left.

“Baekhyun, I’m scared.”

“Shh… don’t say anything now. Let it all come out on its own.”

He soothed her back trying to get Hana to calm down. Hana cried silently, her lips trembling still from the fear.

Hana wasn’t sure what the next step she would take from here was. To avoid or not to avoid him. Sure she was still afraid but to overcome it, she has to confront him. An interesting fact, unknowingly to her, she had become curious and intrigued.

Curious of the blonde haired male. Intrigued by his beauty. Yet at the same time, afraid.