Americanos Again

Loving the Unreachable

Hey guys just a little update. Might not be able to update for a bit after this with school and all. Thank you for all the support, from both old and new subscribers. You guys are seriously the reason I even keep writing. Hope you all are doing well! ^_^


 

Since the day that Chanyeol found out about Kris the affects lingered. Even the fans noticed Chanyeol wasn’t as bright as he used to be and sent get well cards with encouraging messages. Baekhyun and the rest of Exo tried to get his mood up but nothing seemed to work. “Chanyeol let’s go get some coffee.” Baekhyun dragged his friend from the practice room and out into the busy streets of Seoul. They were both disguised, and to their luck most people were wearing masks due to a new sickness being passed round. Baekhyun took him to a small little cafe while babbling how he and Taeyeon-noona came here often and how the barista here was really nice.

They entered the cafe and Chanyeol was felt a warm and peaceful atmosphere wash over him. He felt comforted in the café. Baekhyun dragged him to the counter to order where he saw a small man, everyone was small compared to Chanyeol, taking orders and making the coffee with an obvious passion. “Hello what would you like to order?” The man, Xiumin Chanyeol’s eyes supplied with the nametag on Xiumin’s shirt, asked.

“Two Iced Americanos please.” Baekhyun ordered.

“Baekhyun-ssi?”

“How did you know?” Baekhyun blinked in surprise.

“I recognized your voice. There is a table near the back that opened a few minutes ago if you want to stay a little more hidden. Himchan-hyung says that you usually like it back there.” Xiumin replied as he took the payment for the coffee.

“Thank you Xiumin-ssi. Just call out Yeol when the orders ready and this big oaf will come grab them.”

“Chanyeol-ssi?” Xiumin slid his eyes over to Chanyeol with an almost unnoticeable blush.

“Hello.” Chanyeol bowed.

“I’ll do that Baekhyun-ssi. Your order will be out in a few minutes. The two stars then sat down at the back table. “It seems like you have a fan boy Channie-ah.” Baekhyun smirked, Chanyeol knew that he was despite the mask.

Chanyeol blushed, “No he probably is like that every time he meets an idol.”

“Maybe but he didn’t blush when he saw me or Tae-noona.”

“Shut up hyung.” Chanyeol flushed with embarrassment. “I’m sorry I’ve been a baby lately.” Chanyeol looked down at the table with guilt and shame.

“Hey,” Baekhyun placed his hand on Chanyeol’s shoulder, “We are all allowed to be a little down once in a while. Your down time just has more justification than most so it’s nothing to apologize about.” Chanyeol nodded. “Yeol-ssi!” Xiumin called out as he placed the two Iced Americanos on the ‘pick-up’ part of the counter. Chanyeol stood up and grabbed the coffee, “Thank you for the coffee Xiumin-ssi.”

Xiumin blushed, “It’s no problem just make sure you enjoy it. You look like you need a nice cup of coffee and some cake. Get well soon Chanyeol-ssi.”

“I will. Don’t worry and you can call me Yeol if you want?” Xiumin smiled and nodded before going back to work. Baekhyun and Chanyeol left the café as the longer they stayed there the more likely they would attract fans, who would flood the café and half of them wouldn’t even buy coffee making the café lose business.  Once they were back to the dorm Chanyeol was attacked by Kyungsoo and Suho who were clucking away like mother hens.

“I’m fine hyungs. Baekhyun-hyung just took me out for coffee. It was nice to be out of the dorm.” Chanyeol smiled a bright smile and the others relaxed as Chanyeol’s happy virus nature was returning.

“You better be alright Chanyeol or I will set Kai on you. You know he worries more than I do.” Kyungsoo smiled. Chanyeol cringed at the thought of Kai, their choreographer, being told for the fact that he was more of a mother hen than Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo was dating him. Kai was always concerned about all of them as he viewed all of Exo as his brothers, minus his lover Kyungsoo, and would do anything for them.

“I am hyung. Don’t worry, Kai won’t have to get involved in this mess.” Chanyeol ruffled his hyung’s hair, as the older man was smaller than him. “I’m going to go to bed now.” Chanyeol left and the other members slowly went back to what they were doing before with the addition of Baekhyun. Today Chanyeol was one step closer to healing his shattered heart and that thought made Chanyeol smile a little as he drifted off into sleep.