chapter 01

Your Star ★ 너의 별

++++++++Author's POV++++++++

 

Amber's Mom and dad had already left for States - their flight was at 3pm but she didn't really mind. She hasdVictoria by her side afterall. She was really glad her parents allowed her to study in Korea - SMart High School and stay with Victoria along with her family. They had known each other since born - well, since Amber's born - Vic is a year older. 

 

It was not like she didn't like States but she hated the fact she was apart from Vic. They had been living apart since Amber's father had to transfer to States leaving Victoria and her family back in China and it had been like 7 years since! They did meet for special occassion like Chrismast or Chinese New Year since Amber's parents were really busy. Her dad was working as an ambassador while her mom was a lecturer in a well-known university in States. 

 

It had been 2yrs since Victoria moved to Korea. Her dad was managing their hotel branch in Seoul so she had moved to Korea along with her mom and dad. 

 

Vic had been telling how interesting Korea was to Amber and that surely intrigued her. She even signed up for Korean language class back when she was in States. She was able to speak Korean even it sounded a bit awkward - even to her. Well, foreign language really takes time for someone to fully master it.

 

Amber gave Vic a bear hug. She really missed her other half.

"Amb! Dont' tell me you still miss me? You have been hugging me since you arrived here this morning! Do you really need to hug me every 10 minutes?" Vic whined trying to push her away. 

"Yes, I still miss you! And this is payback for parting away with me for 7 freaking years!" She tightened her hugs for a second then loosen it back.

"The thing is, I can't breath, Amb! Payback? Yeah sure. You said that everytime we met each other for holiday" Vic tries to push her away but failed.

"Fine!" Amber pushes her at last. "I just miss you so much because I love you. Guess you don't miss me or love me as much as I do right?" She pouted.

"Keke. Oh come on, Amb! You know just how much I treasure you! Since when you know how to sulk, ey?" She pinched her cheeks.

"Ouch, that is freaking hurt!" She pushed Vic's hands.

"Owh, come on darl" she pulled Amber in her arms and tightened the hug. Amber huged her back. Both of them chuckled.

Amber really missed Vic and how she loved hugging with her. She released the hug and pecked Vic on her cheek. She giggled as Vic plant her a quick peck as well.

 

*********************************

 

"Let's go to your room!" Victoria helped Amber with her bags.

"Why don't they let us be roommates since we can never be classmates?! Ugh" she kicked her luggage.

"Oh come on. Told you the rules here. The rooms are strictly provided for students of same age" Victoria put her arms over Amber's shoulder, comforting her. Amber's shoulders slumped. "Cheer up, Amb! I'll visit your room. Okay?"

"Promise?" Amber held up her pinky finger.

"Of course!" Vic linked her pinky with Amber's

"Okay then" Amber smiled.

 

Right then, Vic's mobile rang.

"Hello? Ouh really.. I'll be there as soon as I can" she hung up her phone.

Amber raised an eyebrow inquiring the details from the other.

"Oh, I need to go to the office. Apparently they don't have enough seniors to assist the newcomers." It was the registration day for new students. The seniors had already came 2 days prior assisting college admin for today's event. 

"Oh, okay then." Amber said with a lower tone.

"I'm so sorry Amb" Vic apologized.

"naa~ no biggie but you are buying me dinner" she gave the other 'i aint taking a no for the answer' look.

"Alright, alright. I'm going first" she gave Amber a hug before leaving. "Amb, make friends with your roommate!" Victoria shouted from afar

"Ai ai, capt!" Amber made a mock salute to her. 'Make friends...'

 

Amber was finally in front of her room. 'This is it. Let's meet new people'. She turned the doorknob and pushed the door "Annyeong-" apparently there was no one in the room. 'Well, maybe she went out for lunch" she says to herself seeing the other bed is occupied with someone's stuff. Amber then started to unpack her things. After halfway through unpacking she felt tired and sleepy that she decided to take a nap.

 

**************************************

 

She was awaken by some voices. She woke up and saw two girls were talking while organizing their stuff on the other side of the room. She rubbedher eyes and makes a little nod at them, acknowledging their presence.

"Annyeonghaseyo" her voice sounded a bit hoarse since she has just woken up.

"Nae, annyeonghaseyo" the two answer in a low voice. Amber continued unpack her stuff.

 

She noticed the girls were whispering something and stealing glance at her at times. Feeling annoyed she turned to their direction, raising her eyebrows - gesture signaling if they want to ask her anything. She could hear one of them tried to clear then...

"so..are you sending off your sister?"

'Wha--?' "Nope. I'm here to send myself in" 'wait- that sounds...weird!' She mentally banged her head. "I mean, i'm a new student enrolling here. They gave me a room so i'm here"

"but this college is for girls" the blonde girl interrupted. "And you are.."

"i'm a girl" she cut in 'another misunderstanding'

"REALLY???!!" the girl with coffee skin next to her nudged the blonde by the elbow. 

"oh, we are sorry. I'm Luna from room next door and she's Soojung, your roommate", she pointed to the girl next her who was still in disbelieve by the fact that the other was actually a  girl." Nice meeting you." She smiled.

"and you..?" Soojung.

"Oh, I'm Amber. A girl and nice meeting you as well" she replied.

"We are sorry about earlier" Luna bowed her head apologetically.

"ah, it's okay. Used to that" amber waves her hands

"it's not our fault though  since you are dressed like that" Soojung covers her lips right after. 

 

To anyone who didn't know Amber or didn't look at her properly, they might mistaken her as a guy. Short hair and fashion style that she pulled off really made her looked like one. Her outward appearance was like that - well, as well as her behavior though. 

 

'This girl's mouth is really something' amber thought to herself.

"I'm sorry. That was quite rude of me" she apologized.

"No biggie. I dressed like this since I was little and I like it" Amber was used to that kind of reaction so she didn't take it to her heart. Soojung on the other hand bit her lips feeling guilty.

"Okay girls..we still have tons to unpack so lets get moving shall we?" Luna tried to make up for the awkward moment.

"Yeah~" and so they just continued doing their own stuff. 

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A/N this is my 1st fanfic n idk how long shld i write per chap..i'm sorry if this considered long. Please comment so i would know how u feel about this chap/story