Chapter 6

The Supernatural World

Lunch period was finally over and shouts of joy came from everywhere. It was the most exciting day for students in Seoul Academy. That was because today was the day of ‘Underground Battle’. ‘Underground battle’ is a game in which random students get called upon to challenge one another in the battle ring, the one who survives until top 10 would be in the ‘Battle Champion’ title for six months before the whole game restarts. Being ‘Battle Champion’ would mean having the choice of either sitting out of classes, examinations or getting a serum injected to increase their strengths and attacking abilities.

“Hana!”

Hana spun around and saw Baekhyun running towards her.

“Excited?” Baekhyun placed his arm around Hana’s shoulders.

“Hardly.” Hana scoffed.

“You know, the last time I did it, it ended really quickly. He didn’t even make an effort.” Hana added.

“Well, you do look easy so I would understand that dude.”

“Bastard.” Hana punched Baekhyun’s arm.

Baekhyun frowned, rubbing his arm as they both walked towards the battle ring.

“Okay! Volunteers? Anyone? Before we draw 20 names, that’s right, only 20 this year.” One of them from the student council announced.

People from all around Hana looked at each other instead of raising their hands to volunteer.

“Alright then. Time to draw names.”

The male placed his hand in a box and felt it randomly, drawing two names out.

“First up, Do Kyungsoo and Kim Minah.”

Applause and shouts of encouragement came from everywhere to cheer for the contestants.

“Don’t worry Minah, I’ll promise not to give you a really big dent on your face.” Kyungsoo gave a smirk.

“Motherer.”

Minah immediately summoned a spell and trapped Kyungsoo in a cage. Kyungsoo glared at her before staring straight into her eyes. His eyes turned from brown to black and Minah froze in her spot, giving Kyungsoo a blank face.

“Release me.”

Minah obeyed and broke the spell. Kyungsoo gave a wide grin as he approached her and slam her neck first to the ground.

Hana counted to three and the student from the student council stopped the fight, declaring Kyungsoo as the winner.

“Kyungsoo wins! First champion!” He raised Kyungsoo’s left arm in the air.

“Please select your reward.”

“Serum.”

Kyungsoo went towards the serum and got himself injected. Then, names were drawn again until the last two were to go up.

The rankings that stood currently were,

  1. Do Kyungsoo
  2. Park Jaewon
  3. Park Chanyeol
  4. Kim Euna
  5. Lee Jaewon
  6. Kim Jong In
  7.  Park Jiyeon
  8. Go Minhee
  9. Byun Baekhyun

“Alright. Last pair to go up are-“ He paused.

“Jung Hana and Oh Sehun.”

“Now, remember because of the fights earlier on, this time, there will not be any use of powers but instead proper fighting with hands or legs.”

The student gasped at the new rule, whispering among themselves. Hana took a deep breath and went into the ring at the same time as Sehun.

“Good luck, Hana.” He gave her a smirk.

“You need it more than I do.”  Hana gave a fake smile.

As soon as Hana said that, Sehun lunged at her to which Hana barely managed to dodge. Hana used her leg trying to kick Sehun’s side but he caught her leg and pushed her back. Hana balanced herself and went for his knee instead, she used her leg and went around one of his leg to pull him down with her. Unfortunately for Sehun, he fell on Hana due to the tangling of legs. Hana turned around swiftly and pinned his hands behind his back as she kneed his body down.

“Time!”

“Our last winner for today is none other than, Jung Hana.”

Screams of joy and applause came from everywhere as you gave a satisfied smile. You helped Sehun up and gave him a smile.

“You alright?”

“After you pinned me? No.”

“It wasn’t that bad.” Hana gave him a light punch on the arm.

He gave her a smile and she froze. She didn’t realise how caught up she was that she was treating Sehun so friendly.

“See you around, I guess.” Hana said awkwardly as she walked off.

“See you, Jung Hana.” Sehun smiled and whispered to himself.

As expected, Hana took the serum.

“You did well.” Kai came towards her and buried his face in her neck from the back.

“So did you, Jong In.”

“I told you not to call me that.” Kai groaned.

“Well, you can’t stop me.” Hana smirked.

“Oh, believe me I can.”

“Prove it.” Hana crossed her arms in front of her chest.

Kai leaned towards her face, his lips dangerously close to hers. Hana could feel his breath on her lips as she breathed in deeply.

“I could just kiss you right here and right now, Hana. Don’t want to test me.” Kai whispered hoarsely.

“Kai, too close.”

Hana pushed him back with her face flushed.

“Someone’s blushing.” Kai smirked.

“Shut up, prick.” Hana smacked Kai’s head.

Hana walked next to Kai as the both went out of the gate. The limousine had arrived and the both of them entered the limousine to go back home.

As the limousine finally came to a stop, the both of them got out and use their powers to reach the living room.

“Ah, Hana, it appears you have forgotten my warning.”

Hana froze at the first step of the staircase leading up to the various bedrooms. She slowly turned her head to face her mother.

“What are you saying mother?”

“I clearly warned you about him and since you disobeyed me, you should be expecting-“ Hana’s mother paused and placed a finger on her chin as if she was thinking.

“Great things.” Hana’s mother smirked.

“Aunty, please stop scaring Hana.” Kai looked straight into her mother’s eyes.

“I don’t believe it concerns you.” Her mother hissed and snapped her fingers causing Kai to teleport away.

“Where the did you teleport him to?!” Hana screamed.

Ignoring Hana’s burst of anger, her mother continued,” You will pay the price of disobeying me, dear Hana.”

Her mother’s lips slowly curled upwards into a devilish grin, revealing her teeth. Hana’s mother cackled after seeing Hana’s face contorting in horror. She continued laughing as she slowly disappeared into thin air.

----

Sitting on her bed, Hana had her knees near her chest whilst hugging it. She slowly rock herself as her eyes looked at the white wall ahead of her vision. She glanced at her fingers-still trembling from the fear. She breathed out shakily as she started having flashbacks of what had happened few hours ago.

Her mother.

Evil.

Sehun.

.

.

.

.

‘Your parents? They are not exactly…trustworthy.’

‘They are not exactly…trustworthy.’

‘Your parents.’

‘Your parents.’

 

The few words kept echoing in Hana’s mind as she thought about what Sehun said. A single drop of tear rolled down her cheek as she could no longer keep the overwhelming emotions inside of her. Her crying turned into sobs, Hana desperate to hush it, used her hand to cup to not let any sound out.

‘Sehun was right.’ That was the only thought that kept repeating in her mind. What she didn’t believe in turned out to be true and it all came straight from a stranger. A stranger to her. A stranger to her life.