Smoke Alarm

The Adventures of Pineapple!Geng

Geng sighs as he rummages through the drawers, searching for a spatula. Ryeowook had been practicing his super powers earlier, but the spatula is apparently a surly sixteen year old who doesn’t approve of people telling him how to live his life. Unfortunately, Geng needs the spatula for flipping the pancakes.

He’s gone through every drawer and closet in the kitchen and still can’t find it, although he did find Kangin’s hidden stash of soju, hidden behind bottles of soy sauce and bags of rice. He decides to keep one for himself.

“Come on, I’m trying to make pancakes. You don’t want me to burn the pancakes,” he says  into the pantry. He doesn’t even know if the spatula can even understand him—talking to cooking utensils is not his specialty. He sighs and runs a hand through his hair.

Maybe he can take Ryeowook shopping and they can pick out a nice, cooperative spatula. Geng goes back to searching for a different utensil to flip the pancakes when suddenly a shrill scream permeates the entire house.

“Fire! There’s a fire! We’re all going to die!” Eunhyuk screams, pointing at the pan on the stove. Geng looks over at the pan and suddenly smoke explodes from the stove and the smoke alarm goes off and he can hear Donghae and Ryeowook both start to scream while Eunhyuk continues to wail. A stampede of footsteps comes down the stairs—Siwon has Donghae and Ryeowook slung over his shoulders while Leeteuk is leading the way, the others following close behind. Leeteuk grabs Eunhyuk by the wrist and they all escape out of the house.

“Ok, let’s see…ok, Super Junior M is all here,” Leeteuk says, calmly taking control of the situation. “We’ve got Shindong, Kangin, me…I’m forgetting someone.”

“Kibum,” Ryeowook says helpfully. Leeteuk jumps, startled, as he notices Kibum staring right up at him. “You forgot Kibum again.”

“Heechul!” Eunhyuk screams. “Heechul’s still inside!”

Geng stares at the house in horror.

“No…” he whispers. “Heechul!” He instantly starts to run back to the house, ignoring the cries of his bandmates. “Heechul, I’m coming!” he yells, trying to stuff his utter fear and panic into some small corner of his brain. If anything—anything—happens to Heechul, he’ll never forgive himself. He manages to get all the way to the door when he flings it open to be blinded by smoke. He opens his mouth to yell for Heechul once more, but just as he does, he starts coughing and choking and a small tingling begins in his fingers. No, not here. Not here, Geng silently begs, but it’s useless. A second later with a poof of yellow smoke—as if the house needs more smoke – all
that sits in the doorway is a plump little pineapple.

Geng watches in horror as there is nothing he can do. And then he hears a
familiar scream.

“What the . Seriously, this was supposed to be the day I slept in. Who the f—decided
to make pancakes anyway? Ugh. I will murder them. Where the is the alarm anyway?” Heechul suddenly appears, carrying a chair as he searches for the alarm. He blinks, then sets the chair down. “Hannie? What are you doing there? That’s a stupid place for a pineapple.”

Heechul bends down and picks up the pineapple.

“I thought you—I was worried—“

“That the alarm woke me up? Yeah, well, it did. I was going to sleep in and watch Frozen and now everything is stupid. Who burnt the pancakes anyway? Was it Wookie? It was Wookie, wasn’t it. I told him to leave the spatula alone. Here, stay here.” Heechul sets the pineapple down and finally manages to locate the smoke alarm. He climbs up on the chair and rips the alarm from the wall and throws it onto the ground. “Seriously. What is wrong with people in this house. And those were the last chocolate chips too. Ugh. I should have been in NU’EST. At least Baekho can cook. Aron’s stupid, though. He’s not even cute stupid like Hae.” Heechul manages to get most of the smoke cleared as he opens all the windows and doors and begins to fan the smoke out. “Why is the alarm so shrill? It scared half the first year plants. Where is everyone anyway? If you tell me that they all went out to the waffle house because they forgot they were making panc-”

There’s another poof of smoke and suddenly Geng is back. He throws his arms around Heechul, crushing him against his chest.

“And now you just made more smoke! If you’re going to be a pineapple, at least have the courtesy to not do it right now.”

“I was so worried,” Geng whispers, pressing kisses to Heechul’s head. “I thought you were hurt or dying and it would have been all my fault.” Heechul takes a step back.

“Wait. You did this?”

“Uh….” Geng tries to eye an exit without being too obvious, but it doesn’t work.
Heechul’s eyes narrow.

“Because if this is your fault, we are going to see Frozen in 3D. And you will buy me a crepe at the shop that I like. With extra strawberries. And you will apologize to all of the plants, especially the first years. They’re too little to be subjected to such trauma. And then you will apologize again. Do I make myself clear?” Geng nods. Heechul smiles then. “Oh good, because I’ve been craving crepes forever. Well, come on, chop chop. We don’t have all day.”

Heechul prances out the door and Geng sighs. But Heechul’s all right and that’s what matters most. A small relieved smile crosses his face. But then he hears Heechul honking the horn of his car impatiently and Geng rolls his eyes as he goes to get his wallet.