chapter 06

Your Star ★ 너의 별

+++++++ Author's POV +++++++

It's Sunday and the sky was still pouring the Earth with its fill. Soojung felt like dying of cold under her duvet which she came to decide to get off from her bed and grabbed another piece of her thick coat to keep herself warm. As she walked to her wardrobe, she took a glance at her roommate, Amber. She's still under her duvet but something else caught Soojung's attention. Amber was shaking underneath. What's happening to the said girl?

 

+++++++ Soojung's POV +++++++

I took a glance at Amber and she looked like she's shivering underneath. Was she that cold? Well, guess I looked like that as well. 'But why am I having this unsettled feelings? Maybe I should check upon her'. "Amb? Amber? Hey Amb... Are you okay?" I asked shaking her slightly. I kind of heard her mumbled something but it was muffled under her duvet and obviously I couldn't understand a thing. I decided to pull off her duvet. "Amb..." I trailed as I touched her bare elbow. "Oh my gosh Amb! You are burning!" I frantically shrieked as I felt her skin was burning as our skin touched . I moved my hand towards her forehead then her neck afterwards. 'Oh God, she's having a fever right now and I need help!' Well I meant she needed help and I'm obviously the one to help her but I still need someone to help me! 'Oh my gosh! What am I supposed to do??? Okay okay Soojung, breath first'. In.....and out. Again! In....and out. One last time. In.....and......out. 

'Okay, now, think Soojung-ah!' Aha! I grabbed my cellphone. I decided to call Vic. She should help Amber right? Afterall she's her girlfriend. She's her girlfriend right? Well I didn't really have proof to that or either Amber ever told me before but based on what I had seen before they should be one right? A couple I mean. Come on! Look at them, they were always lovey dovey and hugging (not to mention kissing..well it's just on the cheeks but who knows they are shy in front of others).

"Soojung-ah" hearing Amber's weak voice just snapped me out of my thoughts.

My God! I just let my thoughts wander around when I was supposed to work on such an important thing! "Yes Amb? You need anything?" I asked, scooting over to her side to hear her better.

"I'm cold...." she weakly said. I hurried over to my bed, took my duvet and quickly covered her shivering self. "Thanks" she muttered.

Sighing, I scrolled my contact list on my phone. After a moment of scrolling and scanning through my contact list, I finally realized: I didn't have Vic's phone number! And I didn't know her room either! 'My God! Why am I so stupid?' Ugh. Think again, brain! Oh yeah! Amber's phone. I took her phone from her table and quickly browsed her call log. "I'm sorry Amb, I do not intend to intrude your privacy or whatsoever but this is emergency!"  I gave Vic a ring.

"Yeoboseyo, unnie?"

"Uh? Soojung is it..?" Vic hesitated.

"Yup. Unnie, Amber is sick. I guess she has a fever. She's burning all over. Can you come here?" I explained every detail over the phone.

"Aigoo...ottoke? I'm not in the hostel right now. My class had a field trip today and we are currently on our way to Sang-am dong" Vic sounded guilty.

 

+++++++ Author's POV +++++++

And here Soojung felt like crying not knowing what to do. She had never taken care of a sick person so she had no idea what to do. Even when her sister was sick, she never really taken care of her. Not that she didn't care about her, it was simply because her parents got her sister her own personal nurse and even a nanny plus Soojung was way too young back then, 11 to be exact. All she ever did for her sister was keeping her company and have a chat not to let her other half bored.

 

+++++++ back to Soojung's POV +++++++

"Oh my God, unnie! What am I supposed to do then? I have never taken care of a sick person before!" I exclaimed.

"Okay okay, Soojung-ah, listen. Firstly, stop panicking." Vic continued after a moment. "Alright, now go over to Amb's drawer. I'm pretty sure she has pills because I told her to have some in case of emergency. Give that to her but make sure she eats something first" Vic gave me a clear instruction. 

"Okay okay but unnie, what am I suppose to give her? I mean.. feed her" 

"Feed her some porridge. You can ask the ahjumma at the dining hall to make some. And have a cup of hot chocolate as back up in case she couldn't swallow the porridge."

"Thanks unnie! I really don't know what to do!" 

"It's okay Soojung-ah. Please take a good care of my Llama and do tell me if something goes wrong, okay?"

"Sure thing, unnie" I tried to sound assured.

"Thanks Soojung"

"She's my roommate, my friend unnie. I can't just ignore her." 

Then we hang up.

