BBQ

Loving the Unreachable

Sorry for the short Chapter but hey it's Chapter 2! This chapter is to give a little insight into Chanyeol so I hope you like it! Thank you for reading!


 

Chanyeol was bored. It wasn’t that he had nothing to do per say, there is plenty to do in Seoul and the fact that his schedule was busy being an idol, but he was bored and sad. His boyfriend, Kris, left him without a word three days ago. No amount of calling or texting had helped and Chanyeol had given up in keeping contact with the man. Baekhyun, his best friend, tried to cheer him up but he was busy today as both he and his girlfriend had a day off. Chanyeol sighed deeply.

“Hyung come out with us.” The maknae of Exo, Sehun whined with the ‘Umma’ of the group D.O.

“I don’t feel like it.” Chanyeol’s deep voice uttered, it felt dry and sounded rough from the crying he did at night. During the day he tried to not let Kris’ departure affect him but at night he cried in his best friend’s arms. The maknaes nodded with looks of concern before leaving the dorm.

Chanyeol sighed again, sometimes it didn’t feel like three days have passed. It felt longer or shorter at different times of the day, today he woke up expecting to be in Kris’ apartment with Kris sleeping next to him. Shaking his head he tried to expel the thoughts, “Let’s just watch some news. TV should help me forget for a little bit.” Chanyeol muttered to himself. He turned the TV on and settled into a comfortable position on the couch as the room was filled with stories of war, politics, and weather.

“Breaking News. This has just been reported that Model Wu Kris has been spotted on a date with Actress…” The rest faded away as Chanyeol stared at the picture of Kris kissing a woman. Not only was he dumped but he was dumped for the opposite gender. The reporter continued to ramble on about the ‘scandal’ and Chanyeol violently pressed the off button of the TV before going to his room and collapsing on his bed in a heap of devastation.

That was how Baekhyun and Taeyeon found him when they entered the dorm. “Channie-ah.” Baekhyun and Taeyeon hugged the crying man between them. “Do you want to talk about it?” Taeyeon asked, she always saw Chanyeol as a little brother so it hurt her to see him like this.

“Kris… Kris has a gi-girlfriend.” Chanyeol said in between sobs. Baekhyun’s face turned into a furious scowl but he couldn’t say anything as his girlfriend beat him to it. “Chanyeol if he did that he never deserved you in the first place.”

“Noona?”

“I know you really loved him Channie but he didn’t love you the way you should have been loved.” Taeyeon smiled at Chanyeol who looked like a lost child. She forgot that he basically grew up in SM and had no strong support from his parents leaving him desperate for love sometimes. “Chanyeol if he loved you he would have treasured you more. He would not have left like he did or have pulled a disgusting stunt like this. Chanyeol he wasn’t right for you. You are someone who loves purely and wholeheartedly, you need someone who loves you like that as well. Look at me and Hyun-ah we love each other equally because the way we love matches well. I know it’s hard now but you will find that special person.”

Chanyeol’s tears subsided by the end of Taeyeon’s advice and he nodded, “Thank you Noona, Hyung.”

“Don’t worry Chanyeol. Besides if you ever decide you want to beat him up I’ll ask Nichkhun-hyung in a heartbeat or Tiffany-noona. She’s super scary when mad and she thinks of you like her brother so she doesn’t mind going Mama Bear for you.” Chanyeol cracked a smile at Baekhyun’s rambling.

“Thanks Hyung I’ll keep that in mind.”

“Great now let’s go eat some meat. I’m hungry and I want BBQ.” Baekhyun snapped in a sassy tone that made his girlfriend and best friend laugh.