Peppermint Latte

Loving the Unreachable

Hey guys! Sorry for the wait real life has not been good the past year and frankly I'm still dealing with a few issues. Thank you for waiting so long for this update! Hope you like it and once again sorry for the wait! Also please don't leave reviews telling me to update soon. It puts a lot of pressure on me since I worry alot about the quality of my chapters. If you do have any questions about the story or even myself feel free to leave a review. I enjoy reading them an I try to answer them as soon as I am able to. 


 

Slowly Chanyeol was feeling better, brighter. The fans still left heartfelt wishes for him to smile his gummy smile again as they could tell he still was not a hundred percent and the maknaes still tried to treat him to a million food options. Still though after his trip to the coffee shop he was slowly feeling less affected by Kris. It still hurt him every time he saw news about the star or when he accidentally came across a picture or gift he had not boxed up yet. Scars on the heart are always the hardest to heal. He did however get a makeover as suggested by Baekhyun and dyed his once red hair an icy blue. It was a dramatic switch for himself and the fans but he felt more confident, like a weight was lifted off his shoulders.

He came back to the coffee shop again, partially because it did have phenomenal coffee like Baekhyun said and the other part was to see that nice shy fan again. That was what Chanyeol loved the most about going out on the streets was meeting the fans that could not afford traveling for fan meets or were unlucky enough not to picked for any events they did. He loved the connections he formed and some of his fans can now be called his friends, not all of them but he did have frequent contact with a few once they got passed the idol image.

Opening the door, he was greeted by that homely atmosphere again and the smell of fresh coffee. He waited patiently in line and ordered peppermint latte, not his normal order but he did like to switch it up once in a while. He told the cashier that his name was Yeol before standing by the counter and searching for the cute barista. “Are you looking for Xiumin Yeol-ssi?” a voice from behind him asked. He almost jumped in surprise but quickly composed himself. “Sorry about that. I’m Himchan the owner of this café and a friend of Baekhyun’s. He told me that you were quite enamored with my worker.” Himchan wanted to say nephew but knew it was not appropriate in the work environment.

“Ah- I just wanted to talk to him. He seemed really nice and I always like meeting new fans.” Chanyeol whispered embarrassed. He grabbed his coffee once his name was called out and Himchan motioned him to sit with him at one of the back tables.

“That’s very sweet of you Yeol-ssi. Xiumin is at school right now so he will not be in until 4, that’s about an hour away. He was pleased to meet you last week. I know he’s a little shy and cold at times but please be patient with him.” Himchan smiled.

“Thank you for the advice.” Chanyeol smiled back. “Do you think he would like to talk to me?”

“Not while he’s working but if you ask him to hangout later I’m sure he’ll be happy. He might refuse at first but that’s because he’ll be nervous around you. After all you are his bias.”

Even though Baekhyun told him as much last time they were here Chanyeol still blushed a little in embarrassment. He thanked Himchan before leaving the shop to shop around a little. He wanted to get s and manager presents for putting up with him during this whole hurricane about Kris. He felt guilty for putting his feelings first and ignoring the worries of s. For Kai he got some puppy accessories, Sehun was a book on the latest choreography and how to teach it, Kyungsoo was a new cookbook, Suho was the latest mystery novel, Yixing a shirt with a unicorn on it, Baekhyun he got a couple t-shirt for Taeyeon and him since they loved matching outfits. Satisfied with his haul he packed everything into his car and decided to come back to the coffee shop another day. He did not want to bug Xiumin too much and the fact he needed to make up for lost time practicing for their new song.

He arrived at the dorm and handed everyone their gifts along with a verbal apology, that lead to a wrestling match because Baekhyun already told him to not apologize about the situation. Soon the group headed off to individual practice. Chanyeol was in the dance studio with Kai working on the choreography getting frustrated as he kept messing up on one part. “Chanyeol let’s take a five-minute break. Think about where you mess up and why you think you are messing up.” Kai paused the music.

Chanyeol let out a frustrated sigh before sitting down. He couldn’t get the stance right. Something felt off about it and it was bothering him. Once the break was over he told Kai. Kai laughed because he felt stupid himself for not seeing it as his choreographer. Chanyeol was taller that the other members so that meant his stance was a little wider than the others on certain dance moves. “Chanyeol don’t worry it was my fault I forgot to adjust your choreography again. Okay let’s try it again by go a little wider so you have a little more weight to ground you better.” They started practicing again and by the time Chanyeol felt comfortable with the choreography it was late at night.

“Welcome back Yoda.” Baekhyun cackled as Chanyeol walked through the door and promptly tripped over Baekhyun’s shoes, deliberately placed there for that purpose.

“ you Bacon.” Chanyeol looked at his best friend with narrowed eyes. “Don’t you have a date with Noona. I’m sure she’ll be pleased when I tell her you’re late because you wanted to play a prank on me.” Baekhyun paled and rushed out the door shouting an apology.

“Chanyeol that was mean you know Baekhyun doesn’t have a date today.” Suho frowned.

“Doesn’t mean there won’t be one when he gets to Noona’s apartment.” Chanyeol smiled. “She was texting me earlier on how Baekhyun’s been too busy for them to go out.” Suho sighed before moving to the kitchen to check on dinner. Chanyeol smiled to himself. Yeah today is much better that yesterday. Maybe it will be better tomorrow.