 

I changed into proper clothes and headed over to the dining hall. I stopped by the sick bay as well to retrieve some pills in case Amber didn't have them. (Well, actually I kind of forgot to check that before).

 

"Amber.... Amb...?" I slowly woke her up. "I brought you some porridge and pills. Come on, wakey wakey" I shook her arm, trying to persuade her. She slowly opened her eyes. She smiled weakly at me.

"Help me?" She asked.

"Sure" I held her up and helped her leaned against the wall. "You want me to feed you?"

"Please?" She looked at me with her puffy eyes.

I managed to feed her well without spilling a thing (congrats Soojung-ah, you've done great!). After that I gave her the pills and let her have a rest.

 

                     -----------------------------------------------------

 

+++++++ Amber's POV +++++++

I woke up in the dark. I wasn't not sure what time it was whether it was in the evening or night already. I felt something heavy on my forehead, so I grabbed it. A wet towel. As I just woke up it took quite a moment to have everything registered through my head. Then I saw something - someone actually by my bed side, sleeping. Soojung? Ugh. My head ached. After a while I kind of managed to put things together- I had a fever and Soojung was taking care of me. I flashed a smile. 

Soojung then moved a bit and finally woke up from her sleep. 

"Amber?" She raised her head looking at me.

"Yes, princess?"

"Look who's saying whom a princess now. Really, what time is it?" She asked me.

I took a look at my phone "6.30pm" 

"Wow, you have been sleeping that long?" She yawned.

"Nope. I have been awake about 30minutes already"

"Why didn't you wake me up then?"

"You look tired. Must have been hard taking care after me." I trailed off feeling a bit guilty.

"Naa... Ain't a biggie though" she assured a smile. "You want something to eat or drink? I'll get it for you"

"Urm... Can I have a cup of hot choc?" I bit my lip.

"Sure. Wait a sec. I'll heat up the water first." She then stood up, the light and walked over to her desk where she placed her electric kettle.

 

We were sitting on my bed while I was drinking my hot choc. I guessed my fever has gone down a bit as well as my headache. Just then I noticed bruises and some cuts on her arms. I put down my coffee break and reached out to her arms.

"What happen?" I enquired.

"Oh? Ah~ nothing. It was my own fault"

"Tell me" I said, looking straight into her eyes (she had a pair of REALLY mesmerizing eyes). She looked away avoiding my eyes. "Soojung-ah~"

"I fell down the stairs."

"How?"

"I was in rush to get you the porridge and the pills" She said looking at the floor.

I brought her hands closer and kissed it "I'm sorry" then I leaned in closer before she could say anything and placed another kiss on her cheek "and thank you Soojung-ah" I said before I leaned back.

"Oh. My. God." Soojung said in a monotonous voice. "You just kissed me. I am so dead."

"Huh? Why? You afraid your boyfriend might kill you? Even if he would kill someone, it would be me" I was getting flustered.

"Not my boyfriend, stupid! I don't even have one. I mean Vic unnie might kill me if she know this!" She said dramatically.

"What? Vic? Why would she?"

"Ain't she's your girlfriend?" 

I could not help but laugh. "Vic - my - what??? Ahahahahaha" 

"What's so funny?" She glared at me.

"Where the hell did you get that idea?"

"Come on! You two are always together and looking sweet, hugging and pecking each other. That's where the idea came from, satisfied?"

"Uh.... well I kissed you just now does that make us an item? And as for Vic, we are close since forever because we are COUSINS" 

"WHATTT????" Well, that escalated quickly. "Cousins??" She asked not believing.

"Yes, princess. We are blood related. Satisfy now? So, rest assure, no one is going to kill anyone"

"Okayy..." I could tell she's still digesting that.

 

"By the way, mind telling me how you ended up being this sick?" She raised her brows.

"Uh. I played basketball last night with Kris and the gang." I said almost offhandedly.

"You what??? It's freaking raining last night you idiot!" 

"It didn't at first but when it did, it made the game more fun" I sang song and that sure awarded me a knock on my head from the Ice Princess "Ouch!" I exclaimed rubbing my sore spot.

"You deserve that, Llama!" She rolled her eyes, getting off my bed. Huffing, she walked over to her bed. 

"I'm sorry Soojung-ah!"

And...a pillow hit my face, hard! I just flash grined and she rolled her eyes again.  

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A/N : there, an update. it's kryber this time around!! akaka.. well, I just can't contain my krisyeol feels before and I miss them :/. anyway, hope you guys enjoy this update and sorry if I made any mistake up there. I ain't an English native, so yeah~ please leave a comment and upvote ( if u think this story deserves it)