Chapter 3

Story Book

Seeing a empty spot at the front of the filled class made Jungkook a bit sad. If he had been lucky, maybe she would have been sitting there... It had been a month or so since the beginning of school and even after asking around a little, he hadn't found who was the owner of the drawing book. He also hadn't shown much of it either, since well...He was pretty sure the latter drawings were personnal...Nothing the artist would like to share with everyone. Or if the person did what to, the people he or she had shown it to were completely silent about it.

Which because Jungkook would love to talk with him or her. This person seemed to want to talk to him, considering the drawings, but also didn't seem to want to do the first steps. Or maybe he was an idiot and had actually talked to the person...Did he? Would he even remember it?...

He sighed, putting his bag in his locker, the drawing book still in it. For some reasons, even after asking pretty much everyone he had been able to reach about it, he was still carrying it around. He just didn't want to leave it at home, in case the owner would pop up to him and ask for it. Or maybe it was because he liked to look inside it. It would make him smile to see the drawings. He probably should feel creeped out, feel like someone had stalked him, but honestly...It felt more like someone had noticed him. Instead of him having to go to others and get their attention.

He liked to have someone to talk to though. Someone with who he could share his broken heart. His crush was gone, afterall, and he had no means to reach you.

Life had to go on though, and that was what happened.

You had a better time at school after moving. Maybe it was the change of atmosphere, or maybe not having any links with people in your new school, but things were going well. You actually met people who cared about you and who shared similar experiences. Sure, it was still school, and there would always be idiots who would try to make your life miserable, but you weren't alone anymore, and this was a nice change of pace. Sure, you were a bit sad you never had the courage to talk to your crush...but you had your life ahead of you. Things could only get better, right?

And so your life went on, finishing school, going through the ups and downs of life. You had studied in what you liked and had even met someone you fell for. Your worst years were behind you, and you hoped it would stay that way. You had good friends and a good job, nothing to be complaining about. You had even moved in with your boyfriend after a year or so of dating. You hadn't forgotten about your high school crush...but you were moving on. It wasn't like there had been any hope about it to begin with.

You were in a coffee shop, buying something for yourself. You were thirsty and a bit tired, and your job required a lot of your attention, at least enough to be worth a big cup of whatever had enough caffeine and sugar to keep you awake. You also had to take a few ones for your collegues, but honestly, you didn't mind having some time out of the office to breathe some fresh air...mixed with the sweet scent of coffee.

You were a bit too busy looking for your wallet in your bag to notice the head popping from being the counter, behind the guy how was waiting for you to pay. Once you lifted your head though, giving the money, you soon noticed the big smiling face.

It didn't take long for you to know who it was...But you didn't expect him to know who you were.

-______!
-...Hello...
-Do you recognise me? I'm Jungkook! We were in class together in high school!
-...Yeah, now I do.

Of course you did. You did the moment your eyes met his. You actually felt bad to see him after all this time, considering you had never really forgotten him...and that you were dating someone currently. You finished paying, smiling a little to him, not really comfortable with this situation.

-Well...I have to go now...
-I hope to see you again, _____! Maybe we should talk sometimes!

Hell no...You might feel like you are cheating on your boyfriend, even if all you were doing was talking. Maybe it was because even after a couple of years, Jungkook looked as hot as he did back in high school. You surely didn't expect him to remember you, or even know your name. You left the coffee shop, going back to work with everyone's cup, feeling more distracted than you would have liked. You had taken that time to walk out to clear your mind, not to have memories coming back to you, mostly those you didn't want to remember.

You were able to push aside that little event in a deeper part of your mind, going back to work. You had a date later that day, afterall, it wasn't the time to start wondering if you had really forgotten your feelings for that old crush of yours. You finally had things going your way, the last thing you wanted was for it to crumble. You had worked hard on your current relationship...

You loved him...Your boyfriend was everything for you. Well, almost everything, you still had friends and your work, but he was the most important part of your life. You didn't want your past to ruin your own future.

You had eventually forgotten about it, well, almost. Jungkook was a hard one to forget...but he had slipped out of your mind. You simply didn't expect to see him again. Maybe you should have remembered something important about him : he was working at your favorite coffee shop. Of course you would see him again, and as much as you wanted to forget most of your hardest years, you still loved that place too much to avoid it.

He pulled back one of the chairs and sat on it, leaning his arms on the table, crossing his fingers. He looked at your coffee, then at you before smiling. He was seriously as handsome as you remembered him...The only big difference was that he was sitting next to you, looking at you, no laughing with others while you would be the one looking at him.

And so, obviously...

-Here's your coffee, _____.

You looked up, your computer on the side with some notes opened, earplugs in one of your ears to listen to your favorite music. You smiled a little, trying to avoid staring at him too much. He was so...He was mostly smiling, handing you your cup of coffee. You were working on a few things, getting prepared to leave for a well deserved vacation with your boyfriend. You siomply had to finish up a few things before you would be able to leave without a worry. The coffee shop was simply your favorite place to work mostly because of the atmosphere and the free Wi-Fi.

-Oh...thanks.
-...Mind if I sit with you? It's my break.

You looked around a little. The shop wasn't empty, but there was some free space. You weren't an idiot though, you could guess he wanted to talk to someone, and for some reason, it was you. You nodded, closing your music and taking out your earplug. Simply to be polite.

-Sure.
-Thanks.

He pulled back one of the chairs and sat on it, leaning his arms on the table, crossing his fingers. He looked at your coffee, then at you before smiling. He was seriously as handsome as you remembered him...The only big difference was that he was sitting next to you, looking at you, not laughing with others while you would be the one looking at him.