Chapter 6

Story Book

As unexpected as it was, your third anniversary with your loving boyfriend went down the drain. Though, now that you were thinking about it, your boyfriend had barely talked to you the past few weeks, work getting in the way. He would come back, go to bed, sleep, and get up the next morning. It wasn’t like you didn’t try to talk to him…

 

But it really did not expect his sudden anger when you asked him what he wanted to do for your third year anniversary. Okay, it wasn’t the five years milestone, but it still was something… He started to shout at you, making you angry too. He was accusing you of things you had never done before, or started back very old arguments that were already settled.

At one point, you got sick of it and went in your shared bedroom, taking out a bag to put in all of your stuff. He followed you in, grabbed your bag and threw it on the side, yelling at you that you could leave. After a kick well aimed, you grabbed your bag and left, leaving him to deal with whatever was going on in his head on his own.

 

So now you were out of the apartment, a bag on your back…and with no place to go. Sure, you could go back home to your parents, who loved you very much, but you had moved out in another town, which wouldn’t be a problem if it wasn’t so far away. Making your way there right now wasn’t an option, especially since you had no car, since you lived rather close to your work, and the last bus was already long gone. So you had two options : either go in a cheap motel to sleep over to get the bus the next morning to go take refuge in your parents’ house, which would last only two days because of work, or call a friend and ask to crash there for a little while, at least until things would calm down and you would have a real conversation with your boyfriend to get answers for this sudden explosion.

 

So…which friend would you call?

 

The one in Paris, the one who was living in a two rooms apartment or the one you never called?

 

The one in Paris was scratched away immediately. Even if you had a number to join her, she was surely busy having fun in another time zone than you…which at this time, it was around two in the morning. Either way, she was gone with the keys and you weren’t comfortable with using someone’s apartment while they were gone.

 

The other one was a better choice, but her apartment was so small, you didn,t know if it would be a good idea to stay over. As cool as she was…she liked haning out with guys, and that kind of thigns were your kind of things…

 

You had other friends, of course, but a lot of them were not living in the same town as you, and so were too far for you to go to work. You didn’t want it to last that long, of course, it was just a silly fight over nothing, but you still had to think about that…

So, the last person you knew in town was, well…Junkook. You had never called him, and honestly, calling him because of something like that was just…At least if you had called him once just to have news or something, instead of waiting to be in trouble to call him only to request help…But he was a friend, in a way…

 

Alright…at least you could, like…try? If he would say no, it’ll be okay, you can go to a motel.

 

You took out your cellphone, sighing as you saw his name in the list. Alright…you can do it…You tapped on his name, then pressed on the giant green button with the phone symbol on it. Basically, you were calling him for the first time. It started to ring. At the first rong, you were calling yourself an idiot, cursing yourself to call someone for the first time only to ask something. At the second ring, you were telling yourself you should hang up and run to a motel instead of doing this. As the third ring was going on, you were telling yourself you had been an idiot and he was probably busy doing other things, and as you were about to hang up, a cute and horse voice popped in your ear.

-…Hello?
-…Hi…
-___________?
-Hey…Am I calling at a bad time?
-No, it’s okay. What’s up?
-You sound like if you just woke up.
-No, I just…I needed to get up anyway.”
-Should I call later?
-No! No, it’s okay, what’s up?
-…I, well…

 

You sighed.

-Long story short, I got into a fight with my boyfriend and left…but I have nowhere to go right now…
-Where are you?
-Uhm…near the café.

-You can stay over at my place if you want a place to stay for a little while.
-I’m sorry…
-Don’t be. It’ll be my pleasure. Help out a friend.
-…Thanks.-
-I’ll come pick you up, okay?

 

You nodded, then agreed verbally, feeling like an idiot. It wasn’t like he could see you nod. He told you he would be there in a moment, then hung up. You sighed as you did the same.

 

Soon enough, a car stopped near you, a lost puppy looking through the window, then smiled at you. It took you a moment to say something, because his hair was not only fluffy, but red. This must have been recent, because you didn’t know he had changed his hair, and you had talked to him not that long ago. He opened the door for you, letting you sit inside the car. You placed your bag on your knees, blucking your seatbelt, smiling to him.

-Thanks again.

-Really, it’s my pleasure. Though…do you mind if I ask what happened?

 

You shook your head before you explained to him the weird situation you were in, making the awkwardness disappear. He drove off, listening to her, trying to understand, like her, how that happened.

 

-I’m still confused about it, you said.

-I don’t get it either. I hope he’ll explain it to me.

 

He nodded softly, stopping in front of an apartment building. It looked like a good place, not too rich, but not too poor either. You stepped out, following him to his apartment at the third floor, smiling to him.

 

-Sorry for intruding like this…

-Really, you don’t have to feel bad. That’s what friends are for, right?

-…Thanks.

 

You smiled, which got you to see his cute, shy-like smile.

 

 

----------------------------------------------

Hai.
Took forever, I know... I started it before Christmas, then I got troubles with my internet, which forced me to use Windows instead of Linux to write, so I had to pick my fics there and hope they would open. I waited a while though, thinking I'd be able to take care of it, but I didn't find a solution yet. (Basically, I changed my WiFi USB for a PCI-E adapter (little card to put in a tower computer) so it wouldn't bug every ten minutes)

It's a temporary setup, I hope, because I have way too much distraction on Windows, being somewhat of a PC gamer.

Anyway...Hope you enjoy this chapter~