Groom Wanted!

Groom Wanted!

Chapter 8

 

Yuri looked down at her michael kors chronograph clear & rose gold-tone stainless steel bracelet watch impatiently. She had rushed from her office to meet Seohyun & Seohyun was running late. She had waited for fifteen minutes but still no sign of Seohyun. She was about to leave the place when Seohyun finally showed up, “Seohyun. You are late. I thought.” Yuri stopped when she saw a man walking behind Seohyun. She sat back down in her seat, folded her arm in front of her chest with a cold face.

 

“Kwon Yuri. Don’t give me that look.” Seohyun warned her, & pulled out a chair next to Yuri.

 

“This look isn’t for you, Seohyun!” Yuri grumbled.


“I know, I know, that pretty look is for me.” Jaejoong just smiled & sat in front of Yuri.


“Stop acting like a child! I want both of you to become friends again!” Seohyun ordered.

 

“After what he had done to me?” Yuri’s eyes widened.


“What I have done to you?” Asked Jaejoong calmly.


“You chose the crazy people for me for your own advantage. Should I mention again? Hmmm, let me think. Chatterbox, mute guy & a pig.” Yuri glared at Jaejoong.

 

“What about you? You chose crazy woman for me. A boxer & thanks to you, I still can’t whistle anymore because my lips still hurts. A cry baby who cry so hard when I open the taxi door for her & the last one is a bugs bunny that won’t stop laughing so we are even. There’s no other reason that you should stay mad at me for a whole month.” Jaejoong sighed.


“But I didn’t do that on purposes!” Yuri argued.

 

“I’m sorry okay? I couldn’t help it because I love you. I don’t want to lose you & that’s the reason why I set you up with those guys.” Said Jaejoong seriously.

 

Yuri said nothing. She just bit her pink lips & looked down.

 

Seohyun looked at Yuri & then to Jaejoong & finally opened , “Ew, your dates are scary.”

 

“Thank you, Seohyun.” Jaejoong & Yuri said in unison, glaring at her.

 

“Oh, no need to.” Seohyun waved her hand in the air.

 

Jaejoong & Yuri just looked at each other with confusion.


“Yuri, is there something else that is making you hate me?”

 

“I don’t hate you.” Said Yuri slowly. She raised her head & looked at Jaejoong sadly, “How can I hate you? You are my best friend. When you said that you love me, I was afraid that I was going to lose my best friend.” Said Yuri, her voice trembling.

 

Jaejoong sighed. Jaejoong held onto Yuri’s hand & shook it gently, “I have already made up my mind. Please forgive me? I will forget the idea. I will become the same Jaejoong, the one that you will come to every time you have a problem, your best friend.”

 

“Yuri, I’m so touched with his words. You should forgive him.”

 

Yuri looked at Jaejoong & smiled, “Really? Just a friend?”

 

“I don’t dare to lie to you anymore.” Jaejoong grinned.

 

Yuri stood up & walked towards Jaejoong. She hugged him & gave him a peck on the cheek, “I miss you.”

 

“I miss you, too.” Jaejoong messed Yuri’s hair up first before hugging her back. He was trying so hard to control the beating of his heart. Feeling her in his arms again, was like a dream. Too bad, he had to put aside his feelings for her.

 

Seohyun clapped her hands excitedly & joined them in a group hug. People all around them was looking at them, shaking their heads. A minute ago, they saw Yuri & Jaejoong arguing with each other & one second later, they were laughing together.


“So, everything is back to normal again. Prepare yourself for a date.” Said Seohyun happily.


“What do you mean by a date?” Asked Yuri curiously.

 

“I took Jaejoong Oppa’s role as a matchmaker. I will introduce you to a great guy. Is that alright with you, Oppa? I don’t want you to kill me later on.” Seohyun asked, waiting for an approval from Jaejoong.

 

Jaejoong nodded wisely, “No problem. I will support you.”


“Great. So, as a reward for you, I will introduce you to a great lady, too. Don’t worry, I have better tastes than Yuri. Wait a minute. Let’s arranged a double date.” Seohyun said excitedly, jumping up in the air with a fist.

 

Yuri stepped on her date's toe for the eighth time that night. Her concentration was running amok seeing the couple dancing intimately across the floor. Her date sighed in resignation, thinking the girl in his arm must have two left feet.

