Chapter 2

Story Book

 Jeon Jungkook was a popular student among his pairs, but a very average student when it came to his grades. It wasn't that he wasn't studying or listening in class...but it was so boring. He would rather have fun in P.E than listen to a teacher talk about math for over an hour. He liked to have fun with his friends too, and though he didn't like spending time in class, he was enjoying school. It was the only place he would see his friends.

If he could call them friends.

It was more...they were friends at school, but wouldn't really meet outside. At least, it was the case for Jungkook. Outside of school, he would either stay home, in his room, listening to music or he would be out of the house, anywhere else than this broken place. He wasn't poor, far from it. He had all the clothes he could want, from all the most popular and coolest brands. He also had a really good computer, a lot more powerful than he actually needed, and all the last Cds of his favorite bands. He had pretty much was any rich brat could wish for.

He just would like his parents to stop arguing. He knew it wouldn't take long before his parents would split, which didn't seem to bother him that much. Anything for them to stop yelling. So he would spend a lot of time outside, making up stories about going out with friends when really, he was just walking around town, shopping a bit. He would rarely buy something, but he liked to watch what was on sale, it was better than doing nothing. He would even sometimes go in a pet shop to go see the puppies in the back. It would always make him smile.

So school was better than home. Even then, it probably would be more enjoyable if he was better in class than he actually was. He was good enough to keep his parents off his back, but not enough to consider himself good. The last month of school was always the most painful since he wouldn't talk to people much and would have to suffer through hard exams. He didn't seem to understand half of what was going on.

But he had to admit he was starting to feel lonely. It wasn't like he could talk about his problems to his 'friends'. He already had to hide who he liked since well...He was a bit of a coward, to be honest. She was pretty much the one person everyone would make fun of, even if he had no idea why. It was like that time she fell after hitting the hudle and fell on the ground. He probably would have run to her to ask her if she was okay if she hadn't gone up with a very hurt look in her eyes. It was a bit painful to see her that hurt, actually...He had noticed her before, but it was really at that moment that he understood how alone she must feel, being treated like this, and how even if he was surrounded by people, she was probably one of the few who could actually understand how he felt.

And so he smile and hit his friend's shoulder, telling him he would try the jump. He faked not being able to make it, since he could obviously do it being good at sports as he was, and fell flat on his stomach. It hurt a lot more than he expected, but he still got up in a cool manner, smiling. Everyone was laughing, of course, but at least it was at him, not at her...Even if she looked worried.

It made him have a more genuine smile as he was going back to his friends, happy to see they seemed to have forgotten the clumsyness of the girl. Sure, his friends made fun of him a little, but it wasn't that bad. It wasn't as harsh as they could be with her.

He kind of knew her name, but since it was the end of the year, teachers weren't saying them anymore, so he only knew her first name. He also knew how good she was at school since she would always be one of the first to be done. Only once did she look at him...and he probably looked like a hurt puppy since he had no idea how she could understand any of that. Maybe if he had any courage he would have asked her to help him out, it would have been a good excuse...but by that time, it was pretty much too late for that now.

On the last day of school, as he was taking his bag from his locker and walking out for what would probably be a very bad summer, he noticed something on the floor. There was a hard book with a black cover. It was one of those art books available in any art store. He crouched, taking the book, then looked around. Everyone was pretty much gone at this hour, it was simply because he didn't want to go home that he was still there. He opened his almost empty bag and put the hard book in it. If he saw anyone searching for it, he would give it back. Otherwise, he'll just check for a name. It looked like one of the art book their needed in art class, so it was probably simply that. Nothing to be sad about.

He went to a park nearby his house, not feeling like going back yet. He could always make up the excuse he went out with friends if he really needed to. He went to his favorite spot, a hidden place behind a couple of trees towards the end of the park, sitting down under the tallest one. He opened his bag, looking for a forgotten snack when he saw the book again. Oh right, he should check whose it was...

He placed his bag between his legs, using it as some kind of desk to open the book, tilting his head a little. He had expected the usual 'first name, last name' page at the beginning of the book, but there was already a drawing, which honestly, had nothing to do with art class. So...It wasn't for school?

Obviously.

The first pages were pretty much only simple drawings, characters he had no idea what they were about. As he turned the pages, giving himself the excuse to search for a name, he started to notice something. Most of the drawings weren't colored, but when they were, the male character felt...familiar. He had black colored hair and nice clothes and...wait...

That was so cool! He had the same necklace as the character!

It actually took a couple of drawings to realise the character wasn't just some random handsome guy. Why he didn't get it earlier when it was obvious than the mal character had all the same clothes and even the same hairstyle than him was kind of obscure, but he still ended up realising he might be that character. It was one picture in particular that made him realise that. It was himself sitting on the floor, looking a bit hurt, with a girl handing him a band-aid, asking him if he was okay.

For some reason, he felt touched by this simple thing. The girl was unlike any girl he had seen before, probably because the person who draw this thought it would look better this way or whatever, but he still could understand it wasn't simply a drawing. It was...someone's feelings, maybe? He didn't know the girl drawn. No one in his school had flashy red hair...But he kind of wanted to meet the artist. Whoever it was seemed more caring than most people he met in his life. Maybe if he could meet that person...he'd have someone to share his problems with. His personnal life wasn't something he would share with people at school or with his parents, that was for sure...Especially when it was about his crush, which he was keeping secret in his heart.

Sadly, there was no names in the book. Expect the artist's signature, which was almost unreadable, there was nothing to link to anyone. He also didn't know anyone who would draw in that style...so it was pretty much a dead end.

His summer felt like a lifetime. He would spend most of his time outside, running around, stopping from time to time to sit down or shop around. It wasn't like the sun would change anything about his parents not being able to stand each other. His grades had also made them angry at him, yelling at him about spending too much time with friends and not enough at home studying.

It was a blessing for school to start again. At least he thought so until he realise that the awkward girl he had a crush on was gone.