Short Story: Tell Me You Will Stay

Idols'Dating Café
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Part 2: Sway My Way Summary:

Yoongi and Jimin go on their first date. Also, flashbacks.

“…you have a girlfriend.”

“Yup.”

“…okay—so, when did you, Min Yoongi—“

“Look, here’s the thing.” Yoongi says, pausing in the middle of the walkway so Hoseok would at least take him seriously. “She was my buddy and now she’s my girlfriend.” Yoongi looks so proud of it, a smug grin on his face as he continues walking, Hoseok stalling for a moment before following.

Hoseok is pretty much getting a mild headache. “Wait—so, how? I mean, you weren’t seeing someone and now you’re telling me you have a girlfriend? Who was your fu—oh.” It wasn’t that hard to figure out, with Yoongi gone and out of his apartment for the most part of the semester, or the year, and his lame excuse of ‘slept in’ whenever his friends would call to hang out and he wouldn’t reply for confirmation. Slept in in someone else’ apartment, a bed that is not his, with a girl he refused to have feelings for.

Though Yoongi tells them he’s going to someone’s place, he never really told them who it was or how are they related. His friends didn’t care enough so they didn’t pry further. But Yoongi feels the need to tell them now, because it’s obviously necessary. Ever since getting together with Jimin he feels the lighter weight of the burden he used to carry. He feels a lot happier now that he no longer has to deny it to everyone including himself.

He smiles a lot more to himself now, and this, Hoseok surely noticed. “You seem happy.” He comments, happy that Yoongi’s life is going well. Yoongi used to have a temper (mostly because he’s just frustrated with himself because he couldn’t build up the courage to just confess) but now he’s easy, even replying to the group chat every now and then, meeting with his friends during his free time when he’s not at Jimin’s.

“I am.” And it’s genuine—he says it with a smile. “, this is so cheesy.”

“Chill, man. It’s alright. I guess somebody can actually tame you. I’m glad.” Hoseok says, patting Yoongi on the shoulder as they enter their building. They have class ‘til six in the evening and it’s not even starting but Yoongi wants to get out and run to Jimin’s apartment, kiss her hello, maybe sleep over when he’s feeling extremely lazy to leave for the night.

“Well,” Yoongi just says with a shrug—a really giddy kind of shrug. Alright now Min Yoongi doesn’t get giddy. Hoseok might be actually convinced that somebody had posessed his friend if not for that fact that he’s totally in love and his life is coming together well.

Hoseok is happy, but it’s weird seeing Yoongi like this, so he does the most rational thing and walks faster, leaving Yoongi alone.
“Hey!”

 

The café isn’t that packed at this time of the day. Taehyung would normally spot Jimin amongst the few people crowding the place because she’s usually in a bright floral dress, but this time Taehyung’s having trouble locating her friend. Jimin never stays put in one spot, says that it’s unfair because what if other people have that spot? (well, that was seriously stupid but whatever). So Taehyung finally locates her but the thing is that she’s not in a floral dress—she’s in Yoongi’s COMME DES DOWN shirt and jeans and this is honestly a travesty. Jimin is probably the most heteroual female that Taehyung knows, always wearing the girly stuff. 
Seeing Jimin wearing a tshirt outside of her apartment is mind-baffling and with that kind of shirt no less.

“I think you’re Jimin, my friend, but I might be mistaken—“

Jimin actually laughs, a soft giggle that has Taehyung giggling, too. “So what’s the deal with this—“ Taehyung gestures wildly to her outfit. “—this…this thing!” She picks at the sleeve of Jimin’s shirt, looking so horrified and Jimin is amused with everything that is happening as of the moment.

“I know, I know. But I got too tired to dress up. And I’m just meeting with you, so…” Jimin shrugs it off. Taehyung drops the matter at hand when Jimin suddenly produces her regular order out of somewhere. “My treat. I knew I’d give you the shock of your life.”

