Pumpkins and Pineapples

The Adventures of Pineapple!Geng

Geng is in the bathroom, carefully slathering shaving cream on his face so that it is an even layer. He takes his razor and is about to draw it over his cheek when the door to the bathroom flies open, making him jump. He swears and is about to yell at whoever has just invaded his bathroom—it’s his turn, the chart on the door says—but his mouth shuts when he sees Donghae gazing up at him with wide, wet eyes.

“Hae! Hae, what’s wrong?” he asks, dropping the razor and holding his arms open. Donghae all but tumbles into Geng’s embrace, choking on his sobs.

“I-I was w-w-watching TV and there was Cinderella and I got s-so excited about the p-p-pumpkin and then I was so happy and Leeteuk-hyung wants to watch a show and everything is a pumpkin, please help me!” Geng quickly wipes his face off and wraps his arm firmly around Donghae as they go back to the living room.

“Oh.” Geng surveys the room. Donghae wasn’t lying. Everything is a pumpkin, except for the walls and the ceiling and the floor.  “Where’s Kyuhyun?”

“Out with Zhou Mi. I don’t know where. He said something about ropes, so maybe they’re going to get jump ropes.  I like jump roping. Why do you ask why Kyuhyun is here?”

“Because he’s the only one who can change your vegetables back.”

“Oh yeah. That is his power.” Donghae suddenly gasps. “Only Kyuhyun can fix it and he’s out playing jump rope! Hyung! Leeteuk’s show! It’s important! We have to change it back!” Donghae bursts into tears and this time Eunhyuk strolls into the room and sees him. Instantly, his eyes well up with tears as well.

“Donghae!” he exclaims and they begin to dramatically run towards each other, dodging pumpkins as they meet in the middle of the room, throwing their arms around each other. Donghae sobs into Eunhyuk’s shoulder, who his hair and bravely tries to be strong for Donghae. “What’s wrong?”

 “Yah! Why is everything a pumpkin?” Heechul demands, poking his head into the room. He catches a glimpse of Donghae and Eunhyuk and rolls his eyes. “Stop being so irresponsible with your powers,” he snaps, which only makes Donghae cry harder. “Where’s Kyuhyun?”

“Jump rope,” Donghae wails. Heechul gives him a look, then glances over to Geng. “And Leader’s show is on in half an hour and he just went to the convenient store to get more ice cream and I don’t know what to do!” Heechul sighs.

“Ok. Did he just go to the GS25? Because I’ll distract him, you get Kyuhyun back here, and then we can have our house back.” A slightly wicked smile crosses his face and he bounds up the stairs. The sound of a slamming door soon follows. Geng can already feel a slight pounding in his temples.

Not three minutes later, Heechul comes flying back down the stairs, dressed in his brand new Anna costume. He flashes Geng a smile and a peace sign before he flounces out of the door. As soon as Heechul leaves, Eunhyuk reaches for his cell phone to call Kyuhyun, although his hands are shaking entirely too much for him to dial the number. Geng sighs and takes it from him, dialing the number himself. He holds the phone to his ear and waits. And waits. And waits. Then dials again. And waits. And waits. And waits. Finally, there’s an answer.

“Geng-ge.” It’s Zhou Mi. Sounds bizarrely out of breath. “What’s up?”

“Everything is a pumpkin. Get your boyfriend over here.”

“Uh….ok. Um…can you give us like…a moment or two. We...uh…”

“Are they still playing jump rope?” Donghae asks anxiously. “I know it’s a lot of fun, but this is an emergency and they can go back to jump roping right after.” Geng sighs.

“Just get over here,” he demands before hanging up.

Eunhyuk sits down on one of the larger pumpkins, gently tugging Donghae onto his lap and doing his best to comfort him. Geng sits down on the floor, leaning back against another pumpkin and trying to calculate the probability that Kyuhyun will get back before Leeteuk.

They here the front door open and Donghae screams. Geng pales, but then Kyuhyun strolls into the room, Zhou Mi limping behind him. With his shirt inside out. And backwards. Geng does not need to know this.

“Did you have fun jumping rope?” Donghae asks.

“You could say that,” Kyuhyun says with a smirk. He whistles, taking in the room. “What the f--- happened?” Donghae’s lower lip trembles.

“I saw Cinderella on TV and I got so excited and lost control of my powers for a little bit.” Kyuhyun snickers.

“Just fix it,” Geng says.

“What will I get?”

“To live another night,” Geng retorts, feeling much too tired to deal with the evil maknae right now.

“You’ve got yourself a deal.” Kyuhyun snaps his fingers and everything goes back to the way it was. Except the pumpkin that Eunhyuk and Donghae were sitting on turns out to be Leeteuk’s treasured Chinese vase, which instantly shatters beneath their weight. Geng takes one look at it, then at Donghae and Eunhyuk’s stricken faces. Two seconds later Heechul’s cackle rings out from outside of the door. In a puff of smoke, Geng instantly pineapples. He is not handling this.