Groom Wanted!

Groom Wanted!

Chapter 6

 

‘This is worse than my worst nightmare. It must be karma working against me. All sneaky things I did to Yuri is coming back to haunt me. I must stop dating this girl or I will never be able to sleep again.’ Jaejoong thought to himself. He felt so uncomfortable today. Something was bugging him but what was it?

 

The thought of Yuri dating somebody else always gives him a headache but what should he worried about this time? He already chose some guy that would make Yuri turned to him. That’s the plan. When Yuri gets tired of her groom project, Jaejoong will be there as her perfect prince, ‘I will assured her that nobody is perfect for her but me.’

 

“Jaejoong Oppa? Did you hear me?” A high tone voice woke Jaejoong up from his daydreaming. That voice belonged to his third date, a funny girl who loves to laugh.

 

“Yes, you are telling me about how to make kiwi from pie, right?”


“No, I’m talking about how to make pie from kiwi. You are so funny.” Sooyoung laughed so hard so that Jaejoong should hold his glass because he was afraid Sooyoung’s voice would break it.

 

Jaejoong smiled & drank his sprite until he noticed he received an sms from Yuri.

 

‘Jaejoong Oppa, please meet me at my apartment after you are done with your date. Urgent.’

 

“Yuri. What’s wrong? I came right away after I received your message. Are you alright?” Jaejoong held Yuri’s shoulders & asked her worriedly.

 

Jaejoong has done it hundreds of time & Yuri always thought that Jaejoong did that because he was her best friend. The idea of Jaejoong loving her more than a friend made her feel so awkward with his action.


“I’m fine. I just need to talk to you.” Yuri removed Jaejoong’s hand away from her shoulder.


“Phew. I thought your date did something bad to you but at least you help me escaped from my third worst date.” Jaejoong held his chest in relieved.


“Do you love me?” Yuri blurted out, all of a sudden.


“What?” Jaejoong gaped.

 

“I said, do you love me more than a friend?” Yuri took a step closer to Jaejoong.

 

“Why do you ask?” Jaejoong suddenly felt like something was stuck in his throat, choking him.

 

“Just answer me.” Yuri pleaded.

 

Jaejoong couldn’t say anything. He wanted to confessed his feelings to her but not now. Yuri had told him before that friendship means everything to her & romance will destroyed it. He knew that he had put their friendship at risk.

 

Yuri prayed that Jaejoong will say no but from the expression on his face, she knew that Seohyun was right, “So, you set me up with those guys on purposes? How could you do that to me? I trusted you. You are supposed to be my best friend.”


“Yuri. This isn’t what you think, I…”

 

“Just tell me that you don’t love me & what happened tonight was a mistake.” Yuri shook Jaejoong’s hand & begged him for a good explanation.

 

“I do love you, Yuri. I wished you could see me more than just a best friend.” Jaejoong cupped Yuri’s face in the palm of his hand. Yuri could read his feelings so no need to pretend anymore.


“Why didn’t you just lie & we could pretend that nothing ever happened between us?” Said Yuri, disappointedly. She couldn’t control her tears anymore as it fell down, one by one.

 

“I have been hiding my true feelings for you for years now. That’s stupid & I don’t want to act more stupid by saying that I don’t love you.” Said Jaejoong seriously.


“I’m afraid that I can’t see you anymore, Oppa.” Yuri move back & walked to the door & opened it for Jaejoong.

 

“What? Yuri, we could talk about this.” Said Jaejoong in a panic tone.


“You just ruined our friendship & I need time to trust you again!” Yuri yelled at him, while tears were still running down her cheeks.

 

“Yuri…”


“Goodnight Oppa.” Seems like Yuri had made up her mind.

 

Jaejoong sighed, seeing that it was useless to argue with Yuri when she’s in a bad mood.


“I’m sorry. I’m sorry that I have set you up with those weird guys but I will never be sorry for loving you, even though I end up losing you.” Jaejoong said, before the door closed behind him.