Groom Wanted!

Groom Wanted!

Chapter 3

 

“Okay, I have already chosen five guys that is physically suitable for me. We could close the ad for a while.” Said Yuri, after five weeks of their publication on match.com.


“I have already picked eight.” Said Jaejoong calmly. He had organized pictures of eight beautiful girls on his screen.

 

Yuri turned to give Jaejoong a hatred looked, “How come you have so many great fans? I must lower my standard to choose these boys.”

 

Jaejoong laughed & messed with Yuri’s mid-back length, curly dark brown hair. Yuri pouted & continued with her idea.


“We could mail & chat with our candidates. I will mail those girls for you & you could mail those guys for me. We could see their character from our perspective. Let’s mail & chat with them for three weeks & arrange a blind date?”

 

“Blind date?” Asked Jaejoong, worriedly.


“Don’t look at me like that, Jaejoong Oppa. It’s not that scary. That articles said don’t wait until your soul mate knocks on our door. This time, we will knock on theirs.”

 

Jaejoong drank his sprite in one whole gulp. Suddenly, he felt so thirsty, “Hmmm. You don’t have to choose my future bride. Let’s do the groom project only.”

 

“Why? Don’t tell me your scared?”

 

Jaejoong blushed. His confused look plus a red face made him look so adorable. Yuri held her chin & enjoyed the view in front of her.

 

“Why should I bother with blind date when I have already found my own bride?” Those words almost slipped out from Jaejoong’s mouth but when he saw Yuri’s enthusiasm & those bunch of mail, he decided to swallow those words back.


“Chicken.” Jaejoong almost bumped his head on the table.

 

“Quack, quack, quack.” Yuri hummed.

 

“Okay, miss Kwon. Here’s the email address of future Mrs. Kim Jaejoong. Give me your future Mr. Kwon?” Jaejoong finally gave up.

 

That week became a very busy week for Jaejoong, especially Yuri. With his perspective, Jaejoong could tell which one was the serious type, the playboy & the mommy boy type. Three perfect guy that won’t fit Yuri, “Need a bad quality person to see the good quality person.” Said Jaejoong, with a satisfied grin. Well, he knew that he did a terrible thing but as long as he didn’t choose a criminal for her, it didn’t matter.

 

Before he went to Yuri’s apartment, Jaejoong decided to pray. A prayer from someone who was asking for a soul mate.

 

“Dear god. If Yuri is my soul mate, bring her closer to me? If she’s not my soul mate, make her became my soul mate. If she’s still not my soul mate, don’t let her to be with somebody else. Make her mine? If she was somebody else’s soul mate, break them up & make her mine? Amen.”

 

‘Kwon Yuri, I present to you, your blind groom.’ Again, a smugly thought appear in Jaejoong’s mind.

 

Yuri held her chin on the table. She was sitting in Byeokje Galbi restaurant, one of the big & expensive restaurants in Seoul.

 

“One, two, three.” Yuri counted the meat that served over a hot plate by a waiter who passed over her table, ‘Wait a minute. I didn’t come here to sleep. I’m here to meet my date who unfortunately hasn’t showed up since an hour ago & if he doesn’t come, I will make sure that I will send this wine bill to him. Oh, I almost forgot about one person. Jaejoong Oppa should pay my taxi.’ Yuri shook her head to get rid of her sleepiness.

 

“I’m sorry for coming late. I have a meeting with our big supplier. I was going to call you but my secretary forgot to remind me. Please forgive me. Well Yuri, finally we meet. I’m Cho Kyuhyun but you could call me Kyu.” A man named Cho Kyuhyun said to Yuri, without any pauses between his lines.

 

Yuri raised her head & saw a nice looking guy sitting in front of her.

 

“It’s alright. I’m Yu…” Yuri said, but Kyuhyun interrupted her.

 

“I recognize you right away since I entered the restaurant. Gosh, you are so beautiful. I know that I have chosen a princess for my future wife. You look so perfect in your picture but wow, praise to god, seeing you face to face, wow.” Kyuhyun explored Yuri’s face with a wow look & made her felt uncomfortable.


“Oh please, I’m not.” Yuri waved her hand but it seem like Kyuhyun didn’t read the sign.


“So, I saw your ad last week & my heart said, ‘Yes, she’s the one I’m looking for’. From the way you responded to my email, I could read that you are such a quiet girl but I never thought you would be this quiet.” Kyuhyun gave her a charming smile that could melt any girl’s heart.

 

Yuri smiled back, “I’m not that quiet, just…”


“Oh, you are shy? I always love the shy girl. They look more feminine.” Kyuhyun stared at her with a teasing look.

 

“I’m not a shy girl. It’s just that you dominate this conversation.” Yuri mumbled, & showed him a big grin, “Well, let’s order something. Waiter, give me two barbecued beef ribs with seasoned soy sauce & add some wine for this lady. I hope you don’t mind if I choose. Trust me, their barbecued beef ribs is the best. Where were we before?” Kyuhyun snapped his long fingers to find a hint.


“Ehm...what about if you let me?” Yuri tried to steal a chance to make Kyuhyun stop talking but he must be deaf or something because he got another idea to continued the conversation.


“Do you know that you remind me of a Korean singer? Her name is Black Pearl Yul. Have you of Girls’ Generation? You should watch their music video.”


Yuri smiled & watched Kyuhyun amusedly, ‘Great. Now, I have to listen to a broken cassette. I thought that counting the meat is the perfect way to make me sleep but Kyuhyun-sshi is the best.” Yuri bit her glossy pink plump lips & tried not to yawn in front of him. Well, her parents told her that it’s not polite to yawn when somebody was talking so she just closed her eyes & fell asleep.