“You’re the best.” Taehyung says. The white mocha is lukewarm now but none of that matters. “So…what’s the deal? Why am I meeting you today? You could have just texted me.”

“Alright, one, you’re my best friend, and two, I have a boyfriend.” Jimin says, careful not to drop the boyfriend while Taehyung’s sipping on her drink. A lot of embarrassing things had happened in the past that included wet tables and wet faces and Jimin doesn’t want a very Taehyung-esque commotion now. Not today.

“I’m sorry, what?”

“Well, I never really told you guys but…I’ve been…” A sigh. “…sleeping with someone this past year.”

“WHAT!” So much for avoiding commotion. The whole café is staring right at them and Jimin hides her face in her hands, bowing apologies to everyone around. “Jimin, what the hell—“

“I know, but please, can you shut up for a bit and listen to me?”

Taehyung’s internal struggle is real. She’s having a hard time controlling herself, this Jimin could tell, because who makes the stool shake that much. “Alright, buddy, that’s what he was. I guess…we got together now. With feelings and all.”

Taehyung wants to punch Jimin’s left . “How could you hide that thing from me?” For a moment, she looks upset, but Taehyung is not Taehyung without her wanting to hear every juicy bits of the whole story. She watches Gossip Girl for a reason.

“Well…for one thing, it was inconvenient, you know. He was just a buddy. Had I told everyone it will just ruin anything. But last week we kind of…”

“ed with feelings?”

“…the words are got together, but thanks, that was helpful, too.” Jimin says, feeling somewhat guarded because it seems like Taehyung was judging her. How dare that . “Are you judging me right now, Tae? Cause you know I would have told you if—“

“Jeez, chill out. I was just surprised because you? With a buddy? I thought you were some self-proclaimed , Jimin-ah~” Taehyung teases. Okay, that was a drunk statement two years ago. Taehyung will never Jimin live that down. “But whatever! How did you two meet?”

 

 

Jimin never liked studying inside her apartment. Besides the too many distractions aka her bed and her collection of magazines, it was lonely. She didn’t like being alone, but she couldn’t get a roommate either because her apartment is clearly fit for only one person and her parents are paying her rent so it’s not like she needed someone to split the bills with. In the library, she’s alone, but she has the company of the other students she doesn’t know so all is well.

Not many students go to the Ecclesiastical Section of the library, so only Jimin and a few other students who seriously wants some studying done only ever go there. It’s not packed, maybe four out of twenty tables occupied, but Jimin still tucks herself in one of the tables in the corner.

Halfway into her third hour, she’s barely studying—only highlighting the textbook she has and staring into nothing in particular. She’s brain-drained and probably needed coffee but the vending machine is so far away so she opts to just continue, resisting the urge to just go home.

A guy takes a seat in front of her, although a table away. Jimin’s eyesight is kind of bad but the contacts she has on gives justice to his face where the sunlight hits. He’s beautiful—black, undercut hair under a snapback, a plain white shirt, and tattered jeans. If anyone else wore it, it would have looked awful, but not on this handsome stranger. What’s strange is that he has nothing else with him except for a pair of headphones dangling on his neck.

Maybe Jimin stared too much, because a few moments later the guy is staring back at her, a smirk on his face as if saying ‘yes, I know I’m handsome, so keep staring’. Jimin breaks out of it, returning her eyes back on her book but her brain tells her otherwise. She’s trying so hard not to care but she’s also failing immensely.

She expects the guy to be gone, but a chair scraping away that sounds like it’s from her table pulls her out of her trance. “It’s rude to stare at strangers.” The guy takes a seat directly in front of her. He looks more handsome up close, smells fantastic, too. “I’m Yoongi.”

“I wasn’t staring, I just happen to notice you because I haven’t seen you around here before.” But Jimin doesn’t mention her name to him. Maybe playing hard to get will lengthen their encounter. Jimin jumps on any chance she can. After all, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter