chapter 02

Your Star ★ 너의 별

++++++++Author's POV++++++++

 

After Luna left the room, the two hadn't speak much. It was still awkward for them. Soojung was about to ask Amber something when the other's phone rang indicating a new incoming message. 

 

From: Vic♥

Whatcha doin? Let's go out and have dinner ^^ -1715

 

To: Vic♥

Nothing much -,- I've already finished unpack my stuff. Sure, what time? ^ㅅ^ -1716

 

From: Vic♥

I'll come to your room around 6. Wanna take a look at your room :) -1718

 

To: Vic♥

Okay then. I'll shower first. :* -1718

 

She headed for  shower after looking at her watch. It's a good thing the washroom was in their room. Every room at the hostel had been provided with a washroom each. She didn't forget to bring along her change of clothes. It' certainly be awkward to change in front of someone you just knew.

 

Amber was fixing her hair in front of the mirror when she heard knocks on the door.

"Oh hey Vic, come in!" Victoria came in and noticed Soojung at her desk

"Annyeonghaseyo, Victoria imnida" she smiled at her bowing a bit.

"Ah nae, annyeonghaseyo. Soojung imnida" she replied with a little bow. 

 

Victoria then walked towards Amber's closet and checks her stuff. "Owh~ you've organized your things well" she patted Amber's back.

"Of course! What do you take me for?" She rolled her eyes

"Hahah guess you are doing fine without me and sorry about earlier" Vic shot her an apologetic look.

"Told ya, it's nothing. I aint a kid anymore. I'm all set, lets go" she puts on a red snap back "Leggo!" Vic chuckled 

"Oh, wait" Amber turned towards Soojung "Soojung, we are going out for dinner. Do you want anything?"

"Mwo?" Soojung was taken aback

"I said I'm going out. Do you need anything? I can get it for you" The short haired girl repeated. Soojung had this weird look on her face.

"Why? Are you sick?" She questioned the blonde.

"Amber, you are speaking in Chinese and I don't get a word!" Soojung said with a hint of frustration.

Coming to realization, Amber and Vic can't help but laugh. Amber and Victoria were talking to each other in Chinese since earlier and they didn't even notice it!

 

"Oh, mianeh Soojung ssi. Amber's saying that we are going out for dinner. Do you want us to buy anything for you?" Victoria kindly explained in Korean.

"Ah~ no, im fine. I'll be going out too with Luna - thanks anyway" Soojung replied with a smile.

"Okay then, we'll be going first and sorry about earlier" Amber said as she grabbed her keys and wallet, pulling Vic's hand and walked to the door. "Send my regards to Luna!" She said before clossing the door.

"Bye Soojung ssi" she could hear Vic's voice from the other side of the door. 

Since it was still weekend, the students were allowed to go out with a curfew ends at 10pm.

 

'So, she's a chinese. No wonder her Korean sounds a bit awkward.' Soojung said to herself. She then grabbed her towel and headed to the washroom. She needed to get ready to go out as well.

                                     

**************************************

 

It was only 9pm when Amber got to her room - shared room with Soojung. Actually, Victoria and her had already arrived at their hostel at 8pm after dining at a nearby fast food restaurant. Since it was still early to go to bed, they decided to have another round of catching up.

 

Soojung was lying on her bed reading some novel when Amber entered the room. She glanced towards Amber and puts a little smile - acknowledging her presence in the room.

 

"Hi Soojung! You got here early. I thought you went out with Luna" Amber tried to strike  conversation.

"Not really. We just had dinner together at the dining hall" she replied.

"Ooh...." then Amber doesn't know what else to say. She just walks to her bed.

 

"Amber.." Soojung closed her novel and put it aside. She was looking for eye contact from the later.

"Yes?" Amber was taking off her snap back and watch and put them on her table. She then lifted up her face looking at her roommate. 

"Well..." Soojung trailed off a bit hesitating to speak. 

"Anything you wanna ask?" Amber blinked at her.

"Urm...it's kinda awkward between us. I mean we'll be sharing this room for the whole year so I guess it would be better to start to know each other" Soojung always had a loud voice but for some reason she was not sure what she was even saying with her not-so-normal-soft-voice.

Amber flashed a smile /a smirk actually/ "Anything you want to know about me?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.

"So.. you are a Chinese?" Soojung started her ice-breaking session.

"Yup. But I transferred from States. Been living there for 7 years" she remarked.

"Really? Where in States? I used to live there before" She sounds excited even talking in English and somehow her accent sounded y to Amber. /Did I just say y? Yup, I did!/

"LA. You?" 'At last! Someone to speak in language I am comfortable to use!' Amber can't be happier than this. Korean is harder to speak than she thought.

"San Francisco. Wait. Why don't you go to school in LA? No offense but you are not Korean. How did you know about this school?" She enquired wanting to know more about her roommate.

 

Amber then told her that she came here because of Vic and the fact she didn't want to be apart from Vic anymore. Soojung also shared her life stories with the other. Amber learnt that Soojung had an older sister who's a designer working in Paris. Soojung also learnt that Amber was called llama by her close friends which Soojung returned the favor by telling her she was called ice princess by her middle schoolmates because of her attitude. She apparently didn't really care what people say about her behind her back but she would definitely not just stay put when people messed up with her right in front her face.

 

They talked about lots of random things trying to get to know each other better. They could feel the awkwardness had been lifted up and they were pretty much comfortable with each other. They knew that their hostel life won't be as boring as they had imagined before.

 

"Man, look at the time now!" Amber spoke as her eyes fell on the clock on the wall.

"Huh? It's already 2am! I am so dead!" Soojung said dramatically.

"Why? Would anything bad happen if you stay up late?" Amber was already panicking!

"Hell yes! I would be a disaster tomorrow!" Soojung was looking terrified and that scared Amber even more! 

"Why? What would happen? Do you have any serious illness or something?" Amber's voice was shaking, full of concern.

"I'll have eye bag tomorrow!!!" Soojung cried, hurriedly went to her wardrobe looking for something.

"You will have what??? Eye bag??" Amber was in disbelief. She had worried for nothing!

"Yes! Eye bag. I am so not gonna have that. It will ruin me!" She quickly yet gently at the same time put on some type of collagen eye mask.

"The hell is wrong with this girl -,-" Amber muttered under her breath.

"What did you say?" Soojung glared at the other.

"Huh? Err...nothing... you'd better get your beauty rest unless you wanna wake up as a zombie tommorrow" Amber tried to avert Soojung attention from digging what she had said before.

Soojung gasped "Oh God! Heaven's forbid! I'd better sleep now" she said lying on her bed, pulling the comforter to covering herself.

'Whew~ that was close..i just don't get girls like her' Amber couldn't be any relieve as this.

"Amb, switch off the lights will you? Thanks and goodnight~" Soojung said with a yawn and drifted off to slumber a moment later.

 

Amber walked to the switch and put off the lights. She lazily crawled to her bed, glancing over Soojung saying "Goodnight, princess" before she fell asleep as well.

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A/N: I tried my best. I might make some mistakes that i couldn't notice. Sorry for that and thank you for reading. Please comment as well so i could improve ^^

AND THANKS FOR THE SUBSCRIPTION!!! ヽ(^♥^)ノ