Iced Americanos

Loving the Unreachable

Xiumin rushed to th coffee shop he worked at as he was currently late due to his history teacher. He hoped his boss wouldn't yell at him as it was his first time late but you can never knw when it was a good day for his boss Kim Himchan a single father who stayed up late to take care of his toddler. He ran through the backdoor and opened his locker and quickly stripped of his casual clothes. Onced he was dressed in uniform he went out to the counter and started taking customers' orders. Today was a good day for his boss as he only glared at the late college student. 

"What can I get you today?"Xiumin smiled at the interesting couple tha walked up to the counter. They both had sunglasses on as well as baggy clothes. The only thing that suggested they were a couple were the matching couple rings they wore.

"Two Iced Americanos please."

"Two Iced Americanos, anything  else?"

"No thank you."

"May I also get you name that you want called out?" Xiumin asked as the ordered was paid for.

"Baekhyun." Xiumin nooded as he wrote the name onto the two cups before looking up in shock. "Um.. This may sound rude and you probably get this alot but are you Baekhyun from Exo?" Xiumin whispered the last part as you never know who is a fan.

The man nodded hesitantly, "Thank you for your patronage. I hope you enjoy your coffee." Xiumin smiled while on the inside he was squeeling. He met the Baekhyun and most likely his girlfriend Taeyeon today and was making coffee for them. Xiumin shook is headlightly as he finished up the Americanos calling out Baekhyun once they were set on the counter for pick-up. The rest of the day seemed uneventful to that chance encounter earlier and Xiumin was soon infront of his locker again taking off is uniform being ignored by all the high school employees that felt intimidated by their older colleague.

"Xiumin please come to my office!" Himchan yelled from the office adjacent to the locker room.

"Neh Hyung!" Xiumin called back as he finished getting dressed. He went to the office feeling slightly nervous, "Sit down Xiumin, don't worry you're not in trouble." Himchn smiled at the cute face Xiumin was making, it looked like a scared kitty. "Xiumin I just wanted to thank you for not announcing Baehyun and Taeyeon's presence earlier today. They have been loyal customers and usually come when it's only me in the cafe or send Taeyeon's manager to get coffee."

"It's no problem boss. Beside I love Exo and TaeTiSeo just like any other fan but I do know that tey also deserve their privacy sometimes."

"Oh? Who is your favorite in Exo?"

Xiumin blushed before muttering, "Chanyeol."

Himchan chuckled, "I should have know you would like tall men since you're short. But that was not the only reason I pulled you back here. Would you be able to watch Zelo tonight? My friends want to introduce me to the dating scene again and I would feel safer leaving him with someone I know."

"Hyung..."

"I know it might be a shock but I really do see you as a younger brother especially since that day you showed up on my door with nothing but your book bag. Jongup loved you too Xiumin I wish you relied on me a little more."

"I didn't want to take advantage of you Hyung."

"I know but at least come eat dinner with me once in a while I miss you." Himchan's gaze was soft but filled with worry for the man he felt like he raised. It made him proud to see how far Xiumin had come but he was lonely once Jongup and Xiumin left despite there being his most precious gift from Jongup, his little Zelo.

"I'll watch Zelo tonight." Xiumin dodged the statement and Himchan let it slide knowing Xiumin would just get more and more defensive if bothered further.

"Thank you Xiumin." Xiumin left the room and grabbed his backpack before leaving the building and heading towards Himchan's apartment complex. Xiumin loved Himchan and his little family but he knew he was a burden on them due to medical problems that he is still facing. Also the guilt of Jongup's death was still heavy in his heart, despite Himchan's assurances. When he opened the door he was greeted by Himchan's friend and usual babysitter Daehyun. Daehyun was a nice guy that was a food monster and quickly turning Zelo into one as well. The only difference was that Zelo was already taller than most of his peers and Daehyun was just average height for a man in his late twenties.

"Minnie! Happy to see you! Zelo-ah look it's Minnie-hyung!" Daehyun yelled with excitment as he and the toddler raced to the door then proceeded to squeeze the air out of Xiumin's lungs. When they let go Xiumin took a deep breath before saying his hellos to them both and scooping up Zelo to carry him to the kitchen. "Are you hungry yet my little Z-man?" Xiumin asked softly.

"Neh Hyung! Dae-hyung was mean and wouldn't let me eat after snacktime today!" Zelo stuck his tounge out at Daehyun who was gapping at the child in surprise, "You told me you wanted to wait till dinner!"

Zelo giggled as he hid his face in Xiumin's chest asthe older boy pat his head in amusment. "What do you want for dinner Z'man?"

"I want those noodles we ate last time Hyung!" Zelo squeeled. This was the only time he was allowed not to eat vegetables because his Daddy was with Uncle Younjae and Uncle Sunggyu. 

"Of course Zelo-ah. Now go say goodbye to Deahyun-hyung so he can return to Uncle Youngjae."

"You make it sound like I'm a dog." Daehyun grumbled as he hugged Zelo goodbye. Zelo kissed Daehyun's cheek the went back to cuddling Xiumin.

"Bye Daehyun-hyung." Xiumin bowed lightly.

"Bye Minnie-ah. Call more often we all miss you. Jongup would want you to." Daehyun smiled at his cute dongsaeng that had a harder burden than most people. Xiumin nodded before going into the pantry and taking out two packets of ramen. Daehyun left and the rest of the night was filled with a laughing Zelo and Xiumin. When morning came Himchan had returned Xiumin quietly left and went to school.

 


Thank you so much for your interest in this story. It will start out slow just to build development and background of each character as well as I wish to complete my other story before this one. I hope each of you will wait patiently as I really do not like people asking me to update faster. I am a college student who is working so I do have a busy schedule and homework always will come first. Thank you again for reading this.