 

“Hmmm, they are a lovely couple, aren’t they?” Siwon’s voice brought Yuri back to the present. He realized that Yuri was staring at Jaejoong & his date.


“Oh...ehm, do you think so?” Said Yuri absentminded.


“Yeah. A handsome guy meeting a pretty lady. I could feel the chemistry between them.” Siwon continued, ‘The fish just caught the bait.’ He thought.

 

“Really? I don’t see anything.” Said Yuri, still keeping her gaze on Jaejoong & his date.


“Tell me about Jaejoong?”

 

“Huh? He’s fine, sweet, gentle, a great cooker, handsome, mature, know when to talk & know when to stop, his shoulder is always there for me to lean on or cry on whenever I need one.” Yuri’s eyes got softened.

 

“Fine? If he is that great, why don’t you take him as your date? I heard from Seohyun that you have several dates but never succeeded.”


“Big mouth!” Yuri cursed, “Its so hard to find a great friend like Jaejoong. Relationship will ruin everything. What if we can’t get along as lover so I thought that keeping him as a best friend is the best thing that I can do.”


“Then let him enjoy his date for tonight & throw away that sour look.” Siwon whispered.


“Well, he is a nice guy. He deserved someone better than she. Can’t you see? She doesn’t match Jaejoong.”

 

“Then who matches Jaejoong? You?”


“Excuse me?”

 

“You are jealous, young lady.” Siwon smiled.


“What? Are you kidding me? Let me tell you something. I have rejected him. He said he love me & I said no.” Yuri laughed.


“Then tell me why do you keep looking at them every minute? I could see that you are jealous since its so obvious.”

 

“I’m not.” Said Yuri nervously.


“I’m just telling what I see. Okay, let’s forget about Seohyun’s idea about pairing us together. Tell me about your feelings for him.”


“Siwon Oppa. Hello? Are you out of your mind? I have no feelings for Jaejoong.”


“Then why you look so sad to see him so happy with another girl?” Siwon asked calmly.

 

Yuri looked at Siwon & sighed, “I have to go to the ladies room. Would you wait for me at the table?”

 

Siwon shrugged his shoulder, “Sure.”

 

The ladies room was the perfect place for Yuri right now. As she looked at herself in the mirror, she could see an angry reflection of herself, staring right back at her.

 

“Oh, my god. What’s wrong with me? My date is perfect but I can’t even enjoy the night. Why can’t I stand the sight of seeing him together with someone else? I have paired him up with so many girls before but I have never felt like this before. Argh. Seohyun, you gave him a perfect girl & he’s enjoying it. Why don’t I like it?” Yuri could feel tears swelling up in her eyes. She took out some the tissue & wiped it away roughly.


“Stupid! Kwon Yuri, you can’t have these kind of feelings. He’s your best friend & you should be happy for him. Besides, when he offered a relationship with you, you said no. Oh, my god. I’m going to lose him. I know it from the way she hugs Jaejoong Oppa. She’s so beautiful & I hate her for that.” Yuri said to herself in front of the mirror.


“Ehm...are you alright?” Asked a lady, who stood next to her.


“Yes, I’m fine, even though I’m talking to myself in the mirror.” Yuri glared to her. She didn’t like interruptions. The lady shrugged & left the ladies room.


“What should I do now?” Yuri continued, “What will Oppa think about this? I guess it’s karma, coming back to bite me but now...how come I’m seeing him in a different way now? Is it because he got someone better than me? If I know that it will turn like this, I wont accept Seohyun’s idea about a double date.” Yuri stomped her feet & stopped when the door suddenly opened.


“Yuri? Ah, there you are. We have been waiting for you.” A tall, slim & beautiful lady entered the ladies room.


“Hi Boa. What’s up?” Said Yuri, as she tried to sound normal.


“Well, Jaejoong Oppa & I’m planning on going to the beach. He said that he wanted to show me a beautiful view. Do you want to see him first before we leave?”

 

“No. I will be fine. Have fun.” Said Yuri weakly, as she forced herself to smile.


“Yuri. I hope we could become good friends. I heard from Seohyun that you are his best friend. I hope I could know Oppa better from you. I think I like him a lot.”


“Sure.”

 

“Thank you. Bye Yuri.” Boa hug her before leaving Yuri all alone.


“Why am I feeling like this? God, this is crazy. I’m in love with my best friend.” Yuri murmured. She walked out from the ladies room & asked Siwon to take her home.